What became of syndication?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Same. A lot of us would agree with you, Will.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But apparently it is, considering more versions of it are being created--it seems--every single day.
Actually... the talk shows are dying. Oprah and stuff like that... and entertainment talk shows like Ellen are doing alright... but everyone else with a shred of integrity (a shred, mind you) got out of the business years ago. Jerry is camp value, no surprise there... it may be a terrible show, but at least it's notable. Maury is stinking up the joint like Rat Man, and he's only on cuz people are stupid enough to watch.

It's those minus minded Judge shows that make me angry.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
and he's only on cuz people are stupid enough to watch
Which shows one the state in which people have found themselves...all in a attempt to get some form of what they consider to be entertainment.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't like he whole ides of getting entertainment off of sombody else's misery. It's just a bit un-nerving to me...

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said... was there any call for The CWB or whatever they want to be called now to keep rerunning that unfunny, ham acted Reba sitcom? I can appreciate that they don't want to try to make money off a kid's afternoon line up... sure... but 2 episodes a day of failed, unfunny WB sitcoms? Who wants that at all?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That said... was there any call for The CWB or whatever they want to be called now to keep rerunning that unfunny, ham acted Reba sitcom? I can appreciate that they don't want to try to make money off a kid's afternoon line up... sure... but 2 episodes a day of failed, unfunny WB sitcoms? Who wants that at all?
I don't know. I feel much the same way about What I Like About you...:smirk: :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly... I'm like... Okay, why the shell are these shows on anyway? No one liked them the first time, why would anyone like them a hundred times over. It's like they don't even care outside of the context "We'll lose money if we show cartoons."

It wasn't even that bad when it was Er and 8 simple rules. 8 Simple Rules was a piece of crap, but at least E.R. has a large, respectable fanbase. Now it's just the graveyard for The WB's worst sitcoms.

Xerus

Reaction score
It does almost seem like the reason there are less cartoons on syndication is because they want kids to study more or go out and play.

I remember this classic Simpsons episode where the Itchy and Scratchy cartoons suddenly became nice and removed of all the violence and humor. Because the cartoons stopped being entertaining, all the kids decided to go out and play. There were kids everywhere riding their bikes, playing baseball, rolling hula hoops and painting fences.

But when Itchy and Scratchy started becoming funny again, kids went back to the TV sets and the parks and playgrounds became empty.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I can agree that playing outside is a good thing, but not at the expense of quality entertainment, too.