When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think it's selfish how some people charge for their autographs... I don't know if it's to discourage people from asking for them, or if they figure some people actually would pay through the nose for one... either way, I just don't think it's right; autographs should be free. Besides, most of celebs are rich enough anyway, what do they need to squeeze extra cash out of their fans for anyway?
He might be buying it from someone else :smirk: (EDIT: Yep, I was right)

But I agree with you. I guess crazy fans will pay anything for a piece of their favorite star or something. Now, when it comes to book signings and stuff, I kinda understand if they make you buy the book there, since the bookstore is the one thats making the money...but if its a picture with someones name scribbled on it, WHY? To pay for the cost of the paper its printed on? :rolleyes:

KingR76

Reaction score
He might be buying it from someone else :smirk: (EDIT: Yep, I was right)

But I agree with you. I guess crazy fans will pay anything for a piece of their favorite star or something. Now, when it comes to book signings and stuff, I kinda understand if they make you buy the book there, since the bookstore is the one thats making the money...but if its a picture with someones name scribbled on it, WHY? To pay for the cost of the paper its printed on? :rolleyes:
In this instance I was actually there when the Movie Star signed it for this person so I know its legit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it's selfish how some people charge for their autographs
Well they've kinda been forced to. There's too many fans getting these autographs and selling them on Ebay, ruining it for the rest of us. Plus the type of working actors who go to conventions are not rich, they're taking time out of their lives to leave their families and travel to appearances, I don't mind if they get something out of it. It's just reality.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well they've kinda been forced to. There's too many fans getting these autographs and selling them on Ebay, ruining it for the rest of us. Plus the type of working actors who go to conventions are not rich, they're taking time out of their lives to leave their families and travel to appearances, I don't mind if they get something out of it. It's just reality.
It does discourage getting harassed on the street as well. It kinda stinks when someone charges you for something. Luckily I've never been in that situation because I never really tried. The only Autographs I've gotten were free, and mainly voice actors. Unless you count purchase of a book... then I have to add Carol Spinney and Marc Brown.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
There is, at this very instant, a middleaged guy sitting next to me in the library WHISPERING ALOUD while he reads the paper.

Seriously, dude? You have to sit there wsspssuhsspuhssspr for over an hour? And it doesn't occur to you you may be disturbing other people with the nasty glares I keep giving you?

Obliviousness. That's what ticks me off. Not so much the weird habit as the utter lack of perception of ANYONE ELSE so many Americans seem to exhibit on a daily basis.

Gawd I hate humans...
----------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm adding something new to the rant. I'm sure someone will be in agreement here. But you know what I hate? Video games that think running/walking means painfully repetitive button mashing. ababababababababababababababa.... that HURTS no matter what controller you're using. I HATE repetitive fast button mashing. That's not fun. That destroys fingers.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm adding something new to the rant. I'm sure someone will be in agreement here. But you know what I hate? Video games that think running/walking means painfully repetitive button mashing. ababababababababababababababa.... that HURTS no matter what controller you're using. I HATE repetitive fast button mashing. That's not fun. That destroys fingers.
What kind of video games are you playing that requires you to alternate buttons to move? :confused:

Or do you mean games where to fight you just mash buttons?

KingR76

Reaction score
In my opinion those whom sell Autographs on ebay are not fans in the slightest, I find the whole idea abhorent.

Three weeks today I'll be going up to London for a Convention and the Actress Gillian (X-Files) Anderson will be attending, at one point she signed X-Files memoribilia UNTIL the filthy dealers shoved these Autographs on ebay and then Gillian stopped signing X-Files and so US the TRUE FANS those who watched X-Files religiously couldn't get Gillian to sign any X-Files Memoribilia.

Two years ago I met William (Cigarette Smoking Man) B Davis, and Cary Elwes and I knew that there would be no chance of me ever getting Gillian to sign my X-Files DVD Boxset so I didnt even ask William or Cary to sign it, then last year I met Robert Patrick and again I deliberately didnt have him sign it.

And then in February a BIG GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT for the convention we go to was revealed, Gillian Anderson this saw many, many people absolutely go nuts and we then knew that our faved X-Files collection would be signed, last week I was approached by the Independent over this and asked my views (seeing that this was on Twitter I was surprised and didnt quite believe he was a proper journalist) until I was sent the link:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-autograph-7831942.html?origin=internalSearch

Yes, I know that £45 is quite excessive but this would be well worth it for me.

The only thing that the journalist didn't keep in the article was how, "Its BECAUSE of dealers that I'm HAVING to fork out £45 in the first place."

Drtooth

Reaction score
What kind of video games are you playing that requires you to alternate buttons to move? :confused:

Or do you mean games where to fight you just mash buttons?
You haven't played one of those old NES/SNES/Game Boy games where they have various different "sports" or some racing challenge that requires you to have to mash buttons over and over (There's at least 2 Tiny Toons games like that, one for Genesis and one for Game Boy)? They're usually the ones you have to keep mashing the ababababababababab buttons over and over. I HATE that.