1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Worried about going into high school...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by bouncingbabyfig, Aug 27, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Don't share your GPA with anyone. Its an easy way to lose friends
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Grade Point Average

A lot of high schools have a GPA system just like in college. It really doesn't mean a whole lot in the long run, but having a lower GPA than someone else is something that makes a lot of friends stoop talking to each other. I had a friend who stopped talking to me because of that, among other things :/
  4. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I'm one of the smartest kids in my class...but evryone thinks I'm mentally challenged because:
    1. I apparently nevr talk
    2. when I am talking it's probably a question
    3. everyone in my class is an ignorant jerk!
    I love everyone >=)
  5. Vincent Liu

Self promoting and trashing everyone else. :p
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

huh?
  7. bouncingbabyfig

bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

Well, this is how my day went: Fot on bus, found first period, enjoyed teacher. Tried to find second period, epic fail. Loved my history teacher she is AMAZING! Went to lunch, waited half an hour to get food. Butt touches the seat right when the bell rings. Didn't eat. Made it to math class, not too horrible. Found Health class, teacher gave me head ache, but nice enough. Tomorrow my fun day begins!!!
  8. Vincent Liu

Well, because you said
    and
    mo likes this.
  9. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

It's been 5 years since I graduated High School so yes, I'd give you some advice. It's a huge world outside high school. Good people can come from anywhere. Be yourself and don't let anyone change who you are or what you like in life. Think positive. And stand up for yourself if something makes you feel uncomfortable, go to the teachers, the princable, talk it out. You deserve to feel comfortable when getting a proper education. Good Luck :)
  10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I just left High School, and I really can't think of anything to add that hasn't already been said. Just be yourself. Ignore the cliques, gossip, drama, etc. And I do agree that throughout High School, you'll find out way more about yourself than you ever thought possible. You'll get used to the new surrounding pretty quickly, and I'm sure you'll make new friends. I would suggest joining clubs/groups that you might be interested in. You'll probably find a lot of kids with similar interests as you. I wouldn't worry about things like not being popular, not falling in love, etc.. You've got your whole life ahead of you. First days are always at least somewhat rough, but tomorrow's going to be much better! Good luck. And to quote mupcollector1, "no matter what anyone says, don't let anyoe change who you are". You're going to be fine! :)
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Ive been out of hs for 10 years and I'll be blunt I don't miss it or the people I graduated with. Lol.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Figgie, bring your own lunch -- it's easier and probably a heckuva lot better tasting! I ate in the school lunchroom once...ONCE. Immediately moved to the courtyard and brought my own every day.

People who drop their friends due to lower GPAs? Seriously? That's not much of a friend! Granted, many of mine were competitors in the honors/gifted/AP classes along with me, but even in my "average" classes I found peeps I could relate to and vice versa. A redneck kid was very nice to me once and threatened some of his friends who were being rude to me, which won him points immediately from my standpoint, and I very much doubt his IQ was over 100, much less possessor of a high GPA.
    --------------
  13. Pinkflower7783

Welcome to high school!!! :wisdom:
  14. Vincent Liu

Looking forward to school tomorrow. I'm gonna miss MC forums, though.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Hope you have a good school year Vincent. :wisdom:
  16. Mo Frackle

Good luck, Vincent.
  17. Vincent Liu

Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning German, and meet the French exchange student (who speaks English) in my class.
  18. Mo Frackle

Sounds like it's going to be a fun year. Are you still going to have time to stop by the forum?
  19. Vincent Liu

About 6~7 am (UTC+8). No guarantee, though.
  20. Mo Frackle

Gosh. Well, if you're not going to be coming back for awhile, we're going to miss you!