What became of syndication?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Everybody has a bit of a dark side to them, you know. For instance, though we fans know that the show is coreographed and staged, we still like to see Undertaker sacrificing people & Kane setting people ablaze, because of the mere fact that it--for some reason--is entertaining, just as it is fun to see the evil leaders of a multi-billion dollar company get what's coming to them, whether it be a "stunning" surprise or not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I'm just saying there are things to advertise that are more dangerous that corn syrup laden drinks and cookies shaped like Spongebob. But hey, shield the children from one tiny portion of the problems of this planet, and let everyone else run wild. That's what I say... :rolleyes:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Everybody has their faults. For some, having it all available from the start makes it less special, whereas not having something just causes kids to want said something more, but yet, for others, the opposite is true in that with-holding specific things gives children the concept of self-control when those things do become available.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Whilst true, whose generation is eating up the drivel corporations make?
I don't know? I mean I watched stuff that I would never think about watching now. Not every kid is a fan of what being marketed to them or eating up the drivel and kids do grow up out of stuff they liked oe watched when they were younger.

Personally, I'm just saying there are things to advertise that are more dangerous that corn syrup laden drinks and cookies shaped like Spongebob. But hey, shield the children from one tiny portion of the problems of this planet, and let everyone else run wild. That's what I say... :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's not health to shield kids from everyhting that is a little bad and sugar is not even that bad, Anything is bad when not in moderation.

I like the Television advertisements on TV now about sugar. There are two of them availible here. It's good to see the sugar industry fighting back.

http://www.sweetsurprise.com/

And about daytime TV. I don't know if they are just exploiting people or if people want to be exploited just to get on TV. But I think it is a combination of the two.:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It definately is both. Companies dare to exploit & people want to be exploited to be the center of attention.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It definately is both. Companies dare to exploit & people want to be exploited to be the center of attention.
I just can't believe that that everybody in the wold has the same five problems over and over again (Ricky Lake). I mean where do they find these people? How can they not know what's coming to them?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just can't believe that that everybody in the wold has the same five problems over and over again (Ricky Lake). I mean where do they find these people? How can they not know what's coming to them?
All I can say is, if that's a form of entertainment, I might as well flush my pencils and pens down the loo right now.

I have no problems against talk shows that tackle tough subjects. Heck, Montel Whazzizname did that every so often. And as for Jerry Springer... I hate him and his supid lacky that has his own show... but Jerry has a campiness to his sleeze.... Maury's just a rotting corpse finding the same backwater people with shakey morals... you want to keep the kid, that's fine... but if your that moral, you shouldn't have that many partners.

Plus, that crap's on, like, twice a day in my area.....