When will we Muppet fans say somthing?

Frogster

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Keep in mind that in recent years we've seen more from the Muppets than we did in the 90's.
No offense, but we've seen more of Micheal Jackson now than in the 90's as well, but that's not good for anyone... lol. All I'm trying to say is that just because we've seen more of them doesn't actually mean that it's better.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea i would take quality over qantaty any day. Give me a good muppet movie better then some random crap that has been happing

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
So does anyone else think that Disney will use The Muppets like the cheapquels just to make an extra buck, but not using the enterprise to its full potential?
Not if all they make are christmas movies...

Keep in mind, too, that Disney was also involved in several of the Muppets productions that the JHC was doing as well. Both TV and Movies. You know the titles. I think Muppets From Space was the only thing Disney didn't participate in, that was Sony, and it didn't have any original songs in it (as we have become accustomed to seeing in a Muppet production).

Needless to say, ABC was dumb by sending Muppets Tonight to the Disney Channel, but they had a TV Series there.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yes Disney help with thouse movies but they really i think just gave JHC the money and the avenue to do it in. it was all JHC that really did the movies.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
As much as I think a change in leadership was good for the Disney company as a whole, just to bring in new ideas, it is a shame for Muppet fans that Michael Eisner was the one who really had big plans for the Muppets. I really hope that they do have some good projects in the works--cancelling stuff that fans had already heard about it is not good for public relations!

Convincing John

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Actually, HIT entertainment has planned to cease production of the season sets of Fraggle Rock.
Oh no! Say it ain't so, Fozzie! Is there a recommended way of contacting them to let 'em know we want more Fraggle Rock? With some companies, phone calls work better, with others, emailing is a better choice.

I love Fraggle Rock, and the first season DVD was done so beautifully. The episodes of course, plus all the great extra stuff with 'em! The footage, the notebook, the list goes on....

Convincing John

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Convincing John.
There's a whole thread dedicated to the topic of FR being cancelled with contact information galore.

And if anyone can convince them to continue, it's you! :wink:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Thank you

Ok thanks, Fozzie. It's this thread here, right?

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=324528#post324528

I've been trying to call HIT, but I keep getting a message telling me that the operators are all busy and I should call back later. :smirk:

So...is S2 really and truly being cancelled? Or is it just a "we don't know what's going to happen" situation?

Just for the record, I bought three box sets, one for me, one for my sister and one for my brother. If Season 2 (and other seasons) make it on DVD, then I'll be buying those in triplicate as well.

I haven't emailed them yet...but I soon will.

Convincing John

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok we are geting a little off track here and honestly im a little suprised that a lot of you havnet said anything about this. Are you all scared of Disney do you really think there is nothing that can be done? I know that use to when the muppets, JHC or MHC did yall where all over it calling them writeing them and defently telling evreyone on here about how you felt. I have Two words for you "pan-scan" does that hit anyone in the eyes. If all of us can get upset about hearing that the rereleases of the older muppet movies where going to be pan scan, and get all over MHC, why wont anyone do or say anything now. Come on guys lets sitck together on this. we are the only chance the muppets have of getting new "good" things going for them. :smile: I hope yall dont get mad at me for this i just am so upset with the things going on at Disney.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
disney wont but henson will they have always really treated there fans well. I really think if they see a concer of the fans they may do somthing.