Why did they cancel Muppets Tonight so quickly?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, man! I was so hoping Geordi would just breakdown and cry right there! Just get overly emotional! He cried, and if you look real closely, Levar Burton did an excelent job on protraying his emotions, but, the camera angle they chose was just.... You couldn't tell!

I cried too.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter

I cried too.
...there's nothing wrong with that! i just don't cry at movies! it was sad....though once you think about B-4 you get all confused, but that's ok!

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
Hey, speaking of "doing well", how's Star Trek Nemesis doing over there? It is doing awful over here, for various reasons. I liked it, but it's not doing well over here. Doing well there?
I haven't followed it, but from what i gather it's doing very well - it's on a channel that shows things like Stargate and Deep Space 9 so it fits in pretty well.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Er, I think you're thinking of Enterprise, Luke. Nemesis is the new Next Generation movie.

Thanx, though. It's good to see I'm not the only person who actually likes Enterprise. (the majority of the US population hates teh show. The only reason most fans watch it is because they're loyal.)

Luke

Reaction score
Ooops sorry - yeah i sometimes get my Sci-Fi shows mixed up ! LOL !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score

Thanx, though. It's good to see I'm not the only person who actually likes Enterprise. (the majority of the US population hates teh show. The only reason most fans watch it is because they're loyal.)
it'll be ok as soon as it finds it's niche...the writing just has to develop a tad!

Sarah

Movies205

Reaction score
I cry at the end of STar Trek Nemesis, the only other movie I cry at was REquiem for a Dream. As for Nemesis it doing all right not as good as the prequals did in the box office but... that because of Lord of the RIngs. It made 35 mil so far with a 70 mil budget. I has 35 mil. left to go to break even.

Thijs

Reaction score
1 Clifford

2 The music is all so modern. Come on, rap + muppets? Terrible combi. And ok, no more electric Mayhem, ok. But at least show us who the new band members are!!!!!

3 To much story, to little act. While there is an act on the stage, you see Clifford and Rizzo doing something! Hey, I want to see the act!!!

4 The audience. That `whoooo` at the beginning, when Clifford comes on stage. Yek!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
1 Clifford

2 The music is all so modern. Come on, rap + muppets? Terrible combi. And ok, no more electric Mayhem, ok. But at least show us who the new band members are!!!!!

3 To much story, to little act. While there is an act on the stage, you see Clifford and Rizzo doing something! Hey, I want to see the act!!!

4 The audience. That `whoooo` at the beginning, when Clifford comes on stage. Yek!
*smiles* i think we got a little off topic...but that's ok!!!!

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's not why they cancelled it, those are definitely issues some people had with the show. All good points too!