Well, It Has Happened

bats1972

Reaction score
I know that you have no control over what people do with them and I know this has been said before but here it goes...

I just think it is wrong to make that large of an amount of money on such a personalized gift/favor. Does that make sense?

(Unless of coarse the seller turns around and buys you and your wife a really nice gift off the registry that you didn't get. LOL)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
It's a tough thing to determin what is right and wrong. Why? Because so many people have a different set of ethics. There is no universal ethical way of thinking. So yeah I understand and can respect people who think either way. My take is probably weird. When you give someone something it's theirs...any proprietary aspect is then out of your hands. So since they are now the owner they can do what they want.

Reminds me of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Ray gave Robert some money because Robert was having depression over his dwindling finances. Robert buys a trip to Vegas with the money because he knows that this is what he needs to pull him out of the depression and get him mentally back on track. Of course Ray is furious, but Robert doesn't understand because Ray GAVE him the money and now he can't wrap his mind around why now Ray should have any say about what he chooses to do with it.

It's a decent point, perhaps both sides of the coin are...

Ah, yeah, I get my moral values from sitcoms...

....help.....me....

BAZ

Reaction score
I've really wanted to get one of those sets, but that price is to high for me.

Seeing The Muppet Movie was the first date for my wife and I. Course she wasn't my wife then. When we got married, instead of the wedding march, she walked down the asile to Rainbow Connection. Wish we could have gotten a Muppets Wedding then, but that 22 years ago.

Oh well, keep crusing Ebay I guess.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
and be tempted to put theirs up now that the first volley has been fired so to speak.
d...d...did you say...."fired"? ACK! Travis, dont do it man, $315 isnt worth your job kiddo! ^_^

Yeah...that's the rub...obviously I have extra units, but I had promised Henson I would not put any on eBay.
Yeah, espcially when they need to take a Swiss bank loan just to order for donuts! Wonder how theyre holding up in that Central downtown employee breakroom? :wink:

By the way, who here thinks Statler and Waldorf should be sold as a two pack, now that youve seen how cool Palisades can put together a wedding set of two figures? I Saw we lobby for Statler and Waldorf to be a two pack, not individually carded!

beaker

Reaction score
Just had a thought...
Ken, go ahead and put those wedding sets on ebay...JHC didnt keep their word about promoting your figures!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Ken, go ahead and put those wedding sets on ebay...JHC didnt keep their word about promoting your figures!
***** !!!!! GO CORY !

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
***** !!!!! GO CORY !

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:
Thanks, but Im not kidding...think of how much business and sales JHC cost Palisades by not even having nay of the Muppets plug the line in 2002? Oh wow, a little mention on Hollywood Squares a couple weeks ago. A Shame.

Maybe Palisades could recoup some of the profit they lost due to JHC's inability to even plug or mention the line in all of last year.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Not trying to suck up, but the truth is Henson has gone above and beyond the call for us. They don't have to really promote the figures...you don't see Lucasfilm promoting the Hasbro figs...isn't how licensing works. But Henson has done a lot for us and deserves some credit for that.

beaker

Reaction score
Not trying to suck up, but the truth is Henson has gone above and beyond the call for us. They don't have to really promote the figures...you don't see Lucasfilm promoting the Hasbro figs...isn't how licensing works. But Henson has done a lot for us and deserves some credit for that.
Well, 1) the Lucas gestapo is a huge corporate entity, of which the HAsbro figures need zero plugs from them since Star Wars figures get into virtually every known retailer known to man.

2) Youd think in all of the 2002 calendar year, JHC could have mentioned *something* about the figures...Craig Kilborn, MAcy's Day Parade, all those Hollywood Sq's appearences last year, heck the Very Muppet Xmas MOVIE!(I mean NBC and every other corporate company attached whored all their cheap plugs...I saw a number of spots like Pepe and the mall model where it could have been mentioned)

3) Not one major retailer(as in MAJOR retailer) carries the Palisades line. TRU dont anymore. Target, Walmart, Kay Bee, FAO(from the looks of it now), etc...nope. such is why Palisades needs all the plugs it can get.

Besides the small obscure mall stores(Hot Topic, EB, Suncoast), and jacke dup price comic book stores it seems the Muppet line is MIA from most places one usually associates with buying figures from. The encomy is quite sluggish, and people are so picky with their wallet these days...so thats a big factor.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ken seems confident...I'll side with him.

It's not JHC's job to promote the line; and with all the lovin' it's getting from the toy collecting community, I'd rather have that on my side than the two measly pegs at TRU.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn