1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Ah, the good ole days of dial up ended for me in May of this year :smirk:
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Actually that's the first time I'm hearing about this. Then again there's a lot of Internet slang I've learned I'm unfamiliar with. :confused:
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Wow Sarge *hands you a diploma for graduating from dial up and a year supply of garlic bread." :p
  4. Pinkflower7783

Does anyone talk to each other in person anymore? :p Can you imagine going up to someone and be like "How are you? Lol" "Oh I am fine, Lol" "Well Lol that is good to hear."
  5. Sgt Floyd

I went to this thing for school and we were divided into teams. I was on the Yellow team, which was unfortunately nicknamed the YOLO team :sigh:
    heralde likes this.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well I guess facial expressions are supposed to replace the lol's, lol. ;)
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pshh people don't even use those anymore. Their just like this :smirk:
    heralde likes this.
  8. Sgt Floyd

Or, you know, you could just laugh or giggle or something :p
  9. Pinkflower7783

People still laugh? Anytime I see people nowadays they have their faces buried in their phones.
  10. Sgt Floyd

Well, just because people are addicted to their cell phones doesn't mean they turned into emotionless robots.

Oh, wait...
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Is it a good thing, then, that I don't even know what YOLO is, or never even heard it before?

I can barely get anyone to just CHAT anymore. I've got a few YIM contacts, I chat with one good friend on a weekly basis, I'll hear from my best friend whenever she has freetime (because she's working like three jobs now)... everyone else I never hear from anymore.

But then again, it could be me, because I'm not usually the conversation starter. Mainly because it seems like whenever I'm the one who starts the conversation, the other person is like, "I'm a little tied up at the moment", or "I'm in the middle of something right now", etc, so instead, I just let the other person start the conversation, that way, nobody's being interrupted in the middle of anything.
  12. Sgt Floyd

Its just an obnoxious word that means "You Only Live Once" :/
  13. Pinkflower7783

*throws frisbee* Go fetch
  14. Sgt Floyd

Fetch your own frisbee :p
  15. Pinkflower7783

Not in a fetching mood fine *takes garlic bread back* :p
  16. Sgt Floyd

Hey :(

Fine...

*pulls some back up garlic bread out of subspace*
  17. Pinkflower7783

*your suppose to fetch first now go get the frisbee* :p

EDIT- Nevermind I'll make Hubert go get the frisbee.
  18. Sgt Floyd

*eats garlic bread and brings frisbee back with telekinesis*

Just cause I can turn into a wolf doesn't mean I want to play fetch all the time :p
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

See, now here's another rant of mine... EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' THREAD ON THIS FORUM GETS MUFFINED ANYMORE!

I like a little muffining in moderation, that's what MC is known for, but does every single thread that's started have to turn into a muffin fest at the drop of a hat? Watch...

*Takes off cap and drops it*

*Muffin explosion*

See?

I've noticed a couple of others have kind of been asking for a tone down as well. I mean, we have threads that are basically created for the nature of muffining, it'd be nice if it all didn't spill over into other threads.
  20. Pinkflower7783

You were so excited about it just the other day. :p