1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Well, It Has Happened

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ResidentLilly, Jan 31, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I say some of us intentionally spike the price up on this auction, just as a kind of message. Whose with me? You know you wont 'win' so no chance of accidentlaly having to pay.

*me, whose bummed I lost out ona very important TMNT auction this morning...set my alarm and everything...darn you 3 second sniper to my 5 second sniper bids! Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhh*
  2. Akasha

Akasha New Member

What i'd like to know is who the winner will be hehe h*ll if he/she can spend that kind of money on figures I have a list of things I want hehehe ;)

:p
  3. dhillman

dhillman New Member

Ok, I've got to ask.... After all, Ken, you knew someone would....

Since you have "extras" of the wedding Kermit/Piggy set, why not have some sort of lottery / contest with however many you would be willing to part with for those of us CC members?

It couldn't be fashioned in the same sense as the Holiday Kermit because Henson doesn't want you to make profit off of it, but it is just an idea...

Perhaps like some sort of Muppet Scavenger Hunt!

Anyway... Just an idea...

I'll head back to the lab now with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Dr. Phil van Neuter :)

D
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Remember Ken owns the Wedding Sets, Palisades Toys doesnt. It would be like Ken giving away his own personal toy collection. Not that i'm saying he isnt generous enough to do that (imagines Ken putting a protective arm around his toy collection at this point) but it's not really upto him to supply the prizes for collectors club promotions - especially not ones worth $500'ish each.
  5. MikeBatesmen

MikeBatesmen New Member

That's one of my favorite episodes!!

Strange, I've been a vistor of this board for months, but this is what drove me to post. I wish I had a brother like that, I know two auctions I would spend it on...
  6. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Its times like this that makes me want cash on hand so bad..... I cant wait ill be browsing to get some rare items once i get my money.Im only 14 so I get paid once a month for working at this place.
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

hey you get paid?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i do volunteer work...i teach kids to read!

it's fun but there's no cash in it!

Sarah
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That is definately one way to spike up Ken's online cred and make all the collector folks on the forums drool^_^
  9. Don Music

Don Music New Member

ARRG! Here I thought my collection was complete... yes I'm one of those OCD collectors that beaker goofs on. It's at $375, so at this point it would probably be cheaper to just up my medication. ;)

-Eric
  10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

*sigh* the thing that bugs me the most about this guy selling it is that it is a very personal item from a pretty big event in two people's lives. It's like selling the pictures you took at the wedding just because they weren't that many and hard to get. Very low.

C'mon, it even says the bridesgrooms' and best mans' names, they don't want to have their memory cheapened like that! Sorry it had to happen, Ken. I'd be p***** off.
  11. Don Music

Don Music New Member

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hey, I got OCD as much as the next collector...but barely noticeable paint touchups dont really constitue paying out a mortgage and an organ donation on ebay for me^_^

Btw, Ken...I was thinking. Since you have a few of these left, and I know your jonzin' to get in on the cash cow these things bring on ebay, but realize ya promised JHC you cant...go ahead and email me as I got a solution. I'll sell a few of em on ebay with a $500 buy now on one of my many ebay usernames, and split the profits with ya. Sound good? rivetbadtz@hotmail.com

...wait a second, that ebay username of the seller...OMG!
    I knew you'd find a way to work around the JHC agreement!
    Man, youre one clever product manager Mr. Lilly!
  13. Don Music

Don Music New Member

lol! Guess I'm not THAT bad (yet). Still, these are very tempting. I new that 2nd kidney had a purpose!
  14. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

***? Now this one may very well irk me. Hm...well, it ain't me, I can tell you that. First of all I would never be so stupid as to do it from MY HOME TOWN, and second auctions with any kind of reserves cheese me off intensely. O never bid on anything if there is a reserve.
  15. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Ken,

Why dont you win the Auction ?

You obviously dont have to pay, Its already your product.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

E-gad! This looks like a job for the world's greatest detective, Sherlock Hemlock...

What do you expect from a Muppet fan site?
  17. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

Well, JHC didn't exactly say that the new Mrs. Lilly couldn't sell them, did they? ;)
  18. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Auction has since been removed. Hmmm....

Curiouser and curiouser...
  19. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Ken,
    The auction was not removed by eBay, it was ended by the seller. When eBay ends an auction, you get a message 'The Item You Requested Is No Longer Available or in Our Database'

This just has the 'Bidding Is Closed For This Item'

This was just ended by the seller. (Symantics)
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Looks like someone was trying to prank Ken and make it look like it was him. They just used the same text and pictures from the previous auction.