Too old for Sesame Street

Thijs

Reaction score
I started watching was I was 1, I stopped watching when I was 6, and started watching again when I was 10 :smile:

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
Yeah. I watched it from the time I was born until age 5 or six. My mom took the cutest picture of me (I was probably 1) watching Sesame Street. I was lying on the floor and Kermie was on. :smile: I stopped watching it because I thought it was uncool :frown: but I still went to Sesame Street Live. Now I watch it a lot more.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm 30, living alone, and watch SS when I can catch it. Tell your mom or whoever to kiss-off and let you do your own thing.

At least you aren't cracking open liquor and doing drugs instead.

She should appreciate that!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
That post thus proves why Kevin rocks hard. Rock on, Fozzie Bear!

-Matt

Hays

Reaction score
Is somebody doing a psych 101 paper?

Funny how this topic keeps coming up one way and another.

Let's remember - Sesame Street was DESIGNED for adults to watch - one of the primary ideas behind the show was to make it entertaining to both adults and children so they would WATCH TOGETHER.

Great art is ageless - even if there's education and humor mixed in.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by monkeymuppet
I stopped watching it because I thought it was uncool :frown:
i went through a stage when i was about 7 that i was too 'mature' to watch animated shows, then in the last year i realized how dumb that was...many kids shows are better than so called adult shows!

Sarah

mikealan

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me!

I appreciate all your feelings. I was happy to see older people still watching and enjoying SS like me! I could watch it sometimes during my breaks or weekends.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Hey ... I regularly watched both SS and MISTER ROGERS until I was 10. In fact, I'll still catch myself watching ARTHUR every now & then :smile:
It's just the kid in me, I guess. To me, watching these shows is purely sentimental. So much of my childhood is revolved around elementary school special ed; these shows bring me back to the greatest eight years of my life.
During those eight years, I had so many unique experiences, many of them different than those of "regular" students.
These are times which I wouldn't trade for the world.
Thank God for memories.

beaker

Reaction score
While I wish I could get PBS in, I am content with the more recent Sesame dvds I have. elmopalooza and Computer Caper just rocks. early to mid 90's Sesame doesnt interest me at all for some reason, so its good to see these post 98 dvds coming out.

But indeed, I love being bale to watch Nick Jr. shows on CBS when they have them, or ctaching Recess on the Disney afternoon. I really want to get back into my archive stuff of Muppet vhs again, took a bit of a hiatus from hardcor archive watching. But yes...Arthur, Little Bear, it's all good.

As for not being able to get back into Sesame from missing a lot of episodes...same could be said for Fraggle Rock. Its quite a feat to get *every* single vhs...but what I have been able to see over the years leaves me in awe. Man they need to bring that show back!