1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What Sketches Made You Laugh?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Kuriboh Man, Sep 19, 2008.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

There was one with telly where guess he's gonna put on a play with some of the other SS Muppets and he's up in arms because he would be distracted from his worries. Remember this was back in the 80's when he was known for his worrying.

After claiming this to David and walks away, David looks towards the camera saying, I can't belive it. He worried about being worried.

Now how silly is that?
  2. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

the two-headed monster always made me laugh, and the one i remember most from growing up was when they went shoe shopping, esp. richard's side's "ooleh mooleh mooleh" and jerry's side calling him a bimbo.

and in christmas eve on sesame street, when cookie eats the phone, i always laughed when he said "choc-o-late fudge covered cupp-ie-cakes" and then when he looked at the phone cord coming out of his mouth. :insatiable: frank has such brilliant comedic timing--it was after my childhood, but one of my favorites now is adding, adding, adding, because of bert's geeky sarcasm, mild disbelief, and growing frustration. :( why zydeco?
  3. Soul H

Soul H New Member

Another sketch that always kills me is when Cookie Monster puts on an overly-melodramatic scene. Like when he and Prairie Dawn were talking about the first cookie and the last cookie and Cookie Monster thought it was the last cookie...FOREVER!
  4. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

over-dramatic cookie is hilarious! like the mystery box one with kermit: "frog...you know, life--life not always guessing games, frog, sometimes, we have to care about friends"
  5. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Most Ernie and Bert sketches. I like the kind of things Bert likes but I'm playful and random sometimes (I guess if you're consistently random, you're no longer random?) like Ernie.

Having worked in food service I have a better appreciation for Waiter Grover sketches.

And Super Grover ones always crack me up.
  6. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

What do you mean by that?
  7. trtlvr67

trtlvr67 New Member

2 2 2 Let's sing a song about 2

How many is two? Then it shows the kids w/ 2 ice creams...and so on...THEN the guy has 2 pies and falls down. I thought that was the funniest thing I ever saw when I was a kid.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

It means I like reading and watching fish and such, but sometimes I get in a really silly playful mood.
  9. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Now here's one that's hilarious:

How about an "Elmo's World" episode about Fast & slow! If any of you saw this, you might think that it wasn't funny, but it was to me!
  10. Grundgetta2800

Grundgetta2800 New Member

I like all the Fat Blue and Grover skits from Charlie's Restaurant. Fat Blue is like the typical rude demanading customer who just keeps returning. Meanwhile, Grover, just irritates him more and more till the climax. Something odd that I found, however, was that in every skit except Alphabet soup Fat Blue Faints at the end. WIth Alphabet soup its Grover who faints. Does anyone know if this was the first Charlie's Restaurant skit?
  11. Grundgetta2800

IDK about that one... But do you remember loud and quiet with :)Kermit "MR. Green Frog! Mr.Green Frog!" and "Mr. Green frog hurt Elmo's feelings" I laughed, because it reminded me of my sometimes manic husband.
  12. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

i seem to remember laughing at a scene with oscar and danny devito standing on a sidewalk unable to get a cab, and devito yelling at a passing driver "who do you think you are, mario andretti?"

it was one of those many times when the reference was for the grownups and i didn't get it, but dad laughed, so i asked him why it was funny and he explained it to me, and as soon as i was in on the joke the grownups were laughing at, it became the funniest thing in the world to me.
  13. Grundgetta2800

That baker scene used to upset me, because I thought it was a waste of good pies... Now its funny to me.
  14. Grundgetta2800

Was that the same skit where Oscar and Danny Devito try to out laugh each other?:grouchy:
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the U for Uniform animated sketch? That guy's voice just cracks me the heck up... and now that I've seen it again, he sounds like Herbert from Family Guy.

And how he says, "Baseball Uniform! Band Uniform! Football Uniform!" in sort of a weird rhythm... that kills me. I don;t think they intentionally made it that funny.
  16. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

no, that one is on youtube and it doesn't have the line. and i specifically remember the line because i remember that's how i learned andretti was a racecar driver and devito played a grouchy guy on taxi. but it might have been from the same episode. it's on the same theme of bonding over grouchiness--they were taking turns yelling at cabs that wouldn't stop (but they weren't even trying to hail them, they just enjoyed insulting them). in my head i seem to think it wasn't at oscar's usual spot, but more like the set where they came out of the subway in the christmas eve on ss, but i could be wrong about that.
  17. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

LOL! He does sound like Herbet, but he isn't really the best person to teach children something is he now...
  18. Grundgetta2800

Yeah sometimes those oldies are hard to remember... Did you know that Oscar was based on a cab driver? Carroll Spinney got the idea after riding in a new york cab with this grouchy cab driver. Danny Devito plays an excellent grouch himself, but I think Oscar takes the cake, in the end :grouchy:
  19. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Sesame Street has sure gave us something to smile at over the years.
  20. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

True, dat. The other day on PWMS, Ernie called Bert yellow and Bert says something like, "I'm actually GOLDEN" lol!