Trailer for Looney Tunes; BIA

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Speaking of Bugs' voice, when we all do costumed characters at Ronald McDonald House, or wherever we do them, I go as Bugs Bunny and I make a fairly good attempt at doing the voice.

Speaking of fans-in-pocket, as Bugs Bunny there were 2 year olds and up to 16 year olds talking to me, telling "Bugs" how much they loved watching his show and all that. The cutest thing was a 2 year old saying "What's Up Doc?" back and forth with me a few times, then cocking her head to the side and softly saying, "I love you Bugs Bunny!"

So, I told them all, "...when you're watching me on tv and I looks at you, wave so I'll know you're watching." Of course, I was speaking as Bugs.

As far as the studios go, that's the main problem with them is that they take too many assumptions of what the fans really want instead of ASKING--which is why Palisades is so cool. They asked, we told, and they delivered.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I never thought Noel Blanc did a very good job at voicing the characters. I remember him doing some of the voices along side Mel in a interview concerning Mel's work in Roger Rabbit and Noel didn't impress me. I have friends who can do a much better job and I'm glad they didn't go with him. Still, I really didn't like Bugs' voice in Space Jam. I had that same sort of feeling. :sympathy:
Noel really doesn't want to do the voices. I know he's busy doing his own thing, and I'm glad he's stepping out of his father's shadow and finding his own way. He has done some LT voice work though. I know shortly after his father died, he released a bunch of answering machine tapes with the Looney Tunes characters on them. Can you even remember answering machines with cassette tapes in them? :rolleyes: :stick_out_tongue: :smirk:

What I want to know is when Eric Goldburg left Disney. That was a shocker to me when I read about him working on this in Super Scooter's post.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I never thought Noel Blanc did a very good job at voicing the characters.
Yeah, me neither. I saw him do a commercial for the Tweety bird clock once, and, I didn't really like it. I think it's his, as was brought out, comedic delivery more than his voices that's the problem. He just doesn't have it.

Originally posted by radionate
What I want to know is when Eric Goldburg left Disney. That was a shocker to me when I read about him working on this in Super Scooter's post.
When'd I post this?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Eric Goldberg. This guy is a Warners freak! Ask him about any old WB cartoon, and he could tell you who directed it, who animated on it, when it was made, etc. This guy is amazing.
Sorry, I got my people mixed up. My bad! :embarrassed: :sympathy: :concern: :smirk:

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Speaking of Bugs' voice, when we all do costumed characters at Ronald McDonald House, or wherever we do them, I go as Bugs Bunny and I make a fairly good attempt at doing the voice.

Are they licensed costumes or are they "look-alikes"? I worked at Six Flags for a few years doing all the Looney Tunes characters (except for Lola) there was a wide variety of people. Most kids these days know Bugs Bunny from Cartoon Network, while some actually didn't know who any of the characters were. Half of the people who met Daffy would call him "Donald", but when I visited Disneyland I saw some kids call Donald "Daffy".

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not licensed....sssshhhh!

I think it's an old Six Flags reject. It's in rough shape, but we've repaired it and it looks really good now.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Not licensed....sssshhhh!

I think it's an old Six Flags reject. It's in rough shape, but we've repaired it and it looks really good now.
Ah, i's for charity.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"i's" all fo' charity, too. :zany:

I knew what you meant. We use those only for freebies for the RMH.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm glad Noel's doing his own thing. I saw the same special Jamie did. That's where Mel said he thought his son was the only one to do a good job imitating him. And the imitation was decent, but I've heard better. In Box Office Bunny (a 1990 short), one guy played Bugs, Daffy and Elmer, and I thought he did a really good job. I think he's done other things for WB as well, but then for the movie, they went with the "name" actor of Billy West, from Ren & Stimpy. Two problems here: 1) the average person doesn't know or care who West is. 2) the hardcore animation fan who would know this doesn't care whether it's West or not--they just want the best possible voice. West is OK, but he's by far not the best.

So Eric Goldberg worked for Disney before heading the WB animation staff? What projects has he worked on before?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
So Eric Goldberg worked for Disney before heading the WB animation staff? What projects has he worked on before?
Eric Goldberg is responsible for the design of Genie in Disney's Aladdin (he based the design on the artwork of Al Hirschfeld, an incredible artist). He went on to direct a whole scene in Fantasia 2000 based around the stylings of Mr. Hirschfeld. He is also credited with directing the Carnival of Animals (the scene of the Flamingo with the Yo Yo)

Eric also Directed Pocahontas, although he is on record saying that he is disappointed that the film didn't turn out as he expected (I personally love it).