We all have Four More Years to Live...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Right like, I consider myself a Christian, but I accept evolution as God's way of creating the world. People back then, much like in Henson's The Storyteller, "told their past with stories." It was how they explained the world around them. Some things in the Bible happened and some are just stories decided to teach. And it doesn't matter if all of them really happened or not, the point is the lesson they are trying to get across (which I believe is influenced by God). Of course, this is just what I believe, and no one has to agree. :wink:

Not that I want to get into a debate, hehe. Definiely not. So anyway, at the moment we can't yet predict when the world will end. Though, I think the US isn't doing so hot right now unfortunately, heh.
Wow so part of the Bible is real and part of it is not that don't sound right to me. Is that what your saying? Ya know i think im going to make a thread called the what you belive thread. So we can share all our belives and study Rilgion together and try to get some common ground.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow so part of the Bible is real and part of it is not that don't sound right to me. Is that what your saying?
Well like I said, I don't want to debate, I don't want to get in a big thing. But I respect your opinion, even if we disagree. There's a lot of different kinds of people in the world and we need to live together somehow. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, what parts of the Bible AREN'T real?

*Pushes glasses furthur up nose and folds arms*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Dwayne, there's already a huge religion thread, don't make another. Everyone, stop bickering about religion and go back to middle school. :rolleyes: This thread isn't the place to debate theology.

Pork

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a debate though. It can be a discussion.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Dwayne, there's already a huge religion thread, don't make another. Everyone, stop bickering about religion and go back to middle school. :rolleyes: This thread isn't the place to debate theology.
Well i was just making a point, and that is here lattly it has made me feel a little uneasy when there has been a lot of talk in diffrent threads about God and religion. I know of the thread i have posted there many times, and i like it. For the ones who want to talk about the Bible and the meanings of it let me know, and we can jump on over there and chat it up.
Also heralde, I can understand where your coming from on not wanting to get into a big debate, I don't want to myself. I just thought that here lattly you and others have been talking more about God and religon, and thats why i said what i did. I'm not going to put what i belive about the Bible here, but i will on the other thread. If you or anyone else want to talk (no debateing) about what you belive let me know.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Pork said:
It doesn't have to be a debate though. It can be a discussion.
Yes, and I think it would be better discussed in a positive, non-threatening manner in the religion thread.
Dwayne said:
Well i was just making a point, and that is here lattly it has made me feel a little uneasy when there has been a lot of talk in diffrent threads about God and religion.
Alot of people's posts have made me uneasy lately, but I'm not talking about religion. Mostly I have noticed very negative and off-topic posts that are way too personal or irrelevant to the thread. I think we need to focus on discussing the topic in as close to a fair and balanced manner as we can, and not discuss ourselves/each other to the point where it is annoying/upsetting. Of course, that is not to say that it is wrong to express your beliefs or opinion; quite the contrary, I think MC is a great place to express yourself. I just think we all need to be more considerate of one another, and consider when it is/is not appropriate.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Alot of people's posts have made me uneasy lately, but I'm not talking about religion. Mostly I have noticed very negative and off-topic posts that are way too personal or irrelevant to the thread. I think we need to focus on discussing the topic in as close to a fair and balanced manner as we can, and not discuss ourselves/each other to the point where it is annoying/upsetting. Of course, that is not to say that it is wrong to express your beliefs or opinion; quite the contrary, I think MC is a great place to express yourself. I just think we all need to be more considerate of one another, and consider when it is/is not appropriate.
I must say I agree. I'm not saying that the expression of personal beliefs should be frowned upon, I'm not saying that by ANY means, in fact, I think it's great. But lately there definitely have been some things that, like MrsPepper said, have been drawn very off-topic and into very personal matters that I feel would be better suited for another thread. Again, just my personal feelings, please don't feel like you can't share your personal feelings as well.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, let's stay away from the really personal stuff, before one of the mods comes in and closes the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.