When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I swear, I am NOT looking forward to future generations, if we're bad enough now, I hate to see how further we'll deteriorate when the kids of today and tomorrow are enstilled with corrupted morals and values.
Every generation is less moral than the last one. And that's usually a good thing, as "moral" tends to be code words for being repressed and hateful. I mean, we still have racism, but not to the extent where we have racist caricatures as our favorite cartoon stars....

Side note: Really... the Tiny Toons episode based on him was complete and utter bullcrap. Their cartoons were terrible.

Every generation has troublemakers. They're marginalized and, frankly, they have no discipline to do anything positive with their lives and usually hold no power or influence. Usually. At worst, bullies become your boss and you can't do anything about it, unless you can get another job. Sure, there's always that jerk you knew that's more successful than you, but he's just got a higher paying job as a cog for the most part.

If it's about pre-marital teens, it's all about that lack of discipline. They'll drop out of school, get lousy jobs... bad things will happen to their family as they have for quite some time. We're just hearing of it in the past few decades because they wanted to keep that stuff hush hush in the 50's, because we all know the culture of fake cleanliness and conformity of that era. And those times were MUCH worse than anyone nostalgically waxes about. Oh, if you were a white suburban family it was a paradise... just so long as you lived in constant fear of attacks that could happen. Could but didn't.

For every small immorality of the future, we lose a HUGE immorality from the past. That's the way history goes. We're pretty far from Caligula's day, no matter how active they want to portray kids as being. And the fact that the younger generation cares about the country's fiscal inequality while the older generation is afraid of entitlements that they themselves are on and would never get rid of as long as they benefit from it PROVES it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, it's like those kinds of quotes from Anne Frank's diary, or Johnny from The Outsiders, there's still SOME good out there in the world, but for the most part, it's that good that is few and far between because it's "not normal" anymore.
The bad stuff is always louder, more noticeable, that doesn't equal quantity. (You can tell I'm one of my good moods today, lol.)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No, you're making a point, and a clear one at that; individuality is an important quality... likewise, I would be considered one of those oddballs in these parts: where I come from, you're not a "man" if you're not like a hardcore football fanatic, and around here, football is god... I'm serious, my older sister is soooo convinced I'm "in the closet" because I'm not "manly" by not basing my life around sports.
I'm just one big oddball. I'm a girl. I enjoy dark/evil/scary stuff. I play video games. I dress like a guy. Thats not "normal" anywhere really. It sometimes makes it hard to talk to other people. They want to talk about their boyfriends and girl problems, I want to talk about video games and complain about online trophies. It doesn't really work out :stick_out_tongue:

For the longest time my mom was convinced I was gay because I don't like any of the girly things she is trying to force on me :/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For the longest time my mom was convinced I was gay because I don't like any of the girly things she is trying to force on me :/
My parents didn't get too obsessed with that stuff. For the most part if I liked something then it was a "me" thing, not a "boy or girl" thing. There were some exceptions but no one said parent/child relations was easy, lol.

I did go through a phase in High School of not wanting to wear skirts because of how subjected I thought women were in society. I'm more willing to wear them now because I don't want society to influence my choices even in a contrary way.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I always said there was no such thing as nonconformity. You may think you are trying to rebel against what society is throwing at you, but you are still conforming to yet another group's expectations.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I did go through a phase in High School of not wanting to wear skirts because of how subjected I thought women were in society. I'm more willing to wear them now because I don't want society to influence my choices even in a contrary way.
You would've made a great feminist. :wink:
I always said there was no such thing as nonconformity. You may think you are trying to rebel against what society is throwing at you, but you are still conforming to yet another group's expectations.
That's strangely profound.