We Need Another Movie

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
How about a muppet star wars special wit cameos from original cast members of star wars or aset of spoofs like: a shrimps story, (toy story), the dogfather, pig wars (star wars) and muppets assemble (avengers assemble)

Drtooth

Reaction score
The last thing we need is a Scary/Disaster Movie type vehicle for the Muppets. Or yet another Star Wars parody period.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If Disney wants to cross-promote the franchises similar to the way they handled the Phineas and Ferb crossover and make a short Muppet/Star Wars crossover, I'd be for it. Just not an entire Family Guy style parody series.

I do not think the Muppets need a film that's entirely based on flat movie parodies. VMX was partially like that, but managed to have it's own voice.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

mr3urious

Reaction score
If Disney wants to cross-promote the franchises similar to the way they handled the Phineas and Ferb crossover and make a short Muppet/Star Wars crossover, I'd be for it. Just not an entire Family Guy style parody series.
The P&F/Star Wars crossover was definitely a refreshing way to parody SW without it being a straight-up retelling: by having them play original characters intertwined in the SW story.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing that was disappointing about P&F Star Wars was they released it just as Disney wanted out of the P&F business. So no merchandise was made (save for a keychain you get from buying the Target edition DVD). Especially since there were plush versions of Perry's appearance in the Marvel crossover. Kinda wanted a Darthenschmirts figure.

But aside from that, Disney let P&F play with their expensive new franchises, even the Muppets if you count the Piggy appearance on their short lived talk show interstitial. The Muppets got thrown to bad Disney pop stars and a bad Disney Tweencom. Sad thing is, Muppets already have played with those franchises, well before the idea of selling them to Disney. While Marvel would be a stretch, I don't see why they don't do some short Star Wars type thing. Muppets have always had a connection, and not just the fact Frank Oz played one of the iconic characters. Yet, I'd hate to see them take the Family Guy approach and parody the film. P&F did it right through the Rozencrantz and Gilderstien are dead route (or is it Rozenstein and Gilderkrantz).

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
It's been a year since MMW was released and sadly only now are we getting new Muppet material. I think it's safe to say that before we get another movie we need a TV Show, TV Special, perhaps a TV Movie but the Muppets need to do something big which is basically free before they attempt at making another movie. As much as I'd love a new movie, for now I don't want to see one.