1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

We Need Another Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by D'Snowth, Aug 17, 2014.

1. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

This thread just got REAL! hahahaha... Id take a new muppet show over a movie any day!!

cc

Muppet Master and jvcarroll like this.
  2. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I would think Disney Is so Rich If they made one more Film and It took a Major Hit at the Box Office like MMW that It really wouldn't affect there Multi Billion Dollar Corporation. :smirk:

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here's Bill's exact words about that picture: "Just something Kevin thought would be fun to do...so we did it." So Kevin is still not with the Muppets. Unless he catches us by surprise.

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I wonder when this Muppets Youtube thing is coming out! I'm excited to see it

5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

True, same here, I would take TV shows over movies

Movies: A muppet movie is usually 80-130 minutes, if successful, or if the studio cares we get one more which may or may not succed, and even if we get more, there will be lots of waiting.

TV Shows: Even if it is not successful, it will air like 13 half hour episodes which is more than a movie's worth of content, and TV shows are more accessible than movies, just turn on the set.

crazy chris likes this.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I thought Muppets Most Wanted was THE most real Muppety film in 30 years, yet it disappointed at the box office. So I don't know anymore...but I agree that going forward television is where they need to be now

Drtooth and jvcarroll like this.
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Or it will get canceled before every episode is even broadcast. See also The Jim Henson Hour, Little Muppet Monsters, and the first season of Muppets Tonight (though the remaining episodes eventually did air along with an extra season).

Hopefully Disney plans on releasing each season shortly after the seasons end (like with pretty much every show produced these days), so even if it gets canceled before the first season ends, I expect all of the first season to be released on DVD.

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Anybody wonder when the YouTube thing is coming out?

9. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Yeah...when is this YouTube thing coming out?? I don't know...they haven't said anything about it yet, I sure am excited for it!

10. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

They just need to realise the whole series of TMS in one huge combo and they'll see how much money they could get.

11. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

We need a Halloween movie. No doubt.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  12. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

YAY MORE VIRAL VIDEOS!

13. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I would love to see at least one more to close out this chapter of the Muppets story, I loved The Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DISNEY IF YOU READ THESE FORUMS, WE NEED A NEW MUPPETS THEATRICAL FILM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on a side note I love the New Muppets Show it seems to get better and better !!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY MUPPETS FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

No, I don't want a new movie. The Muppets are fine on TV right now.

15. Muppet Master

Ya, though I would like one, but I'd rather have a TV show then a new movie, the TV show is better than anything the Muppets have done in the last two decades in my opinion.

A new movie is probably not going to happen in a while, unless Disney has a lot of faith in them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
    FletchySRF3088 and Muppy like this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well i'm not sure about that. I think the show has a lot of major problems and i've only really enjoyed about four episodes of the show so far,I definitely enjoy the two movies much more. But while I wouldn't mind a new Muppet movie in general ,I would prefer they wait at least another couple years so they can let the tv show really get off the ground and get a few more fans.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  17. Muppet Master

You were pretty spot on with that prediction.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, this is exactly what happened.

19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what that means for the franchise. Does that make The Muppets a bunch of characters that sure, everyone truly loves but never actually bother to stay consistent with their favorite characters or even bother supporting their show.

I know the Muppets are always one of those franchises where people go "Oh I love the Muppets" but don't bother to tune in on a weekly basis.

20. LashHolstein

LashHolstein New Member

It seems like it tbh. I mean, most folks thought Piggy and Kermit were married. And I will not get started on the thought that the Muppet Show Muppets were on Sesame.