1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Nick22 Active Member

im definitely seeing it. either in theaters or when it's on dvd. i love disney. i hope to see it in theaters. we'll see what happend.
  2. Erine81981 Active Member

I know i'll be going to see it when it comes out. I'll be taking the two oldest neices. I'm just glad they are doing it the older way.
  3. kermiegirl New Member

I am SOOOOOOOOOO going to see this movie. Does anyone out there think that, if it IS good enough, it could be nominated in the expanded category for best picture or best animated feature or best song?
  4. muppets2 New Member

Probably not there are tons of that stuff and it even might not get nominated:eek:
  5. muppets2 New Member

i might go see it it depends....
  6. Gelfling Girl Active Member

:) The classic Disney animation reigns again! :)

Oh, and I also heard they're going to do Beauty and the Beast in 3D, so even more classic Disney. :)
  7. muppets2 New Member

it is classic animation and not pixar? or computer generated?
  8. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Right. None of that Pixar stuff. :)
  9. muppets2 New Member

great ive been waiting for one of thoose definitly seeing it now:)
  10. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Funny thing... Pixar was the company that pretty much insisted that Disney still do the classic 2-D style animated movies. They run the animation department now. One of the best decisions Disney has made in the past few years was buying Pixar and saying, "HEY! You run our animation department! It's clearly obvious we forgot how."

Too bad they didn't also give them their TV animation department as well...
  11. Erine81981 Active Member

So Disney Animation Studios still own the TV shows? I figured since the same people who do any of the animation would do everything for any type of animated stuff. Darn that Disney!
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... the theatrical animation department and the television animation department are 2 separate entities... Confusing thing is that the television department was the one that animated most of the DTV sequels, though they were treated by the same entity that was the theatrical department. At least, both are as per my understanding.

So far, other than Pineas and Ferb, we ain't really seen anything out of them recently. Which is a shame. I still call them complete fools for not giving the public a Pirates of the Caribbean cartoon (as potentially a knockoff of One Piece it could become)... they would have made SOOOOO much money with that one.
  13. muppets2 New Member

yea what happend to duck tales darkwig duck and all that animation?
  14. Ilikemuppets New Member

Maybe they were all ducked out?

I would see anything of Disney's that it traditional animation at this point. Especially a good movie! And it's even better that they are returning back to their roots in storytelling!
  15. muppets2 New Member

yea i was getting tired of pixar glad they brought animation back
  16. Ilikemuppets New Member

That's interesting. I'm not tired of Pixar at all. They haven't put out one single movie that that wasn't good to me.

What I'm tired is it the whole 3d trend in general and how quickly people were to jump on it and the quantity of it all. There's just so muhc bad 3D out there and it's tiring. But there needs to be a balance.

But I love Pixar!
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Me neither and me too. To both counts. Pixar is an amazing animation company, and the odd thing is, while they're responsible for the CGI boom, they care more about traditional animation than any other company. Disney put their animation studio in good hands here. Pixar's movies never fail to impress... even weaker fare like "Cars" was breathtaking.

And it really is the other companies who see Pixar's success (and Dreamworks) as an excuse to cash in and make celebrity voiced CGI kid flicks without an iota of soul and substance. look at Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or Open Season. Heck, look at Sony animation period. They have NO BUSINESS in the business.

What I think everyone else is forgetting was even before CGI we had a lot of wanna be Disney studio pictures. I'm sure anyone can name any 5 Disney 2-D films that came out in the past 20 years.... now... can anyone name any other films from other studios besides American tale and Land Before Time? Dreamworks made that Sinbad 2-D movie that flopped... there's We're Back (which I've never seen and only heard of)... and the sad, sad case of Iron Giant. Now that movie sadly sunk because it didn't have the Disney logo slapped on it. Face it, people denied themselves a classic.
  18. muppets2 New Member

i agree im tired of the 3-D trend too
    im not saying they wernt good (toy story 2 one of my fav movies)
    im just saying that im glad that we can take a break from computer generated movies for a bit
  19. muppets2 New Member

i just saw preview of the movie and i really liked the animation im now 100% sure im going to see it
  20. Ilikemuppets New Member

I saw the first five minute of it and it looks very trite and more Disney than any Disney movie I've ever seen before. It was over preachy and dream come true and wish upon a star-y. It was overly Disney smarmy like Disney can be! *sigh*

You can't even give people ten seconds. Can't they relax?...

By the way, there's no way the father isn't going to die. :rolleyes:

Sorry Disney, better luck next time.