Why is Mokey being forgotten?

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
i remember that one! my grandmother taped that episode.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Well I think that showed a great example of Mokey being den mother.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
ILuVERNIE said:
i remember that one! my grandmother taped that episode.
I think you have not scene as many Fraggle Rock episodes as you need. Mokey is a key character. She is tied with Boober, if not ahead of him. Than Wembley, than Red and Gobo. But to say Mokey is not a "Key" Character, thats like saying Bert isn't a Key Character. Just cause Ernie has more air time, shouldn't mean Bert is pushed out of the picture.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
To the couple of people who say "Mokey isn't popular", well, obviously that's just not true. Just look at all of us Mokey fans here coming to her defense.

And this stuff about her "not being active in the series" or "not much in season 1" is nonsense. "Preachification", "Finger of Light", "Great Radish Famine", "Mokeys' Funeral", and "New Trash Heap in Town", are five HUGE Mokey episodes---she is obviously the star in these, and in cases like "Preach" and "Famine", her immense screen time makes the other fraggles look like cameos. She was also a part of the spiritual trinity of "Capture the Moon" with her fellow fraggles Gobo and Wembley, and even "I Want to be You" showed the viewer how terrific Mokey is by letting us see how everyone loves her, and Red wants to be her.

It's simply, IMO, that since she's a little older than the others she's appreciated more by older viewers than the little kids FR is aimed at, so the marketers don't think Mokey=hyperactive kids. Also, because of her eyes, she doesn't "look" as fun and hyperactive as the others---that's one reason I hated her when I was little, simply the look of her (I didn't understand what on earth she wanted to hang around "fun" fraggles for), but as I got to know her on the show I fell in love with her, and she is by far my favorite character.

She was a part of the series that the show couldn't be without...she was the kindest, gentlest, most maternal of the fraggle five and thought about other characters' hearts and feelings first and foremost, which made her quite unique. And she has a wonderfully subtle sense of humor.

And these manufacturers are going to hear from me about it.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
If this is a petition, then I'll definitely sign it, here and now. Mokey's my second fave (compared to Boober :flirt: (And yeah, I'm a loon.)) of the Fraggle Five, and after hearing about and noticing this lack of her... I just feel like she needs to be in the loop more often.

- Morgan "Clueless" Goat

(PS: I'm bad with words, so the phrase 'in the loop' might not be used right. :embarrassed:)

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Why? It wouldn't be the Fraggle Five w/out Mokey!!! :cry: :zany: :mad: