When will we Muppet fans say somthing?

P

Philip Kippel

Fozzie Bear said:
I think you're doom-saying, Dwayne. We have no idea what they are wroking on, we just know what they WERE working on and what has been delayed or stopped. To say that a 50 year old property is going to wither and die is not keeping a positive outlook on things. If we ever learned anything from Jim Henson's work is to keep things positive; but, also, the franchise lasted after he passed away and we suffered the entire early 1990's without anything new (basically), so I refuse to believe anything will kill our friends The Muppets.
Yeah. If only the Disney fanatics on the many Disney message boards would learn to be more optimistic and/or positive like that.:concern:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
i give up the muppets are going to die and no one cares.
I think the continuation of this thread proves otherwise, besides finger pointing doesn't exactly solve anything either. Right now, I think it's the nostalgia of the Muppets that is holding out their appeal. Like Luke said; more isn't necessarily better. I understand and appreciate that the Muppets nowadays are trying to be hip and trendy, but it was their dated humor that made them so beloved. In the 60 Minutes interview, they even said that if a human cast tried to pull off the incredibly corny jokes that the Muppets did, the show would've been canceled immediately, but because puppets, even more specifically the Muppets did it, it worked.

So the main thing that needs to be done, physically done as fans, is convincing. Convincing Disney that the Muppets are way more then action figures, t-shirts and coffee mugs; they're 3 dimensional characters that millions have and still can create a bond with so endearing and magical that will stand up through several lifetimes.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Actually, HIT entertainment has planned to cease production of the season sets of Fraggle Rock...
WHAT?

So even though it's the highest-selling item HIT ever produced, has a cult following, and its petition has over 37,000 signatures, they'd rather consider hocking Animal Jam episodes and Barney merchandise?

:mad:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I, uh, retract my original statement.

*Whistles quietly*

dwayne1115

Reaction score
see hit would be better for the muppets. they are doing good for fraggles and i hate that they are getting better tertment then the muppets. not to say i dont like the fraggles but the muppets are the best by far.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
More recent news is that Hit will be releasing Season 2 FR in September 2006! WOOT! YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!

I still think Diz will work things out once they realize what they do have.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Its amazing how shows not realated to DIsney or the muppets give refrenses to the muppets. Like on the simpsons, with the "muppets go mideavil" with troy mcclure. Hoever did miss piggy's voice was pretty close too.

I know it doesnt really have much to do with the topic, but I thought I'd post it anyway:wink:

Man of Muppets

Reaction score
You are Absolutely right, my friend.
Did you see the Animaniacs, where they made fun of "Family Christmas"?
This is what they said-
"Amedeus was a genius,
Beetoven was a dog,
The Muppet Family Christmas is about a pig and frog!"

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Man of Muppets said:
You are Absolutely right, my friend.
Did you see the Animaniacs, where they made fun of "Family Christmas"?
This is what they said-
"Amedeus was a genius,
Beetoven was a dog,
The Muppet Family Christmas is about a pig and frog!"
Yes I did! Its amazing! With all this publicity, Disney should be more on top of things keeping the muppets "alive"!:rolleyes: