Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh...my...gosh! Vic, it will be great to have the visuals back!

Wait, let me rephrase...

It will be great to have you back, and, as a result, the visuals.

The dynamic of that poster reminds me why I missed them so much! And tells me that you should be in charge of all Muppet publicity and design for Disney...forever...

Beau

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've been gone, and I realized somethin'... I really miss youse' guys. I'll be back posting again regularly soon, and even better, I'll be bringing back the visuals.

In the mean time, you can now view all 28 original visuals and more at the new Deviant Art gallery made just for the all new (and old) Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals!
crazed gonzo fa said:
Hey Vic I know you're probably busy, but could you give us a preveiw of some of your upcoming projects?
Yes, I can!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Squeels in delight*

WOW! The preview! Oh gosh is it November yet? November is a good month in my opinion (although that could be because my birthday is in that month...) and now you've just got me so excited!

Once again, I'm so happy to see you back Dave and visuals or no visuals, I'm just happy to see you posting here again! MC hasn't been the same without you!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks so much Vic! By the way, do you still plan to do that muppet babies project you talked about a while back?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Welcome back Big D. How's work been treatin' ya? Good I hope.

Can't wait to hear what you've been up to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Thanks so much Vic! By the way, do you still plan to do that muppet babies project you talked about a while back?
Vic, are you still planning to do that "Muppet Central Show 2" thing again? Because if so, I need you to PM me again...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey hey guys! I should start being more regular now. Thank you Metamucil!
KermieBaby47 said:
Welcome back Big D. How's work been treatin' ya? Good I hope.

Can't wait to hear what you've been up to.
Work consumes most of my time, too much possibly, but I'm aggresively trying to advance and that possibility has made itself clear, so it's now in the hands of HR and God, so hopefully within a few months I'll be a made man. In the meantime, my wife and I are also in the process of trying to move closer to work. Toss in a ton of freelance and personal projects and you get a stressed out Romano who needed some time away from MC.

However, in the mean time I've been toolin' around with the ol' Photoshop and inadvertantly creating new Muppet stuff, so by November I plan on having a pretty hefty arsenal to share.
crazed gonzo fa said:
Plan? Yes. Finish? Undecided. Understand that the photomanipulated visuals you see are relatively quick and easy for me to create, where as illustrated work (such as the Muppet Baby one) take more time, effort, planning and concentration. So I'd like to, I just wouldn't hold your breath. But your interest gives me real initiative and eagerness to please, so I'll do what I can. I can also promise some fun new stuff coming out later this year.
D'Snowth said:
Vic, are you still planning to do that "Muppet Central Show 2" thing again? Because if so, I need you to PM me again...
I think so, but it's hard to say. Lemme' give you a little perspective: The MC Show was one of my favorite visuals, both to do and see. I personally thought it was a great sign of the sense of community and friendship we share here at MC. However, the second one didn't necesarily generate the cooperation I'd hoped for. Yes; people seemed generally interested, and yes; I share your frustration with projects like T*K*O* that are great and fun things that don't always get the response that you want (possibly because of the overwhelming amount of great fan-fics we have here). My problem was that many people said they wanted to participate, but not many people followed through with it.
I am genuinely thrilled with the response that the visuals return is generating, so we'll have to wait and see if The Muppet Central Show 2 becomes a reality.

Like all things, there has to be somewhat of an interest in those things to give them life. When I started this thread, I was lucky if the next visual appeared four posts after the last. Now I can post a teaser and generate almost two pages of posts and that's very rewarding and let's me know that I'm lucky enough to have such great friends as an audience, thusly making me aware that I need to produce some quality stuff! I know it seems like I'm making mountains outta' mole hills here, but I do take the work I do very seriously, so thanks for your very kind words, they mean a lot to me!!! :smile:

EDIT: Yipes! Long post! :embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
That's what comes of spending too much time manipulating photos, Vic, you end up making mountains out of mole-hills...when you take mole-hills and superimpose sky scrapers and...er...wait, what am I saying?

Oh! That was it!

I'm so excited that you're back! And the teaser looks funtabulous(tm)! November is a nice enough distance away that it gives you time to get well ahead, and for us to remain hyped without blowing anything up in impatience...well, not much...*blows up the superimposed skyscrapers*

christyb

Reaction score
Completely off topic random and muffining the thread.....

*runs around very hyper and Lisa like* Vic!!! You're back! Oh man I feel bad. I uh er...forgot to send you The Reunion. Bad me. I'll send it now. Welcome Back..ish. This was a great surprise.