Where Your Heart Leads You - A Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Oh, hugs to Rowlf. And to Wanda, the poor thing! Heck, hugs to everybody.

I love it, Beth. Absolutely love it. Extra points for Gonzo's lines. ...that'd be for your creativity, not his.

One minor point, the transition from the boarding house back to Rowlf seemed a little awkward. But other than that, I love it! More! More! More!
Thanks! I agree the transition was a little odd, I wanted to sort of leave Kermit hanging though. Picturing this as a movie (which is just hard not to) I think I could pan out a little easier. But anyway, I'll try and watch that as there will be lots of back and forth action going on!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I completely understand. That's why I usually do something like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

That way it's clear that we've moved either time, place, or both, but a perfect transition isn't really necessary.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea! I'm going to edit it right now and add that! I knew there was something I liked about the flow of your stories (of course there is the fact that you're a good writer.) :smile: I'm pretty bored at work today, so another chapter may be coming yet today, though I can't promise anything.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
rowlf allergic to cats

I know this is irrelevant to the story...but Rowlf is allergic to cats..he mentions that in the muppet movie...I love the character but if he is highly allergic he probably would not have hung around that long..unless he took his allergy shots or something. I love the story and can not wait to read the next chapter. You really capture the true essence of each character. I think maybe you should be on the writing team of the muppets and maybe the writers will go back to how the muppets were from the start. ahh well...keep going with the story I can't wait to see how it will end. Great job!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
froggiegirl18 said:
I know this is irrelevant to the story...but Rowlf is allergic to cats..he mentions that in the muppet movie...I love the character but if he is highly allergic he probably would not have hung around that long..unless he took his allergy shots or something. I love the story and can not wait to read the next chapter. You really capture the true essence of each character. I think maybe you should be on the writing team of the muppets and maybe the writers will go back to how the muppets were from the start. ahh well...keep going with the story I can't wait to see how it will end. Great job!
Wow! Thank you so much for the nice comment! And good point about the allergy. I just watched TMM this weekend too getting ready to write this story, so you'd think I would've caught that. Oh well, slight oversight on my part I guess! I guess we'll just assume he's caught up on allergy shots! :smile: But anyway, thanks for the feedback and compliments, I appreciate it! I know I said the next chapter might come today, but I got caught up in something. I hope to update both tomorrow and Sunday, so keep watching!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Great job with the story. I liked Gonzo saying that ninjas got Rowlf. Only Gonzo would think up something that crazy.

I also liked Wanda the cat. I take it she's going to help Rowlf some more or Rowlf helps her to get away from Crusher the bulldog.

One thing though, when Rowlf introduced himself to wanda, I thought it would have bene funny if Rowlf said "I'm Rowlf, Rowlf the dog and. Oh wait, you already knew I was a dog, nevermind."

You know something like that.

I also thought Rowlf was going to play the piano and let Wanda sing a song. But oh well.

Good job though.

ryan

Xerus

Reaction score
That was another great chapter. I liked how Rowlf met a pretty cat who helped him out. I hope to read more soon. :smile:

luvtosr

Reaction score
Great chapter, I love the way you have dual storylines going on. Can't wait for more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks again for the responses everyone and I'm glad you like it. Here is chapter three, a little less about Rowlf and more about the other Muppets and how they handle the news. Lisa, you'll seem some dialogue in here that's similar some in your stories, but I used it because it's traditional Muppet style, not to copy you or anything! :smile: Enjoy!

Chapter Three:

Kermit turned to look at Robin with the note in his hand.

“Um, Rowlf isn’t here right now,” said Kermit starting to get a little panicked.

“Is everything ok?” asked Robin.

“It will be. Right now, I need you to help me get everyone into the dining room for a meeting,” said Kermit getting his head on straight. He didn’t quite understand why Rowlf left without saying anything, but he knew that they couldn’t let him wander the country alone.

“Ok Uncle Kermit!” exclaimed Robin and hopped away.

Within minutes all of the Muppets were gathered into the dining room and were talking very loudly as usual.

“Kermit, why are we here?”

“Kermit, what’s going on?”

“Kermie, Moi has something very important to get to.”

“Hey Kerm, does this have something to do with the dog?”

“Yeah Kermit, where’s Rowlf?”

“DOGGIE! DOGGIE!”

“Everyone just be quiet!!!” exclaimed Kermit breaking up the chatter.

“And I said look man, I’ll do a lot of things, but not a spread like that, even if you think it’s artworthy,” said Janice not paying attention like always.

“Janice! Why is it everytime I gather everyone together you’re the last one talking? You know what it doesn’t matter,” said Kermit.

“Sorry,” said Janice.

“It’s fine. Now the reason I’ve got you all here does have something to do with Rowlf,” said Kermit. With the undivided attention of all the Muppets in the room Kermit started to tell Rowlf’s story.

Everyone was silent for once. No one could believe how much Rowlf had been hurting. Kermit continued by reading the note that Rowlf left.

Dear Kermit and friends,
I hope you can understand that this is a journey I have to make alone. I appreciate your friendship and the fact that you all care for me so much, but I just have to do this for myself. I’m going to Minnesota to find the woman who took me in so many years ago and I’m hoping she’ll lead me to my family. I promise to call and let you know that I’m ok and once I find what I’m looking for, I will come home. I just need to make the emptiness go away. I hope you can understand.
Your Friend,
Rowlf

“Like, wow, everyone should know where they come from,” said Janice breaking the silence at long last. Floyd squeezed her hand.

“I couldn’t imagine not knowing my mom,” said Fozzie quietly.

“I know how he feels, I hope he finds what he’s looking for,” said Gonzo.

Everyone looked at him. It hadn’t been that long ago that they had been on a similar journey with Gonzo.

“Uncle Kermit, are we going to let Rowlf go find his family all alone? What if something happens to him?” said Robin.

“Well Robin, I had offered for all of us to go with him, but he left during the night,” said Kermit.

“Oh,” said Robin looking crestfallen.

“But that doesn’t mean we’re going to continue to let him do this alone. We’re going to go find him!” exclaimed Kermit.

“Yea! I want to give him a big hug!” said Robin.

“Well you can do that as soon as we find him, but we’re going to need a plan,” said Kermit.

“I’ve got the paper towels!” said Lew Zealand.

“Not this time!” groaned Fozzie.

So for the next half hour the Muppets poured over maps and figured out a route to get them to Minnesota. Once they got there they would just have to ask around to find Rowlf.

“All right everyone, pack your things and be back here in 10 minutes!” exclaimed Kermit.

Chaos ensued. He knew it would take closer to a half hour to get everyone loaded onto the Electric Mayhem bus, but he didn’t want to waste anytime. As he watched everyone running around he sank down in the chair with a wistful look in his eye.

“Kermie? Are you ok?” asked Piggy.

“I just wish I had known that he felt like this,” said Kermit.

“Oh Kermie, I don’t think any of us knew he felt like this,” said Piggy.

“You’re probably right,” said Kermit.

Piggy left him to go pack her things and Kermit knew they’d be waiting for her later, so he didn’t tell her what was really bothering him and had been since the whole thing began.

Why weren’t they good enough? Why weren’t they simply enough? It bothered Kermit that he felt this way and he thought that maybe Rowlf was right, he didn’t understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowlf didn’t get too comfortable in the back of the truck because Wanda had said it would take him a half hour to get where he was going and that wasn’t a real long time.

Sure enough, after only a little while, the truck stopped. Rowlf looked out the back and saw the grocery store that Wanda was talking about. He quickly jumped out of the truck before someone saw him and started walking again.

The only problem was, the surroundings didn’t look that familiar.

“Hmm…” he thought to himself. He looked around and saw a street passing by the store. Then he saw the street name. 44th Avenue. He remembered that the house he lived in was on 44th Avenue and 4th Street! So all he had to do was walk either left or right.

This posed a new dilemma since the cross street to 44th at this point was Central Avenue.

“Well, I left my heart somewhere around here, so I guess I’ll go left!” thought Rowlf and smiled at the pun. He was definitely feeling a little better. And it was still very early in the day so he also felt like he had accomplished a lot.

He started walking to the left and was hopeful that he picked the right way. He couldn’t wait to see the woman he lived with again. It had been so long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Muppet Boarding House everyone was finally situated onto the bus and a few squeezed into Beauregard’s cab. Scooter and Rizzo had agreed to stay back at the house in case Rowlf called.

“All right everyone let’s find Rowlf!” exclaimed Kermit.

Everyone cheered as the vehicles pulled away.

“I just hope we can find him,” thought Kermit to himself then turned his thoughts to navigator as he pulled out the map.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aw, Beth, Hugs to you! I didn't think of it as copying at all, that's just how the Muppets are! Right? Right. And extra hugs for Lew Zealand's line. And Kermit's internal conflict, I love Kermit's internal conflict! And Gonzo's line! And Rowlf's pun! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Robin and I couldn't agree with him more. Excellent, Beth, keep it coming!