Wanted: Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

hal

Reaction score
anathema said:
It's NTSC, yes ;-)

Are you positive it's uncut? Are all of these scenes there?

The snowman musical and comedy number with Fozzie is completely gone. They sing "Sleigh Ride" in the original version. Rowlf begins the song by playing "Sleigh Ride" on Emily Bear's out-of-tune piano. Rowlf says he "loves out-of-tune pianos" while Sprocket watches him play. Fozzie, the Snowman, and penguins sing outside. This is a very abrupt and obvious edit.

The Muppet Babies film "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is removed. The film begins and Animal immediately bursts through the screen. Included in the broadcast version of the film are the baby versions of Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter, Fozzie, and Gonzo. This is another clear edit that something is missing. Doc comments that the film was fun when there was nothing for him to see other than a one second shot of Baby Piggy and Animal immediately bursting through the screen!

Miss Piggy and the Muppets singing "Home for the Holidays" is not shown when she arrives at the farmhouse. Miss Piggy falling on the icy patch is also removed. When Kermit mentions that Miss Piggy always likes to make an entrance, the video release cuts immediately to the beginning of the Carol Sing Medley.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" are edited out during the Carol Sing Medley.

Emily Bear hangs Fozzie's stocking underneath the fire. Fozzie mentions that he's a grown bear alluding to the fact he doesn't need it anymore. When Emily reaches to take it down, Fozzie decides it's ok to leave it up. This entire scene is removed. This occurs right before Kermit gives Miss Piggy a mink for Christmas.

I'm sorry if I seem to be too picky, but I have been looking for the original for years. I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArtVandelay

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas

Hello,
I am a long time reader of this forum, but this is my first post.

I know from reading this site that this is a very popular request, and if there is an official thread for movie requests, please direct me to it.

If there isn't, I would like to ask someone to help me who has an original, uncut version of this classic. I'm afraid I do not have that much to offer in trade, for all the things I have are not rare, and are most likely owned by everybody. I would pay for the tape, dvd, or cd for the copy, as well as all the postage. I hope someone can help me out, and I also hope that I am doing this right, and not breaching some sort of forum rule.

I thank you for your time, and I hope everyone has a great holiday season!

ArtVandelay

Reaction score
I found someone to help me, and will be receiving a copy in a week or so. Thanks to all who looked at this thread, and happy holidays to all.

Bantis

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas

Hey guys, I tried last year to no avail, but this year it has a bit more meaning. Now that my Niece is old enough to really get into the Muppets, I was telling her about how Muppet Family Christmas was one of my favorite christmas movies. I see her really liking it a lot and want to share it with her. I'd rather not buy the edited VHS/DVD version though. Does anyone have a copy for trade? You can email me at jamweinh@uat.edu. Thanks a lot, I'll be checking the boards.

amiemc

Reaction score
A Muppet Family Christmas

I have been trying for years to find the original version of A Muppet Family Christmas (as opposed to the edited version that was later released) as my recorded version no longer plays. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on the original...please let me know.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have the original complete with commercials by Osh Kosh B'Gosh, but I am unable to make copies. Last year I made copies for several members, it got a little out of hand with all the requests, but they may be able to make copies for you. Unfortunately, I don't remember everyone I made copies for, but even if I did, I wouldn't just give their names out, it's up to them if they want to come to you. So I guess what I'm saying is; people here do have it, but I don't know if they have the opportunities to copy it.