Why is Mokey being forgotten?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I don't understand how any Fraggle fan can actually not like a fraggle. Sure we may have our least favorites, but actually disliking a character? That's kind of harsh for such a sweet, innocent show that promotes goodness and tolerance and learning about each other and the world. Red is my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't like her...I do, it's just that I enjoy the others in gradual doses of "more" leading up to loving Mokey the most because I think she's the greatest.

Not having Mokey would be like "The Golden Girls" not having Rose or "Designing Women" not having Charlene or "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" not having Mary Richards, or countless other examples of classic television shows feature ensemble casts (though MTM is more MTm's show) relying on every character to support the show, like a many-legged table. Take one away, and it's just not the same---it doesn't hold up. Case in point: "Golden Girls" tried it without Dorothy once B.A. left "Girls" and called it "The Golden Palace", and the show just couldn't stand without all of the major characters---taking away one of the main intimate group just didn't cut it.

FraggleFan

Reaction score
okay..

i think it's ridiculous to even think for a second that mokey is an unimportant or unpopular character. without mokey you don't have fraggle rock! period!

she plays a huge role throughout the show, it's so bizarre to see the cover art without her. it's just unbalanced! she has her very own key episodes that have already been pointed out here, beautiful songs, she is a deep thinker with a huge heart.

it's disappointing to hear sababa has cancelled her. i think she'd be a cute little plushie. it's interesting because she was one of the first four that hasbro produced. they left boober and uncle matt out until later.. but she has been included in all the plush and pvc lines.

i dunno, i guess i'm a bit surprised at the folks who think fraggle rock could go on without mokey. each of the fraggles are extremely important to one another and to us! it's just sad to know anyone thinks otherwise.

oh.. and just a sidebar... i could not imagine the golden girls without rose!!! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that some of us here should send Hit! (or perhaps Henson) an e-mail asking them about the lack of Mokey.

Of course, The Gorgs haven't gotten much attention from Hit! or Sabbaba either. Sabbaba has released Doozer plushes and PVCs but not Gorg plushes and PVCs (and all of the Gorgs are specific characters, while most Doozers are generic and very few besides Cotterpin are popular). Jim Henson Video and Hit! have both released videos that focused on Doozer-themed episodes, but neither company ever released any Gorg videos (though there is still time for Hit! to). Heck, back in 1984, there was a Doozer Music video, but not a Gorg Music video.

I would have thought that kids would find Boober more boring than Mokey (though I've always liked Boober better).

King Prawn

Reaction score
I just don't understand it. When the single releases with 3 episodes each started to come out I noticed the lack of Mokey on the covers but i didn't think much of it, seeing as not many episodes centered around her. Then Sababa started putting out the plush Fraggles and though Mokey was never made it was understandable, they planned to make her and the line tanked or whatever and for diffrent reasons she wasn't made but whats the point of this, releasing Season 2 and for no reason at all leaving Mokey out of it. The Fraggles have always been 5 even if Season 2 has no episodes which focus around MOkey which it does she should still be on it. There is no reason to leave her out i'll hate to find her on the side of the cover, I'll be getting the set regardless but come on this is started to look silly. :excited:

I just hope if the Fraggle Movie ever gets round to being made that they don't leave Mokey out of it

BEAR

Reaction score
FraggleFan said:
oh.. and just a sidebar... i could not imagine the golden girls without rose!!! :smile:

It wouldn't be without her, just like it couldn't be without Bea Arthur's character in the spin-off. Without all four points of the compass, it gets lost.

BEAR

Reaction score
Not including a picture of Mokey on the cover art is trivial compared to my question. Why isn't Kathy Mullin participating in any of this?????????? She is the only other living and still active performer not involved with these releases in any way.