What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... The clocks and calendars are counting down to the release of Ghost Rider in February first, then Spidey 3 in May. And a ton of other movies from there on out. But whatever you have up your sleeves for the various crossovers, I'm relishing the stories that've sprung here as you've become a true MC fanfic auteur.
Yeah, speaking of Ghost Rider, you all can also start counting down to my crossover for it, featuring characters from Labyrinth, Jake Long, Danny Phantom, and--now that I've changed my mind--Juniper Lee.

The Count said:
BTW: Ben Ten started airing new episodes today, no W.I.T.C.H. this week as there's a Jackie Chan marathon, and I'm caught up with Yugio Capsule Monsters as it ended today along with Winks Club which heads into a brief December-long hiatus.
Recorded this morning's episode of Ben 10, and the best thing I loved about that episode was how Tara Strong voiced both Adult Gwen and Ben, while the actor that voices Cannonball did Adult Ben.

I was a little upset that they replaced W.I.T.C.H. with Jackie Chan for the morning, because I'm curious to know how the season ends. But, what the heck...Jackie rocks!:smile:

The Count said:
LMK if you need help with other franchises' happenings like Rotwood now knowing who/what Jake Long is or the potential return of the Skeleton King as Mandarin and Belina collect and connect all the pieces.
Jake's professor knows who/what he is? Man! I really need to start catching up with the eps, if I want to be ready for the Blade/Labyrinth trilogy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... But Rotwood's not only his professor... I'm sure you already got the Season 2 episode where he was chasing after the kelpie (which was a creature the writers of the show mishandled) where Principal Dorsetto is a mermaid law enforcement agent working undercover trying to get leads on the kelpie to capture it herself as well. Rotwood was then promoted to principal after she left, or was reassigned to another post. Then, in the most recent episode, Jake changes one line in a speech Rotwood was giving making him look like a fool to the point he got fired. This prompted the board to bring in Sigmund Brock. Brock developed his own formula, called brockium, which will instantly make a dragon in disguise revert to his fearsome form revealing who his secret identity is/was. Through a few schemed plans that fail, Rotwood and the kids set up to get Brock fired as well... To their surprise Rotwood betrays them and then reveals the dragon to be... Spud.
False alarm to everybody of course, but they get Brock fired when the parents at the conference get upset at how Brock treats Spud. Rotwood then comes to congratulate the kids on their team-up, spilling the last drop of brockium on Jake's hands.

Rotwood: "I always thought you were ze dragon, and someday I vill expose you. But for now, I have a school to run. Ta."
And with that chilling remark, he simply walks away satisfied with himself.

Hope this helps, have a good weekend.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Man! And people at first thought the second season wasn't going to be all that good, with the animation changing and everything.:smile:

~~~~~~~~~~

As I said a while back, 2007 is without a doubt going to be the wildest year for "The MARVELOUS Muppets". This year seemed to have been just the beginning, with Scooter finding out The Invincible Iron Man is his "father", the Fraggles of Fraggle Rock becoming honorary members of the X-Men, Bunsen and Beaker now the additional members of the Fantastic Four, and Mickey Mouse and Kim Possible partnering up with The Amazing Spider-Man.

But what about next year? What marvels await our heroes and villains?

Well, here's what I have planned so far:

The Blade/Labyrinth Trilogy: For the "premiere" of The MARVELOUS Storyteller, a "spin-off series", three stories will be told (possibly out of order) that'll deal with the mystery of Jareth the Goblin King and thirst for bringing Sarah and Toby back into the Labyrinth, while avoiding the Daywalker himself, Blade (who Sarah and friends have formed an alliance with). The third story, which will deal with Jareth reforming his old alliance with Mephisto and Blackheart (in order to control the unearthly force that calls himself "Ghost Rider"), may be told first, due to the release of Ghost Rider in February. As I've mentioned in previous posts, these stories will feature characters from Jake Long, Danny Phantom (third story only), and Juniper Lee, who will each be Nightstalkers, along with Uncle Deadley and the Labyrinth characters.

The Silver Crystal: In my version to Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, not only will Galactus and the Silver Surfer be involved, but characters from both The Dark Crystal and Farscape will be in it as well. From where we left off in the first story, it seems that Mulch and Dr. Phil van Neuter are relentless in regaining their brief powers, but need Dr. Doom's help, while the W.I.T.C.H. girls receive messages from Caleb about visitors from a planet called Thra, warning about the "Coming of Galactus." Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four (plus Bunsen and Beaker) are in for the surprise of their lives, as a missing astronaut named John Crition returns to Earth...but not alone.

Mayhem, Justice, and Punishment: When the Electric Mayhem have the greatest performance of their career in Madison Square Garden, an explosion occurs afterwards, leading police to assume them as the suspects, after using the words "blow" and "atom bomb" in the lyrics. What the law doesn't realize is that Wilson "Kingpin" Fisk and Howard Saint have joined forces to commit the murder of two rival businessmen, with help from mad Muppet bomber, Crazy Harry. With help from the Mayhem's lawyer, Matt Murdock (a.k.a. "Daredevil"), and NYPD detective, Elisa Maza (from Disney's Gargoyles), the music performers must clear their name, at the same time they avoid Frank Castle (a.k.a. "The Punisher"), who assumes that they have a secret partnership with Saint and Fisk.

The Spectacular: When Nick Holiday and his henchwomen (Marla, Darla, and Carla) escape from prison, at the same time the nefarious Shego (who's out to finish what she began with Kim Possible in the second story) does, they couldn't have done so at a worse time, seeing as how Flint Marko (an old associate of Holiday's) has escaped from prison as well. And just as they all decide to form an alliance, Marko gets caught up in an invention developed by Professor Krassman that turns him into Sandman. Witnessing Marko's transformation gives Holiday the idea to transform everyone (except for Shego) into powerful versions of themselves, with Krassman's assistance. And while Holiday and Shego try to get revenge on the Muppets and Kim Possible, Spider-Man gets his own revenge on the man who murdered his uncle, the Sandman himself, Flint Marko. Meanwhile, Rachel Bitterman continues the ruin the lives of the Muppets, even during the success of their returning Mahattan Melodies show on Broadway. And K. Edgar Singer makes a surprising return to Earth that leads to an unfortunate return to C.O.V.N.E.T., after losing his memory, just as the organization uncovers three cosmic phenomenons: the arrival of a huge crystal, an "alien life force" that John Jameson brought to Earth with him, and the discovery of the Omnitrix (a device that rests literally in the hands of Ben Tennyson, grandson of former C.O.V.N.E.T. ally, Max Tennyson). Promising to be next year's biggest "MARVELOUS Muppets" story, the third Spidey/Muppets tale will be the one story that'll truly change the series, with appearances by the Thomas siblings, characters from Bear in the Big Blue House and Sesame Street, and even the cast of The Electric Company.

So these are the plans for "The MARVELOUS Muppets" in 2007. The mystery of Scooter Grosse and The Invincible Iron Man may have to be resolved in 2008, just in time for the mechanical hero's movie to be released, with "Avengers/Muppets" tales to go with it.

Hope you'll be ready by then, True Believers.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
One more thing I should mention about the secondary franchises in Spidey/Muppets 3...the list has changed and even extended again, and I think I'll stick with this decision 'til Spider-Man 3 comes out:

1) Lilo and Stitch
2) Kim Possible
3) Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
4) Ben 10
5) Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
6) DuckTales/Darkwing Duck

I think Chip 'n' Dale will work better in the third Spidey/Muppets story than in the Electric Mayhem/Daredevil/Punisher one, because I think their assistance will be needed if Marko, Holiday, and Shego are escaping from prison. And I just like the episode of Lilo & Stitch: The Series that teamed them up with Kim Possible, which is why I'm bringing their characters in. They'll especially be useful once the symbiote gets on Spidey, and a new "Web of Heroes" team will have to be formed. And DuckTales and Darkwing Duck characters share a spot in the list, because I'm using them for the Harry Osborn/Green Goblin II plotline from the movie.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I've been doing a little bit of thinking, and I realized how interesting it would be to include short stories in between the big ones that I'll be writing next year for "MARVELOUS". So, starting early January, I'm going to introduce the "MARVELOUS Mini's", a collection of short "MARVELOUS Muppets" tales that'll tie in with the events of 2007's "MM" stories.

The first one I think I'll work on, after I've completed the SS/Batman Begins story, will be a story that might just set the stage for the second F4/Muppets story, featuring the Silver Surfer himself, Caleb and Blunk from W.I.T.C.H., characters from The Dark Crystal, and characters from the one franchise that'll be introduced for the first time in the story, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

~~~~~~~~~~

And speaking of the second F4/Muppets story, I know this news doesn't really pertain to the story itself, but the concept was mentioned at the end of the first one if you all remember.

The Fantasticar has finally been revealed, and it is MARVELOUS!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/f4movies/310641688/

Looks like Bunsen Honeydew's dream has become a reality.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds great MW. Sent you my thoughts... If you're gonna go through with these Marvelous Minis, I'd suggest you stick to the essential characters you want in the story, saving the full gammet of characters from the various franchises for the full blown-out crossover movie treatments.
Hope this helps, have a good day buddy.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Count.:smile:

I might start the "Mini" series sooner than I thought, because I feel the need to write somewhat of a short holiday story that's set in the "MARVELOUS" universe. I think it would be good for us all to see how exactly the Manhattan Melodies reunion turns out, especially with the Muppets having to pay off that foreclosure on the Happiness Hotel by this Christmas. It would also be a good way to introduce the "MARVELOUS Mini's" series.

And after that, I promise you all (Count especially) that I'll complete the SS/Batman Begins story.:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, only one thing to say to that... Spider-Friends, Let's go for it!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, I know everyone enjoyed my MARVELOUS Christmas tale, and I wish the holiday could last longer, so I could write more of them. But time's moving on quick and the new year is approaching, meaning there's new stuff to come.:smile:

Speaking of New Year's, I'll be writing another "MARVELOUS Mini" story by New Year's Day, dealing with the arrival of the Silver Surfer and the Gelflings from The Dark Crystal, Jen and Kira, as they all end up on Meridian. The story will be set on New Year's to tie-in with the beginning of "The MARVELOUS Muppets" in 2007.

Also...regarding Spidey/Muppets 3....

There'll be four classic Spider-Man characters appearing in the tale, along with the Sandman and Venom, but their alter-egos won't be exactly the ones they were in the comics. For example, three of these classic characters will be portrayed by women, instead of men (like they were in the comics).

The characters will be the following (and if you want to know more about them, click on their Wikipedia links):

The Black Cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cat_(comics)

Electro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(comics)

Hyrdo-Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydro-Man

Shocker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_(comics)

An interesting fact out of all of this is that all these characters have appeared in the 1994 animated series (just like Venom had), as well as the one from the 60s and the "Amazing Friends" (just like Sandman). Cat has been only in the 1994 series, Electro has appeared in the 60s and 90s ones, Hydro-Man has also appeared solely in the 90s series, and Shocker appeared in "Amazing Friends" and the 90s series. And each of them have come in contact with the main villains of the third movie.

That's all I have for now. More updates to come.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, everybody.:smile:

I realize that I'm behind on writing that "MARVELOUS Mini's" New Year's story, but something came up. Just only an hour after the ball dropped, my family and I were partying (I was partying the hardest), and somewhere along the lines, I busted my left index finger.:stick_out_tongue:

As you can figure, a busted finger renders me from writing, so that's why there's been no story posted. But I'm starting to heal up now and able to type again. Although, I still can't write the story.

While I was healing, I figured that writing the first appearance of The Dark Crystal characters and others into "The MARVELOUS Muppets" universe would be too early, seeing as how the movie won't be out until this summer and going into a story that'll set up the plot to my version of it this soon wouldn't be right.

So, what I'll do is postpone that one until probably late May or early June, and I'll write a "MARVELOUS Mini" tale that'll introduce the marvelous Storyteller and his dog into the series. It'll be a story that'll set the stage for the Ghost Rider story that I'm hoping to write next month, just in time for the upcoming movie.

Speaking of which, I'll have to exclude the "Blade Scenario" from the story, because I don't think I can find a way to write the plot of Blade: Trinity into it, after watching the movie itself. This could change the story's title, as well as make it separate from the Blade/Labyrinth/Storyteller trilogy, standing as its own tale for "The MARVELOUS Storyteller" spin-off.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience, everybody. And sorry again for there being no story right now.