Where Your Heart Leads You - A Rowlf Story

Xerus

Reaction score
That was another great chapter. I liked how Miss. Piggy called Robin, "mon petite frog", that was cute. :smile:

And I like how Kermit was wise and ordered varieties of pizzas. I guess he learned from those topping arguments from those Pizza Hut commercials. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Lisa you found your reference! Yea! I figured you would. I just wanted to give a reference to you in this chapter because you've been so enthusiastic about my fan fics and I appreciate it! You also figured out all of the other references in this chapter except one that I don't know if anyone will figure out. It's another connection to me. I'll wait and see if anyone finds it, if not, I'll clue you all in. More coming soon!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Let's see... connection to you... connection to you... connection to you... is it the streets? the houses? the... the... something? <sigh>.

RedDragon

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I caught this girl "Lisa," who hopes they'll all get "together again," working at a pizza place in Chicago... sounds like me! And Kermit thinks I'm smart! WOO HOO! <happy dances around the room>
Lisa you finally got your Kermit hug, how does that make you feel? And what are you going to do now?
Anyway, Great chapter.

luvtosr

Reaction score
*Applauds*. Brilliant, I love the bit where Gonzo gets fired out of the cannon...heck, I love all of it! *Applauds again.*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have to admit, this chapter coming up here isn't as exciting as the others. It's mostly to move the plot along. So, if it's boring, I apologize, more exciting stuff is coming up!

Chapter Six:

Rowlf had a great night’s sleep at Jim’s house. He really needed it after spending the whole night before on the bus and then after all the events of the day. Jim and his wife were really great, making him dinner and breakfast.

“Well buddy, are you ready to go?” asked Jim.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” said Rowlf. As much as he was anxious to get on with his journey, he was still nervous about seeing Margaret again.

“Ok, let’s get into my car over here, we’ll be there in about five minutes,” said Jim.

They drove and Jim chattered on and on about how the town had changed in the years since Rowlf had lived there.

“You’re not kidding, I didn’t recognize the strip mall with the grocery store” said Rowlf.

“Yeah, that’s been there for a few years now,” said Jim.

The car started to slow down in front of an apartment complex.

“Well Rowlf, this is it. She lives in apartment six on the second floor,” said Jim.

“I can’t thank you enough for all of your help,” said Rowlf.

“It’s no problem! Here’s my number if you need any further help while you’re here. Good luck!” said Jim and shook Rowlf’s hand.

Rowlf got out of the car with his bag and started walking slowly up the steps.

“Here goes nothing,” he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Muppets drove through most of the night and by dawn they finally pulled into Minneapolis. Kermit had actually dozed off for awhile, feeling a little more peaceful after their stop in Chicago.

“Kermit, hey, Kermit!” whispered Fozzie.

“Yeah Fozzie?” asked Kermit.

“That sign there said we’re entering Minneapolis city limits!” said Fozzie.

“Great!” said Kermit.

He moved up front to where Clifford was now driving the bus. For a second, Kermit stopped and frowned. Usually Rowlf was the one who alternated driving with Dr. Teeth the way they alternated piano parts with the band.

Realizing they would need to stop soon and figure some thing out, Kermit shook himself out of it and continued walking up to Clifford.

“All right Clifford, we need to find the Greyhound station, because that’s the first place Rowlf would’ve been,” said Kermit.

“No problem Kerm! I’ll just continue to taxi through town and we’ll find it,” said Clifford.

“Taxi! I’d better radio Beau!” said Kermit.

“Beauregard, come in please,” said Kermit into the radio.

“Come in where Kermit? Can’t you see I’m driving right now?” came Beauregard’s response.

“Never mind, I just wanted you to know that as soon as Clifford finds the bus station we’re stopping there,” said Kermit.

“Ok, but we’ve already got a bus Kermit,” said Beauregard.

“Ok, you know what Beau? Just follow our bus wherever we go, all right?” exclaimed Kermit getting exasperated.

“Right,” said Beauregard.

Soon they came upon the Greyhound station. Since there was a McDonalds nearby, Kermit told everyone to go have breakfast while he and Fozzie went to go see what they could find out.

Within minutes Kermit found out that someone at the station had seen Rowlf and that they watched him go into the bookstore across the street. At the bookstore, Kermit was able to find out which direction Rowlf went from there.

“I think he was heading for a small town called Columbia Heights, about 15 miles north of here. You can get there in about 15 minutes,” said the salesclerk.

“Thank you so much!” said Kermit.

“Come on Fozzie,” he said dragging his friend out of the jokes section.

“Yes sir!” said Fozzie.

Within minutes he had everyone back on the bus and in the cab and started heading north to Columbia Heights. He was visibly excited because he knew they would see Rowlf again soon. Everyone else began to relax seeing Kermit in a much calmer light.

The Electric Mayhem started playing some songs for the road.

Kermit tapped his foot along and smiled at Miss Piggy. Things were going well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowlf finally got to the door of the apartment and rang the bell for apartment six.

“Who’s there?” came a voice on the intercom.

“Why yes, I’m Rowlf, Rowlf the dog and I’m looking for Margaret. Is this the apartment that she lives in?” said Rowlf.

“It sure is, I’ll be right down!” said the voice excitedly.

“She must remember me!” thought Rowlf.

The door opened and there stood a young girl with reddish brown hair.

“Um, hello, I’m Rowlf the Dog. Forgive me, but I don’t think you’re Margaret,” said Rowlf.

“You’re right, I’m not Margaret. Margaret is gone,” said the girl.

“Oh no. I’m too late. She passed away on her trip didn’t she? Gosh I wish I had a hat I could take off right now and show some respect and…” rambled Rowlf.

“She’s not dead silly, she’s not back from vacation yet,” said the girl.

“Oh! That’s good because I really need to see her. When do you expect her?” asked Rowlf.

“Later this afternoon,” said the girl.

“Ok, may I wait for her?” asked Rowlf.

“Oh yes. Please do! You’re the famous Rowlf that Grandma’s been talking about all these years,” said the girl.

“So she remembers me?” asked Rowlf.

“She sure does! I’ve always wanted to meet you! I’ve seen your shows! Grandma always says, ‘he got his start in my living room!’” said the girl.

“I’m so glad!” exclaimed Rowlf. He and the girl went inside.

“I’m here watering plants and stuff for Grandma since her flight was delayed by a day,” said the girl.

“That’s nice of you,” said Rowlf.

“So, what brings you to visit my Grandma?” asked the girl.

Rowlf explained that he was on a quest to find his family and that he hoped Margaret could help him.

“Oh I’m sure Grandma can help you!” said the girl.

“That’s good! Say, what’s your name?” said Rowlf.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I should’ve told you! My name’s Beth. I don’t live far from here,” said Beth.

“Well Beth, it’s good to meet you,” said Rowlf.

The two of them sat down and watched some t.v. while they waited for Beth’s grandmother to return home. Even though it wasn’t the place he lived with Margaret, Rowlf felt very comfortable here. With any luck, he would get to see his family by evening or at the latest, the next morning. It might be nice to spend some time with Margaret and her granddaughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus and taxi finally pulled into Columbia Heights about 20 minutes after leaving downtown Minneapolis. Kermit had Clifford pull into the parking lot of the grocery store on Central Avenue.

“All right Kermit, now what?” asked Fozzie.

Kermit looked around.

“Well, there’s one problem,” said Kermit.

“What’s that Uncle Kermit?” asked Robin.

“I’m not sure where to go next,” said Kermit after gulping. Now what would they do?

luvtosr

Reaction score
This chapter is easily just as good as the others. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
:smile: Beth, huh? Hm, wonder who that could be?

Another great chapter, Beth! I love every inch of it. Keep it coming!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yep, it's me! And Margaret is my grandma, not that I expected anyone to guess that! :smile: And I'm glad you liked the chapter, I was a little nervous about this one for some reason. Tomorrow is field trip day again, so more coming on Friday!