Too old for Sesame Street

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
When I became 13 or 14, I began to think I was too old for it. When I started collecting it again, I didn't think so anymore. The only SS I'm too old for nowadays is the new episodes. I'm sure many of y'all can level with me on that.

Matt - who says it's impossible? I just got some amazing Unpaved episodes that I highly recommend (endless thanks to Splurge for those).

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I am a collector of full series. It is impossible to have every episode of SS at this current time unless you have broken into the archieves and stollen the records (which would be impossible, being I believe they are scattered between CTW and SW). I'm talkin' EVERY episode, that's what I'm out for when collecting, and while 96 FR episodes is a bit steep for me, 2000+ is way outta my league, especially when most of the greats aired before VCRs.

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Noo, Sesame Workshop = bought Sesame Street from EM.TV. Read the posts about it. :wink:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
To say you are to old for Sesame Street is to say your too old for entertainment. Yeah, there are some shows that noone over the age of 5 should watch, but thats cause they are ****ty shows(ie: Telletubies, Barney, etc) and insult kid's intelligence.

As for being a 'completist'...I havent watched Sesame really since the late 80's...BUT! I keep up, through specials, catching it on tv now and again, dvds, etc.

To say you cant get into it because you missed thousands of episodes is bull. Thats the beauty of Sesame...its here to last, and has been the only consistently broadcast Muppet show for the last 30+ years. I myself havent been able to get Sesame with my antenna for years...and have probably missed out on a lot of moments. But fromt he chemistry with Telly, Baby Bear, Zoe, Bert, Ernie, Cookie, Oscar, and yes even Elmo...it is definately worth
seeing out at least some of the specials. But there is no real evolving storyline or canon, so its easy to just check out episodes here and there. I HIGHLY reccomend Elmopalooza...very fresh and great.(It even has the yip yip Sesame Martians on Conan O'Brien!)

I just have to laugh at Muppet fans who pass off Sesame(or Bear for that matter), as Sesame contains some of the greatest Muppets and performers of our time. Where you think the new Oz(Eric Jaccobson) got big?

At any rate, I hope Sesame Street is shown forever...as it is one of the few remaining kids shows worth watching...along with containing some GREAT chemistry and entertainment.(err, at least on the Muppet parts, never liked the cartoons)

To deny Sesame is to deny being a TRUE Muppet fan.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh...okay...

Eh whatever I'll just agree with Byron. :big_grin:

-Matt

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
there are times i may turn on sesame street and watch for a few minutes or so. i have a 1 1/2 year cousin who comes over all the time and watches sesame street and various sesame street tapes that people can buy at the stores and i'll sit and watch it for a while. its still good stuff. when i was young all i cared about was watching cookie and oscar and all of those guys, and i still enjoy watching them. heck i even watched elmo in grouchland a few months ago when my cousin came over and since i never saw it, i thought it was a good movie. hehe....

hey i even watched mr. rogers neighborhood a few times here and there and thats also a show for kids, but i liked watching it...

to me, its kind of like one is to old to watch cartoons no matter how old you are.......

truth be told, no one is to old to watch sesame street. it's still a good show; it may be designed for kids, but its still a good show....

ryan