What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are the newest DVDs i bought;

Mr. Ed: The Complete First Season (Three words Nick at Nite Can't get enough of B&W shows back in 60s)

Mad Monster Party: Special Edition (I said in one of my post that i would later buy this one. I love any Stop Motion Animation)

Scooby Doo: The Mystery Begins (Really enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job but that's just my opinion)

The Gate: Special Edition (This was one of the scary movies that i had nightmares about. Ohhhh did this give me nightmares. But my sister wanted me to watch it as a kid. It still has it's parts but it was one of those kind that were kinda ment for kids a little older then 10)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Scooby Doo: The Mystery Begins (Really enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job but that's just my opinion)
I rented this one myself and yes- it was actually a VAST improvement over the first two theatrical movies. I really enjoyed it pretty well. Honestly, I hated what was done to the cartoon in the first movie [particularly with Scrappy Doo- that was just wrong.] The second movie was a bit more tolerable- I enjoyed seeing the live action version of all those classic villians.
But there was still stuff in that one I didn't like either.
This new movie was a lot more respectful of and faithful to the Scooby Doo cartoons. And I love the bit at the end with the live action enactment of opening credit scenes!:smile:

muppets2

Reaction score
I rented this one myself and yes- it was actually a VAST improvement over the first two theatrical movies. I really enjoyed it pretty well. Honestly, I hated what was done to the cartoon in the first movie [particularly with Scrappy Doo- that was just wrong.] The second movie was a bit more tolerable- I enjoyed seeing the live action version of all those classic villians.
But there was still stuff in that one I didn't like either.
This new movie was a lot more respectful of and faithful to the Scooby Doo cartoons. And I love the bit at the end with the live action enactment of opening credit scenes!:smile:
i agree but there is a thread about this movie in general disscusion

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, okay- sorry, didn't mean to get off track. I'll jump this to the other thread then.:coy:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The Tigger Movie 10th Anniversary Edition (I don't really have a reason why!)

Hocus Pocus because I think it's a great movie and was tired of fast-forwarding on my taped copy.

Short Circuit 2 because I saw and loved the first one and Meijer (I LOVE Meijer) had it for four and a half bucks.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well since the last time I posted here, I bought a few DVDs.

Mickey's Christmas Carol-I wanted the newer DVD and traded in my older one, if for no other reason just to get the DMR points. It's part of the Walt Disney Animation short films collection, it's volume 7.

Betty Boop for president the movie- I just wanted some Betty Boop in my classic animation DVD collection, but this was a bad choice. It has no ties to the 1932 Betty Boop cartoon of the same name. It's actually a pretty poorly edited compilation of Betty Boop cartoons. It was only five bucks, but now I wish I kept the five bucks. I wish Lionsgate (whom from what I understand owns the rights to release Betty Boop for home video release) would just release a chological order set of Boop cartoons, I think most fans of classic animation would really enjoy it.

Porco Russo- I don't know too much about the work of Hayao Miyazaki, but I want to find out more and see more of his movies. I found this at the mostly used DVD store I've been going to a lot to buy DVDs as of late I saw they had this for $16.99 and at first I really didn't want to spend that money. Finally I figured "why not" and just spend the money. When I went up to check out, the guy rang it up and told me that will be $5.36! I couldn't believe it, I only paid a little over 5 bucks for this DVD. Totally worth it since I've read this is a really good movie and it's a two disc set. I wacth some of it today and it's looks amazing. It almost like evening it out for spending the five bucks for the lousy Betty Boop DVD.

Quesal

Reaction score
I was out at a Target store with my gf and saw "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa"
and had the cash to buy it. So I got it, my gf got a body pillow for herself and when we went thro the cash register, she bought the DVD for me! I was ready to buy it myself, but that sweet pea I've been dating! lol I returned the favor later by buying her dinner.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just picked up "Without You I'm Nothing" after seeing Sandra Bernhard last week. She hits my funny button and scares me all at the same time. :flirt::eek:

Erine81981

Reaction score
A few days ago i bought some new DVDs as well as seeing a certain movie that scared the bejeebies out of me and my friend.

Elmo's Animal Adventures (Ok i guess. It looked liked most of the storylines were going to be used in the new season. They were still pretty cool tho. My favorite one was the last one where Elmo and Chris goes camping)

Unaccompanied Minors (Had rented it when it first had came out and really thought it was pretty funny. Love the scene with the canoe. I know my necies loved it. They kept laughing at the one kid with the Aquaman action figure. So i figured i would buy it. Found it at Hastings used for only 7.99. Was still in good shape too)

The Complete Adventure of Plastic Man (Knew that Ruby Spears had worked with Hanna Barbera and stuff so i figured i would get it. I thought i was going to have all the other shows with it but it didn't. But its still alright to pop in and watch)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (My friend had never seen this and i had only seen bits and pieces. So i bought it seeing the curnt one out had some awsome features. Me and my friend really thought it was good but pretty disturbing too)

The Peanuts 1970's Collection Vol. 1 (I knew this was coming out but forgot to see what day. Most of the time i put it up on my calender so i'll remember to buy the certain ones i want. Good sound and pictures too. Watched only the ones i hadn't seen (being the ones not on DVDs) Good features and all. I wonder is Kevin (Fozzie Bear) getting any of these DVDs? LOL