Who is going to win "American Idol"?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Idol Juniors is really creepy and exploitive like that America's Most Talented Kid. It just doesn't sit right with me. The bumpers they're running for it show these terrible stage parents - and for entertainment value. It's one thing to hear Simon berate contestants, but an entirely different thing to see such deplorable parenting composed as entertainment. I think Simon and the producers should quit while they're ahead. I will not be watching that show. Kids shouldn't be put under such public pressure at an early age. :boo: :sleep:

I enjoy Idol, but that’s really the only “reality show” that I enjoy watching. The rest seem so sleazy to me. The Fame thing sounds interesting, but I’m so hoping the reality trend is ending. Failing network ABC keeps churning out the reality “hits” but their network is drowning in total ratings. What’s a good solution? Fire over half the cast of The Practice – one of their last quality shows. That’s right. Dylan McDermott, Lara Flynn Boyle, Kelli Williams, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Marla Sokoloff and newcomer Chyler Leigh are out. I’m glad ABC parent Disney doesn’t own the Muppets a little more each day. They don’t seem to have much respect for shows that have won them so many awards and lifted their status. :grouchy:

Anyway, off the soapbox. Too much reality TV makes the frogboy crazy. I didn’t even watch Idols all the way through. :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
What's with Fame coming back? Will it be a real show like the original or another Idol-like show?:confused: :concern:
From how i understand it, the Fame format is a British one we call 'Fame Academy'. It's very much like American Idol but all the contestants live in a big house where they get taught by experts and rehearse. Then once a week they do a live show and sing for survival. The voting process at the end is very good and builds tension because three people are up for eviction from the show each week. The public save one, and the other is decided between the remaining contestants who have to say why they think the person should leave right to their face.

DirthNader

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dr. Bombay
So, all you "American Idol" fans, who are you rooting for?

And you had all better say Ruben!:mad:

Clay is just too Broadway for me not to mention that he should be back in his tree baking cookies.......:eek: :smirk::big_grin:
I like them both equally well, though Clay looks like the next Barry Manelow (I know...I butchered the spelling on that name). As far as who will win, I predict it will be Ruben. I'm pretty sure that the people will.......wha? He did!?

WAY TO GO RUBE :excited:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I think Simon and the producers should quit while they're ahead. I will not be watching that show. Kids shouldn't be put under such public pressure at an early age. :boo: :sleep:
As crass as Simon is, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have anything to do with "American Juniors." He has said that he thinks there should be laws against children under age 16 becoming recording artists, and he disapproves of the whole "American Juniors" concept. He thinks that kids having to deal with that at such a young age could really screw them up for life. Those stage parents are the worst...
Erin

Luke

Reaction score
I would imagine Simon Cowell has had some input into the format of Junior Idols, although yeah he may not want to judge - but it is produced by the same company as American Idol - 19TV (also known in the pop world as 19 Management) and was probably dreamt up by Simon Fuller who owns the company. Just recently he started a pop band called 'S Club Juniors' which were kid clones of a teen pop band called 'S Club' he manages. The members of that kid band were formed from a low key TV talent search and yes, it has all got a bit tacky. I don't agree with kids doing it either but it seems thats where the idea has come from.

radionate

Reaction score
Please accept my apologies if this was posted already, I didn't see it.

Both Clay and Ruben have recording contracts. They signed them both. I'm not surprised, and look forward to Clay's alblum.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I can't wait for Clay's album!!!! :big_grin: Chances are we'll get Ruben's too, since my dad and brother were rooting for him. I like him a lot too, but Clay is number one in my book!
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I think they mentioned on the show that they are going to release Ruben and Clay's album in the same week. It'll be interesting to see how they fight it out on the charts.

Simon Cowell will not be judging the Junior Idols which is a good thing. He would destroy the youngins'! I've also read on cnn.com that he is thinking of not coming back for the next "American Idol" but I think it's a ploy to get them to pay him more money.

I hope all three judges are back again but especially Paula:flirt: :flirt: and Simon.

radionate

Reaction score
Simon has stated from the onset of this season that he wouldn't be back for a third installment. He says he really wants to go back to England to produce records. Anything is possible though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He reported mid season that he'd be back for 3.