When will we Muppet fans say somthing?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Ok we are geting a little off track here and honestly im a little suprised that a lot of you havnet said anything about this. Are you all scared of Disney do you really think there is nothing that can be done? I know that use to when the muppets, JHC or MHC did yall where all over it calling them writeing them and defently telling evreyone on here about how you felt.
Well I already mailed out my letter to Anne Sweeney, She's a pretty powerful person at Disney and she's involved with development and that's what the Muppets need. I didn't write to CEO Bob Iger, the guy probably get 1,000 letters a week so I wrote instead to Miss Sweeney.

Here are three powerful people some of you might wish to write at Disney and express your Muppet concerns:

Richard Cook
Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios

George W. Bodenheimer
Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks

Anne Sweeney
Co-Chair Disney Media Networks and President, Disney-ABC Television Group

Here's Disney's address:
Walt Disney Pictures
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

It almost seems as if the Muppets have disappeared from the planet.

Frogster

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
It almost seems as if the Muppets have disappeared from the planet.
I don't think they've disappeared, I'd say more like their souls were abducted by aliens and they put imposters in the puppets.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Frogster said:
I don't think they've disappeared, I'd say more like their souls were abducted by aliens and they put imposters in the puppets.
Perhaps the imposters are in Disney management.:eek:

Frogster

Reaction score
super muppet said:
If Only Walt Was Here.
If Walt was here? How about if JIM was here? He's probably not only rolling in his grave... I'd say after all the messes JHC and Disney has made, he's probably set on spin-cycle

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well jim wasnt burryed he was cremated but thats beside the point. Ok so i am shocked at yall that you all dont care. yall must really think there is no hope, that my passion for trying to save the muppets is just a waste of time. I cant belive yall. im really disaponited in you all as muppet fans. :sympathy:

beaker

Reaction score
I agree, the Muppets will always be around; as long as mankind is around. It doesn't matter who owns em in the long run.

You can split em up, pretend Sesame Street is sepertate from Fraggle Rock from the Muppet Show...bu tthey are all Muppets and always will be.

Just the fact we're getting Dark Crystal 2 and Fraggle Rock the movie to me makes me think the Disney deal has some pretty big bright spots. Just as long as the Muppets never get absorbed into Disney canon, as Pixar and AA Milne characters have.

It does bother me how it does seem like alot of the magic is gone. Gone are the cool logos, JH' signature, and that sense that each character has a speciic performer. It also is sad that they don't seem to be doing anything too ambitious or interesting with th eMuppets...cept some reality tv thing. Oh well, maybe one of these days some truly epic and glorious news shall come our way. I hold out hope indefinately.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i give up

i give up the muppets are going to die and no one cares.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I think we all care............but being able to physically do something about it is totally different. I don't want to see them go.......but what can I possibly do? Start a riot, a protest, lay down in front of a bull dozer...I mean we don't know the future of the Muppets at this time but I don't think that anyone here "don't care" because we all do.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think you're doom-saying, Dwayne. We have no idea what they are wroking on, we just know what they WERE working on and what has been delayed or stopped. To say that a 50 year old property is going to wither and die is not keeping a positive outlook on things. If we ever learned anything from Jim Henson's work is to keep things positive; but, also, the franchise lasted after he passed away and we suffered the entire early 1990's without anything new (basically), so I refuse to believe anything will kill our friends The Muppets.