Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I can't wait for this movie. I think it's a great story to tell and I am glad they are returning back to forum! I think a lot of people will watch it just for purity reasons, heh!

I also really can't wait to Rapunzel! The animation is just beautiful on that one!

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for the Disney Princess, actually some of them have no real clam to being a princess, as mention Mulan has no clam, she wasn't born into it nor did she get married to it. I don't think Belle nor Pocahontas have any real clam to it either.
Belle- Princess by Marriage.... Pocahontas- (I think) daughter of the Chief. That makes her technically a Princess.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Belle- Princess by Marriage.... Pocahontas- (I think) daughter of the Chief. That makes her technically a Princess.
Yeah you're right about Pocahontas being the Chief, so that would make her a princess.

I was thinking that Belle was a princess by marriage, my bad on that one. I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast in a long time, so I actually don't remember Beast being a prince or king.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know i'll try my best to see the movie when it comes out. Don't know if i either see it in theaters or when it comes out on DVD. But the teaser trailer looks pretty promising.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Yeah you're right about Pocahontas being the Chief, so that would make her a princess.

I was thinking that Belle was a princess by marriage, my bad on that one. I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast in a long time, so I actually don't remember Beast being a prince or king.
He's called a Prince, and he lives in a castle ... but apparently none of France is under his rule, nor does anyone seem to care that a royal family and all their servants just poofed off the face of the planet. Did they EVER say what happened to his parents? He looks like an older teen/young adult during the flashbacks, and no one ever acts like his parents are enchanted as well ... so what happened?

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's called a Prince, and he lives in a castle ... but apparently none of France is under his rule, nor does anyone seem to care that a royal family and all their servants just poofed off the face of the planet. Did they EVER say what happened to his parents? He looks like an older teen/young adult during the flashbacks, and no one ever acts like his parents are enchanted as well ... so what happened?
You know, they made an ENTIRE movie about how he has a caustic relationship with a Pipe Organ, but then never ever gone into detail about that. :insatiable:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Disney never tends to go into detail about it. The only time we meet an absent parent, IIRC, is Aladdin's dad. You either have assumed dead parents (usually the mother, or as in Cinderella, both and she's being cared for by a stepmother) or there are parents and we actually see them (Aurora comes to mind -- actually, she's the ONLY person who's a princess who comes to mind with both parents).

I mean, the poor guy doesn't even have a name. You have to go to fanfics for that. He's either "Beast" or "Prince". Like who he is just doesn't matter. At least the "Prince Charmings" might actually have that as a name, even if it's just a nickname.

I wonder if the poor frog in this new movie will have an identity. A Robin joke would be amusing. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney never tends to go into detail about it. The only time we meet an absent parent, IIRC, is Aladdin's dad. You either have assumed dead parents (usually the mother, or as in Cinderella, both and she's being cared for by a stepmother) or there are parents and we actually see them (Aurora comes to mind -- actually, she's the ONLY person who's a princess who comes to mind with both parents).

And for that matter, what the heck ever happened to Dumbella Duck, the mother of Huey, Dewey and Louie? I have a few unpleasant theories. Besides, she's gotta be an unfit parent... she let Donald watch them. :big_grin:

Though I still say the Third Aladdin movie where he meets his long lost father is yet another thing that Aladdin borrowed from the Indiana Jones Movies....

( how can you say they didn't at least influence the Cave of Wonders segment in the first film.... replace the riding a carpet past a wave of lava with running from a boulder, and you got it).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm assuming that once he became enchanted, his parents dissowned him and took their rule to another castle. I always figured (for some reason) that they were at the Opera, or a play the night that the Beast met the witch and was changed into the Beast.

I have no idea where I got that from...Until just now, I always figured that was said in the movie or something.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, yeah, that could work.

LOVELY parenting ... :wink: