Not open for further replies.

David French

Reaction score
DarthLarry said:
when is it coming out?! argh!

:confused:

:boo:

brian
Umm...when Disney are ready to announce it, perhaps?

Ladies and gents - again, have patience.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Blah... Its Not Comming Out.
Along With
  • The Next American Muppet
  • Kermits Christmas Capers
  • The Kermit Tour that Got Cancled
  • And Coutnless Other Projects they Haved Lied to Us Since they Bought the Muppets
Dont Hold your Breath...

Telly

Reaction score
How well did the first season sell? I remember not being able to find it for months after it was first released! Thank God I bought my copy when it first came out!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Along With
  • And Coutnless Other Projects they Haved Lied to Us Since they Bought the Muppets
Dont Hold your Breath...
Well... that's optomistic.

Telly said:
How well did the first season sell? I remember not being able to find it for months after it was first released! Thank God I bought my copy when it first came out!
I've heard it sold very well. For some reason, I seem to remember hearing it was one of Disney's best sellers of the year.

David French

Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Along With
Dont Hold your Breath...
*Sigh!*

It always amuses me whenever I read posts like this, as it confirms my suspicions that people just don't have a clue about what they are typing about.

Disney have never lied to anybody about anything - why would they? What would be the point?

Ladies and gents, I am going to tell you something that some of you may not like to hear but unfortunately the Muppets are just not as popular in 2007 as they were twenty to thirty years ago. Many members of the general public have fond memories of watching the Muppet Show either as kids or as adults. Unfortunately, many of those same people now tend to think of the show as a kids' programme. Of course, it doesn't help that networks tend to schedule the show in timeslots suitable for kids' programmes. For example, the last time the Muppet Show aired on free-to-air television in New Zealand was in the late 1990's. The timeslot - 7.30am weekday mornings.

It also doesn't help that the DVD of Season One was put in the Children's section of retail stores in New Zealand because it was a Disney release and Disney means 'children'.

Disney are doing their best to try and get the Muppets back in to primetime but they are facing an uphill battle. I suspect the reason why a lot of their proposed projects have flopped is because they overestimated how popular their projects would be with the general public.

As I have said before, Disney will release Season Two of the Muppet Show but we have to be patient and wait. The Muppet Show isn't the only DVD project that they will be concentrating on at the moment, as they do have a plethora of other material to release as well.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, actually, the first three Muppet projects that Jonathan listed were stopped because of a change of hands at the Muppets Holding Company. Quite frankly, I was never really looking forward to "America's Next Muppet" anyway. That or Kermit's Christmas Capers (another Muppet Christmas movie... is that all they are?), though that one did sound interesting.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
The Muppet NewsFlash also says that it's on the schedule for Summer 2007.

Summer 2007 is better than "at some point in the near future" though. Tomorrow would be the best alternative though :wink:

D

Dil

The Season 1 DVD is so populated of being bought that Disney wanted to avoid putting the 2nd Season on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.