Where Your Heart Leads You - A Rowlf Story

luvtosr

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure TogetherAgain covered it all. An excellent instalment!

Xerus

Reaction score
That was another great chapter. With Janice doing her familiar talking about her embarrassing thoughts while everyone's quiet and Lew Zeland's obsession with paper towels once again. :smile: Good job! :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Great job again. I like Rowlfs joke about leaving his heart and going left. I also like Lew Zelands paper towls reference as well as Janice giving out infomration that others don't want to hear!

ryan

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I loved kermits remark about how Janice is the last one to be talking after everyone else is quiet. hehe I just love it!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone! I hope to have another chapter posted this afternoon, so be watching for that!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
decent

so far so good. why do i have a feeling that Wanda the Cat was owned by Rowlfs former owner?

RedDragon

Reaction score
Another great chap. But that was chapter 4 not 3. Just tought you'd like to know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Rowlfs cat allergy

Although Rowlf said he was allergic to cats in the muppet movie (and when he said that line he wasn't seen on the screen, so it could have been Dr. Teeth since they sound alike, but it was probably rowlf), He didn't seem to be allergic to Gaffer when he sang The Cat Came back in the Linda Ronstadt episode, or when he told Foo Foo to chase gaffer in the wally boag episode (which sort of contradicts Rowlf saying that he wasn't a cat chaser), and he didn't seem to be allergic to catgut in the u.k. spot from the Avery Schriver episode. besides, a lot of muppet productions have contradictions between each other.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yep Red Dragon, you're right, it was chapter four. So, here is chapter five. I've got a couple of references in here, one to MC especially so I hope that everyone (or one specific person) catches them! Whoever can guess them gets...I don't know.

Chapter Five:

Rowlf began to feel very encouraged as he passed 7th Street, 6th Street and so on in descending order. He knew he had chosen the right direction.

“Gosh, it’s been so long! What will I say to her when I see her?” he thought to himself as he actually began to get a little nervous.

Soon he came to 4th Street and turned to start walking towards the house he had once lived in. Surroundings were beginning to look very familiar. He remembered one of the houses had a bunch of cats living at it. He usually stayed away from that place.

Thinking of cats reminded him of Wanda. Although he didn’t really know her very well, she was very kind to him. Maybe after he spent some time with his family, he would go back and see if she needed some help with the bulldog situation. Maybe the bulldog wasn’t so mean after all. He figured he could level with him, after all, deep down they were all just dogs. Then he thought maybe Wanda would want to come back to the Muppet Theater with him and perform there. She had such a haunting voice.

Suddenly Rowlf was pulled from his thoughts when he reached his destination. There was just one problem. He was certain the house was right here between a brown house and gray house. But now, instead of the big green house with the big yard that Rowlf was expecting to find, there were now two small white houses.

“Now I could’ve sworn this was it! Dogs are not known for having a great memory, but I know this is where the house should be! What happened?” said Rowlf out loud to no one.

He didn’t really know what to do next, so he sat down on the sidewalk and consulted his map again.

“This just doesn’t make sense!” he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Muppets drove straight through until dinnertime after leaving the Boarding House. They were tired, they were hungry and they weren’t in Minnesota yet. They only made it as far as Chicago.

“Hey Kermit, if we don’t stop and eat pretty soon we’re going to have some problems back here! People are threatening to cut off each others limbs!” exclaimed Pops from the back of the bus.

“All right, we can stop! You don’t have to threaten me with cannibalism!” said Kermit.

“BOOM!” came an explosion from the back of the bus.

“That was cannibalism, not cannonism Harry!” yelled Kermit.

“Sorry! Heh heh heh!” said Crazy Harry stepping away from the fired cannon.

“Ok, Dr. Teeth, pull ahead up here,” said Kermit.

They pulled into a pizza place that was just at the edge of town. Kermit knew if anything, Chicago was known for its pizza, so hopefully it would satisfy the whole gang. He knew they should’ve stopped sooner, but he was so determined to catch up with Rowlf.

One by one they all piled into the pizza place. It was surprisingly quiet inside the restaurant, not too many people were eating.

“I hope this isn’t a bad sign,” said Fozzie.

“I’m sure it will be fine. Hey, where’s Gonzo?” said Kermit.

“What do you think Harry fired out of the cannon before?” said Clifford.

“Oh no!” exclaimed Kermit and started walking towards the door when Gonzo came running in.

“That was great! Can I go back and do it again?” exclaimed Gonzo.

“No! Listen everyone there needs to be no more screwing around! We’ve got to find Rowlf and I don’t want to waste anymore time! Now let’s just get some food and get out of here!” shouted Kermit getting exasperated.

Everyone quietly headed for their seats looking concerned. Kermit didn’t usually blow up like that unless there was something serious going on.

“Kermie, what is bothering you?” asked Miss Piggy.

“Nothing! I’m just worried about my friend which is more than I can say for some of you. Now I’m going to go see about getting us some pizzas,” said Kermit and walked up to the counter.

“I’m worried about Uncle Kermit,” said Robin to Piggy.

“Don’t worry mon petite frog, he’s just worried about Rowlf,” said Piggy though she was just as concerned about Kermit as Robin.

Soon, the Muppets were back to their talkative selves and the place started filling up with noise.

A young woman came out to the counter where Kermit was waiting.

“Hi there! What can I do for you?” she said.

“Well, my friends and I are on a road trip and we need some pizzas to eat and we’re kind of in a hurry,” said Kermit.

“All right, what types would you like?” she asked.

“Better give us a little bit of everything, knowing this crowd, there would be complaints if we didn’t have a variety,” said Kermit.

“All righty, I’ll put the order in right away,” she said and walked away.

Kermit sat back and watched the other Muppets talking, laughing and having fun with each other.

“We’re a family. We have fun, sometimes we fight, but we all care about one another. We’re a family. Why wasn’t that enough for Rowlf?” thought Kermit out loud without realizing it.

“Who’s Rowlf?” said the young waitress returning from the kitchen.

“Oh, he’s our friend. He’s a dog,” said Kermit.

“That wouldn’t surprise me,” said the waitress looking over at the group of Muppets.

“Anyway, he’s on this search,” started Kermit and told the waitress the whole story. He even told her about how he felt.

“Well, I can understand why you would feel this way,” said the waitress, “you’ve built this group into what it is and it’s become a family to you, so you think it should be a family to him too.”

“Yeah, that’s exactly it! You’re really smart! What’s your name?” said Kermit.

“My name’s Lisa. I really hope you find your friend so you can all be together again. When you do, tell him how you feel,” said Lisa.

“I will! Thanks Lisa!” said Kermit and gave her a hug.

Piggy, seeing this began to get jealous and decided to walk up there.

“Kermie, will our food be coming soon?” asked Piggy.

“Yeah, it’ll be right out!” said Lisa.

Kermit joined Piggy and walked back to the table.

“What was that all about?” she demanded.

“Nothing important,” said Kermit.

“Oh I see,” said Piggy with a tone in her voice.

“You know something Piggy? I’m glad you’re here,” said Kermit and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“Well I don’t know what that girl did, but I guess I’m glad to see you’re feeling better,” said Piggy.

A few minutes later the food arrived. Everyone ate quickly and then they climbed back into the vehicles.

“Good luck!” called Lisa as they were leaving.

“Thanks!” said Kermit turning around to wave. Piggy, who was holding his hand, grabbed a little tighter and pulled him out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowlf sat outside on the sidewalk all afternoon and watched cars go up and down the street.

“You know, I never understood why other dogs liked to chase those things. Why chase one when you can drive one?” thought Rowlf. He was trying to keep his spirits up when he really had no clue what to do next. He also thought he should call the Boarding House and let Kermit know he was ok, but he had no where to do that.

“All right Rowlf you’re in a pickle now. Gosh, what I wouldn’t do for a pickle,” said Rowlf out loud.

“Hey there fella! Couldn’t help but overhear you were in a pickle?” said a man walking up the street.

“Oh! Yeah, well I’m kind of lost,” said Rowlf.

“Maybe I can help you find yourself,” said the man.

“Well I’ve already tried Hare Krishna,” said Rowlf.

“Um, yeah…well, why don’t you tell me where you were trying to go,” said the man who was a little confused.

Rowlf explained what he was doing and how he used to live in the house that was right here.

“Oh! Was that woman’s name Margaret?” said the man.

“I think so!” exclaimed Rowlf.

“Well, Margaret sold this land a few years back after her husband died. The old house was tore down and two new ones were put up in its place. I live in that one right there,” said the man pointing to his house.

“Oh, I see,” said Rowlf.

“I know where Margaret lives though! I could take you there tomorrow if you’d like. She just got back from out of town today, so it would probably be good to wait,” said the man.

“Oh, ok. I don’t haven anyplace to go though,” said Rowlf.

“Oh, come stay with me! My wife loves having company! We’ll fix you some dinner and then a nice bed on the couch,” said the man.

“Wow that would be great! What did you say your name was again?” said Rowlf.

“Oh, well, I didn’t, but my name’s Jim,” said Jim.

“Ok Jim! Thanks so much!” said Rowlf.

“You know it’s funny, but I feel like I’ve known you for years,” said Jim as they walked up the sidewalk together.

Rowlf just smiled. He’d met so many helpful people on his journey. Tomorrow he’d be reunited with Margaret and then he’d be on to find his family. Things were looking up.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
(arg, I just typed this whole post and internet explorer went and quit on me- Grrr! Oh well, I'll type it again. It went something like this: )

:excited: :big_grin: !!!!!!!!!!! Please excuse me while I smother you with hugs.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I caught it I caught it I caught it I caught a few!

I caught this girl "Lisa," who hopes they'll all get "together again," working at a pizza place in Chicago... sounds like me! And Kermit thinks I'm smart! WOO HOO! <happy dances around the room>

I caught this "Hare Krishna" joke, which sounds awfully familiar.....

And then I caught this "Jim" guy who feels like he's known Rowlf for years... You know I think I know of this Jim guy from somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where... :wink:

But it's not the references that make this chapter great, it's the writing! Poor Rowlf, he's trying so hard, and it keeps getting just a little bit tougher all the time. Thank goodness Jim's there to help! And I love the pickle joke, by the way. And poor Kermit, he's so worried about Rowlf, he forgot about that food thing. And he's getting aggravated and irritated and POOF! This nice little waitress comes and just listens to him, and he feels all better! Aw, I wanna give that waitress a hug for making Kermit feel all better- wait a second... Well, I wanna give Kermit a hug because he's just so worried and- (well now wait a second, if I'm the waitress, why don't I just go over to the table and give him a hug? Oh wait I know why I shouldn't do that- Miss Piggy's there too!) Oh and kudos to you on the cannibalism joke!

I love it Beth, keep it coming!