What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... What would I advise you...
That fifth villain for Muppets/Spidey 2/3? Drop it, unless you as the author absolutely want to have it included.

Labyrinth/Ghost Rider/Blade...
If American Dragon has a pivotal role, keep it.
If you want to include Danny Phantom because of your sense of giving it a fitting farewell, keep it.
Drop Juniper Lee.

Basically, what it comes down to in my advice is... When choosing all these different franchises to cram into one story, make sure the ones you're choosing are the ones you want and will have important if not an OK role in the overall story.
Don't choose to include so many franchises that you'll end up with far too much on your plate so to speak.

Just some suggestions, though you've done hexcellently so far and I look forward to your future crossover accounts of Marvel/DC/Muppetdom.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Now that'd be some crossover if I combine both "Sesame, DC" and "MARVELOUS Muppets" together. It would be like morphing the "Secret Wars" with "Infinite Crisis".:big_grin:

As for dropping Juniper Lee from the Labyrinth/Blade/Ghost Rider story, I can do that, because this story will just be the third in a trilogy I have set for the Labyrinth/Blade crossover. I only added Danny Phantom because February will be his last month on Nick and I believe the characters will have perfect connections with Johnny Blade/Ghost Rider. But I will have Juniper and friends join Jake, Sarah, Uncle Deadly, and others in the stories that'll take place before this one.

But if you're worried about the number of franchises I include in the stories, don't worry, because I've done a story in the past that had characters from several different franchises, and I was able to give each of them pivotal roles in the story. I'm really careful on the additional franchises that I choose. If I see a program with a plot that I feel would go great with a story I'm writing, then I'll add it. Though it would really have to capture my interest for me to add it to my story.

Also, I was going to have the fifth Muppet villain be from one of the Muppet movies, but I'm thinking of having it be from one of the fanfics here on Muppet Central. I just need the author's permission to include that character into the stories.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Lemme see...
1 Meant the totality of your crossovers with the Muppets in both Marvel and DC realms.
Though something that encompassed them all, along with the various franchises from ToonDisney, Jettix, and Cartoon Network was what I was eyeballing with my Muppety KH comment.
Might visit that myself, not sure if it'll get encorporated within what I want to do regarding my pet projects.

2 Not worried about the amount of franchises you actually include in the story... Just a bit of friendly advice not to overload the plate when brainstorming ideas or initial storylines.

3 Just talk to the fanfic author, they might be willing if you explain it to them.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Heh... Lemme see...
1 Meant the totality of your crossovers with the Muppets in both Marvel and DC realms.
Though something that encompassed them all, along with the various franchises from ToonDisney, Jettix, and Cartoon Network was what I was eyeballing with my Muppety KH comment.
Might visit that myself, not sure if it'll get encorporated within what I want to do regarding my pet projects.
That still would be an interesting "crossover within a crossover" type of story, if not colossal. It'd definitely take two people to write it, so if you are thinking of taking on that kind of a project, LMK, because I want in on it.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If I ever decide to go down that road, you're definitely on my writing team. Something on the scale of Kingdom Hearts, melding the Muppet realms and the Marvel/DC worlds, along with the added franchises.

BTW: So youz knows...
Jackie Chan Adventures will be brought back, premiering on ToonDisney's Jettix on 9/5.
Thing is... Dug Jackie Chan, though I have my anx with it.
But why bring that back when they have another series they'll debut that's basically the same but better?
I'm talking about Legend of the Dragon, which'll be centered around the talismans/powerbands representing the animals of the Chinese zodiac.

Also, seems they're going a bit Chinese/oriental this coming fall season, what with Jackie Chan, Legend of the Dragon, and the other new series Yin-Yang-Yo. about the bunny brother and sister hero team.

Hope this helps.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'd surprisingly found Yin-Yang-Yo! entertaining when I watched it this past Saturday on Jetix's last Saturday Morning broadcast on ABC Family. A lot of animated programs on television nowadays deal with Japanese/Chinese storylines, especially Nickelodeon's popular Anime-inspired show, Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is turning into one of my favorite programs.

I can't wait 'til Jackie Chan Adventures returns to television. The people at Jetix are my heroes now.:smile:

-------------------

I just want to give this update before I go to my last class for the day, regarding the Labyrinth/Blade/Ghost Rider crossover.

The story will cross the events that took place in Blade: Trinity and the ones that are taking place in Blade: The Series. I'll bring in characters like Drake (a.k.a. "Dracula"), Krista Starr (the human character from the series that's now a vampire), Hannibal King (one of the original Nightstalkers from the comics and the character that Ryan Reynolds made famous in the movie), Abigail Whistler (Abraham Whistler's daughter), Marcus Van Sciver (the series villain), Chase (Sciver's acolyte and henchwoman), and Shen (Blade's helper who I believe will have a perfect connection to Jake Long--not just because he's Asian).

That's all for now. Gotta go.:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I'm looking forward to seeing Yin-Yang-Yo next week. Didn't get to watch the whole show on Sunday. The inserts they've been doing are quite funny, the only one I haven't seen entirely is the American Idol parody.
Also looking forward to WB and Fox Kids/Four Kids since those are my main Saturday morning stops now.

Let's see... Shows I'm looking forward to.
The Batman whatever season this'll be, they're bringing in Robin of course, just want to see how the show progresses given I think it's a mistake to bring in Robin when there was a sort of shortage for the latter half of the season where they could've made Batgirl a bit more prominent. They'd better bring in Two-Face and other villains that are still missing though.

Lunatics Season 2. This is the one with the superhero versions of Looney Toon characters. Others may pan it, but I actually enjoy it.

Winks Club Season 3. You may find it a sort of parallel to W.I.T.C.H., but I like both shows, especially how all the characters connect within the groups they formed.

Pokemon, whatever new name they give it. Always look forward to the gym battles the most.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Generation X Season 2.
This is actually Season 7, because this series connects/plugs directly after the original series.
But it'd truthfully be Season 8, since what would be the Season 1 episodes of the original series were never aired on WB.
This one's already started on Cartoon Network, looking forward to the repeats since I'm in class when it's aired.

Yu-Gi-Oh Capture Monsters, the new series on Fox.

Zach Bell, whenever they bring it back into the Toonami lineup.

That's all I got for now, have a great day.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
That news about Robin being in Season 4 is a surprise. But here's a bigger one: Brandon Routh (the new Superman) will be providing the voice of one of the new villains in the season (a guy named "Everywhere Man")! Not only that, but I read that there's going to be a "flash forward" episode, in which we see Robin as Nightwing and Batman drives the tank-like Batmobile from Batman Begins. Harely Quinn, The Martian Manhunter, and the Flash are supposed to be appearing also.

Jetix may be off ABC Family's Saturday Morning lineup; but it looks like Saturday Morning cartoons are still alive on the new CW network.:smile:

------------------

Here's another "MM" update:

I contacted Ryan (a.k.a. "theprawncracker") and asked him if I could bring a few of the characters from his recent fanfic into some upcoming "MARVELOUS Muppets" stories. Well, he allowed me to use Butch and Clyde for the sequel to the recent F4/Muppets story, in which they'll be working as C.O.V.N.E.T. agents again. I just couldn't get enough of those guys in "Old Friends Who've Just Met", so I'm bringing them into the "MM" universe.

However, due to the unforunate (Oops! Did I say "unfortunate"? My bad!:embarrassed:) death of Exod in the story (and might I add that it was one MARVELOUS death), I cannot have the monster from Exodia be the fifth villain in my upcoming Spidey/Muppet stories. Though that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a fifth villain. In fact, because Butch and Clyde will be added to the "MM" universe, that means C.O.V.N.E.T. has now become a vital organization in the series continuity, right next to S.H.I.E.L.D.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that C.O.V.N.E.T. is now the fifth villain in the upcoming Spidey/Muppet stories. They won't technically be a villain to the Muppets, much like they were in MFS, but they will be one to the symbiote-powered Spidey and the characters from the "mysterious fourth franchise" (which I've now decided to reveal after the release of the new Spider-Man 3 trailer this fall).

So, here's how the list stands for our five Muppet villains:

1) ???????
2) Professor Krassman
3) Nick Holiday
4) Rachel Bitterman
5) C.O.V.N.E.T.

I think some of you may already have an idea who the number one villain will be.:smile:

Also, on an update regarding the Labyrinth/Blade/Ghost Rider story, it seems that Death is a character that is used a lot, and since Uncle Deadly has such strong relations to him, I'm making Death a vital character in this particular tale (uppercase letters and all).

I guess that's all I've got for today. Tune in for more, because I'm always coming up with new ideas every day, and I'll be noting them down on this thread to keep up with myself.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good thing... Using this thread to jot down your initial ideas. Got a file like that with all the creatures and monsters I want to work with, and hopefully will start to once again, where I write down names of new ones I find or come up with.

Harley Quinn?!? Yaey! Now I have some faith for The Batman Season 4.
Advancing this new Robin to the point where he's Nightwing... *Sigh, predictable. I'm pretty much jaded on the inclusion of Robin nowadays, since they messed up the continuity between the classic WB animated series and Teen Titans.
Everywhere Man, never heard of him... Though he sounds kind of like Peak from Batman Beyond.

Regarding the Reaper, are you going to go with his characterization from our stories? Or from Grim Adventures?
BTW: You might get a nice little kick out of his recent appearance in my almost-finished second story, MFG.

Have a great night MW.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Regarding the Reaper, are you going to go with his characterization from our stories? Or from Grim Adventures?
BTW: You might get a nice little kick out of his recent appearance in my almost-finished second story, MFG.
I'm not certain right now what characterization I'll go with. I'm familiar with both of them (Grim and the MC Reaper). I'll probably go with the MC version, since I'd already included Renee's "Sadie" characters into the universe and will soon add PC's "Butch and Clyde" characters as well.

I'll definitely be using Grim in the Sesame Street/Batman story that I'll do for "Sesame, DC" sometime in the future. So, I guess I'll leave that version of the Reaper in that series, and use the MC version for the Labyrinth/Blade/Ghost Rider story.

And I can't wait to see what you got up your sleeve, Count.:smile: