What became of syndication?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Forget that Silver lining jazz I was talking about earlier... that ^%ing Maury Povich got picked up for YET another season of doing the same crap over and over and having a career because of the uneducated welfare cheats that watch trash all day long. For the love of Pete, give it a rest Maury.... NO one should have a career doing what you're doing.

Personally, even I am sick of complaining. TV is a dying medium, and no one's doing a thing about it. They're not trying to be competitive unless it's somewhere where it doesn't count.

All syndication is good for is showing the same 5 infomercials over and over, corrupt money grubbing Judges that have the same personality and wisecrack the same wisecrack, and Maury Povich rotting like a corpse for another million years, when everyone else in the sleazy talk show business jumped ship years ago. Maybe the occasional TV rerun for a show that lasted 3 years, or a show that's only been on 3 years....

But you know what I'm glad about? The fact that the junk food commercials all but disappeared, and it magically made the current generation of self indulgent, lazy, fat kids thin.... Looks out window... OH, it didn't! I guess that praying off the uneducated with no life goals is a lot less immoral... like all those quick fix title loan commercials... oh yeah! That's not half as dangerous as a cartoon Cheetah selling fried corn lumps...

Thanks FCC!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. The FCC & ESRB--in other words, The Right to Censor of television & videogames--need to step back in time and look at how good their decisions were in comparison to the choices they've made recently (recently being ever since the 90's).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed. The FCC & ESRB--in other words, The Right to Censor of television & videogames--need to step back in time and look at how good their decisions were in comparison to the choices they've made recently (recently being ever since the 90's).

Censor Schmensor... it's all about the crappy "Pull the wool" over the public's eyes rulings that made Children's Television safe that was tacked on to a bill letting Rupert Murdoch and others buy up as many networks as they could. Considering Clinton helped the right controlled Congress that formulated it, by rubber stamping the bill... you'd think Fox News would have gone easier on him... :smirk:

But I totally give up. The educational TV thing has been just second thought lipservice so that these networks can keep their FCC license.

Hey, you really wanna protect your ankle biting, booger eating kids? Get Maury povich and Jerry Springer off the air... not old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No offense, but generations are getting stupider and stupider. I mean, our generation is now full of parents not ready for the job and as a result, their kids end up ankle-biting and booger-eating children with the possibility of growing up in a crappy economy that we--the taxpayers--ended up causing ourselves by helping to fund the greedy corporations through our taxes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No offense, but generations are getting stupider and stupider. I mean, our generation is now full of parents not ready for the job and as a result, their kids end up ankle-biting and booger-eating children with the possibility of growing up in a crappy economy that we--the taxpayers--ended up causing ourselves by helping to fund the greedy corporations through our taxes.

While there are a lot of people like that, the target audience of these shows are uneducated good for nothings. And personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing the worst of humanity on TV. I don't like censorship, and I think people should have artistic freedom... but as LONG as it's artistic and not smut for smut's sake. When has someone yelling at child molesters become a form of entertainment?

I believe in Jim Henson's philosophy... making people happy. And these shows don't do that. They feed off the pain and suffering off of others. I never watch something just to see people worse off than me. And if they are worse off, I wanna see them overcome their obstacles... and not with the help of pseudo-psychoanalysts that talk in southern accents...and are bald...and are named Dr. Phil....

On that subject, anyone else think the "Mega Moochers" episodes of his show are totally hypocritical, since he wouldn't be anywhere without mooching off of Oprah?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
While there are a lot of people like that, the target audience of these shows are uneducated good for nothings.
But they wouldn't be as such if society didn't shape them as such and if their parents actually did their jobs and raised them in a way that goes along with the quality aspects of society but denounces when society's gone too far.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Thank u thank u thank u for this thread , i have been thinking about this for a long time . i can remember the good old days in Jr high and high school , when on my hometown abc and fox stations , i would be comeing home from school a litttle early , than everyone else and we after home work , i would be watching re-runs of Little house on the Prairie and then at night before i went to sleep at 10:30 i would watch home inpovmet and then go to sleep home impovment is one of my most faverite of the sitcome comdies keke .

The one thing that really has made me so angery about all of this is the fact that as we have said afternoon great TV syndacation is GONE .

I also loved back then the good Full House re-runs , that was so good . One thing though that would be so great if they could get back to that again is the fact that there are poeple out there that can not affard the good DVDs that are with the shows and they could get the good quality entertament . One other thing though that really gets me down about the Juge shows that have taken over is the fact that it is just people fights and just is not really a good example for kids that run across this kind of crap .

There is one only "help talk shows " is that is the only thing i know to call them is Dr Phill i mean he really wants to help people .

Other than that is midless crap i mean ok oprah still does that some , but with some things that she has done latly in the public eye she really is not a good example for poeople right now but that is a whole other topic .

I wish they would put the Cosby show nation wide local stations and 7th Heaven to that is how i got intrested and able to see that great show . These shows that i am talking about why not have them on in afternoons when Kids are home from school and need a down break before or after home work .
Little House on the Praririe had the great values to .

I hope that some made sense of what i said keke .

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not just that, though... these shows cost pennies to produce.

And dispite the fact it feels like I'm out to get these people (the target audience) I ponder this question......

I have the misfortune every so often to catch them flipping around the channels... and I see the following advertisements:

"Fat? Depressed? Do you have some problem that could easily be solved if you work at it? Pop a pill! It'll solve all your problems."

"Do you want money? Lots of money? Then find a reason to sue someone! You may never have to work a day in your life at the expense of others!"

or following that concept:

"Do you need money now for some reason? Get a loan that has a cripplingly high interest rate from less than reputable dealers. We promise, your debt will increase to massive proportions, and you'll be out on the streets in NO TIME!

And we have people worried about kids programming advertising:

"Hungry? Eat something with sugar in it"

or

"Buy this toy. it'll be fun for a little while"

OOh! Watch out! You kid may have to excersize for an hour or something. And you'll pay 10 bucks and your kid will play with it twice. Those companies are EVIL.... not like the good ol' pharmaceutical companies, ambulance chasers, and loan sharks preying on people who watch Daytime TV...