Too old for Sesame Street

Redsonga

Reaction score
But as said, the Street is an institution. It won't just up and die, you know.
I know, I know *lol*:embarrassed: I wasn't saying I thought it would but..some people in high places just don't have as much faith in it lasting without the Elmo parts now I heard...Which is silly IMHO :wisdom:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There was an episode of Sesame Street last year (or the year before) without any Elmo's World. I wonder how that went over?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
As fate would have it I think I saw that episode and liked it :excited:
But the new generations to which the Street was being directed towards loathed it. In terms of ratings, Elmo's World has become a staple part of the show ever since its 1998 debut, and so, without it, ratings went down.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think we've discussed this before how they often have to keep up with the times and do what's in the best intertest of the audience.

Now can we get back on topic for pete sakes?

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's all in how you think of SS and children's shows overall I think..there are so many layers beyond the first one to enjoy at any age:smile:...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If a show is written well, there should be no need to stay "modern." And the idea that kids today have different requirements is a myth in my opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If a show is written well, there should be no need to stay "modern." And the idea that kids today have different requirements is a myth in my opinion.
Off topic, but that stuff is concocted by a bunch of hack child psychologists that just want to write random books so they can make names for themselves. Not every one is a hack, mind you... just the most vocal.

And IMO, SS has always been modern to some extent. I mean, in the 70's they did Disco, in the 80's they had Weird Al style song parodies... it's a very hip and up to date show. That's why I never feel ashamed to like it (see, we can weave things back on to the topic). It's just certain segments and ideas that keep it more for the younger audiences.