1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What was the last Henson thing you watched?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by LouisTheOtter, Apr 6, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. WhiteLion

WhiteLion New Member

I watched the pitch reel for the Jim Henson Hour on youtube. YT is a Muppet goldmine. They have almost everything except super obscure stuff like The Ghost of Faffner Hall.
  2. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I watched The Muppets go to Walt Disney World last night. That was fun. Hard to believe that Ice Cream was only 1.50 there, ever? Also took a little time to get use to my brain seeing them jump one park in one minute and to another the next. Lastly, wow I didn't know Clifford was around when Jim Henson was alive? I thought he was one of the newbies after?
  3. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

That interview of Jim Henson on Arsenio Hall. Pinkflower : I saw your comments btw.
  4. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

I just watched The Muppets on Blu Ray.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

6. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

The Muppet Babies episode called " Whose Tale is it, Anyway ". Had to see the one with Janice in it. Too bad she was only in one episode. She would had made a great addition.
  7. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Also from last night I watched some episodes of the first season of The Muppet Show. I watched the ones with: Candice Bergen, Avery Schreiber, Ben Vereen, & Phyllis Diller.

I thought Avery Schreiber did really well with the show. I wanted to add him as one of my favorites to the favorite guest thread. I loved that sketch with him and Sweetum. :)

But what is also stuck in my head is that "Hugga Wugga" song from the Phyllis Diller episode.

8. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

For the past two weeks, my mom's friend and her daughter have been staying with us, and the daughter happens to be a Muppet fan. So while they've been here, we've watched two episodes from Season Two of The Muppet Show, Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets Take Manhattan. You should have heard the commentary that went on while we were watching MTM last night. It mostly included pointing out nearly every other time Gonzo or Fozzie appeared on screen, mock crying during the song Saying Goodbye, applauding and cheering for Kermit when he told New York that he was "going to get them back," and making fun of the way the frogs talked. :)
  9. Yuna Leonhart

I just watched The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper and had a terrific time :)
    Hayley B likes this.
  10. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

11. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Due to being very hot in the State of Delaware and the a/c isn't working too well in the house. I've been watching alot of Muppet stuff throughout the day in the basement.

I watched " Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" again.

Then I watched The Muppet Show. It was the ones wtih Alice Cooper, Loretta Lynn, & Liberace.

I've seen the Alice Cooper & Liberace ones before. Loretta Lynn I didn't and thought that was so interesting. That the Muppet Theater had to be "fumigated". So they had to do a show at a train station.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Gonzo- Gonna take a sentimental journey
    Kermit- I don't believe this he's gonna sing? LOL!
    Hayley B likes this.
  13. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I am watching Dark Crystal.
  14. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Muppets from Space - for the first time.
  15. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

how did you like it?
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Pretty funny. Better then the parodies atleast, Imo. Miss Piggy sure went on a karate chop spree in this one. Also wow, a woman finally fell for Animal.

Happy that this one had plenty of Animal . That's alot of reason why I refuse to buy Muppet Treasure Island. I thought about waiting and just read what others thought on Muppet Central first before buying. But then again it was like... eh? It's only $5.00 and it has Animal on the DVD. So I took a gamble and it is a little enjoyable.
  17. Pinkflower7783

My feelings about MFS will remain to myself. Lol!
    heralde and Lola p like this.
  18. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I agree.
  19. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Now, I'm wonder if there is a thread about MFS. I'm curious to the ones that shared their thoughts.

Edit: Found one thread. Now I understand. :p
  20. Yuna Leonhart

I watched The Great Muppet Caper with my mother in German. I didn't like the German voices and I was unhappy they left out the song Night Life. Instead they had Animal saying "love song" over and over again during this scene. But I like it how they translated the line "we're gonna catch the thief red-handed." "what color are their hands now?". The thing with color wouldn't have worked in German, so they translated it as this:
    "We're gonna catch the thief red-handed." ---> "We're gonna catch the thief with the hands in the cookie jar."
    "What color are their hands now?" ---> "And if they don't want anything sweet?" (when Kermit visits Miss Piggy in jail) or "Where's the cookie jar?" (Beauregard when they're about to catch the thief in the Mallory Gallery)