Worst TMS guest stars

D

Dil

OK, then Kermit it is. But he would've worn his tux throughout the years and use muppet liknesses of every guest star, besides Juliet Prowse, Connie Stevens, Paul Williams, and Andy Williams.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Marky said:
If anyone posts the Star Wars episode here, they answer to ME!

:attitude:
Hey dude. I'm with yah. It's not just a Mark Hamil Episode... I mean, George Lucas and Jim Henson had a great relationship. C-3PO and R2D2 on Sesame Street... Various Star Wars clips in Muppet Babies... even Piggy and Beau riding the Star Tours ride in Muppets at WDW. Mark was grating at times, but it showed he can do something besides be Luke Skywalker. That Hamminess helped him greatly for his role as the Joker in Batman TAS. And I think he's up with the other great Jokers like Ceasar Romero and Jack Nicholson.

And I SERIOUSLY could never disagree more with anyone who posted Gilda Radner. She was one of the only ones from SNL to actually get the magic of the "Mucking Fuppets" (as John Belushi described them). Jane Curtain and Dan Akroyd would later see that same magic, but only years later on Sesame Street (or in Dan's case, "Soul Man")

Not to mention Paul Simon... did you and I see the same episode? He totally got into it, upstaging the Muppets, especially that scene with Gonzo. That was great.

I do say, I didn't like Jim Nabors or Bruce Forsythe. I need to see others before I make a real judgement.

But the one thing (unless I've already stated it before) that makes one a bad guest is if they don't like the muppets and just want to do it for their career or something. And Ashanti in MWO... she pretty much made the entire thing worse than it had to be.

Marky

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree about Jim Nabors and Bruce Forsythe. Lena Horne was kind of.. meh.

Man, the only season fresh in my mind is season one, the only one I have on DVD. I can't remember the other 4 as well.

Er... do they get funnier, like the early movies? I'm having a muppet memory lapse!

:concern:

D

Dil

I say. Who would like TMS better if Kermit was still wearing his tux, instead of usually only wearing his collar, and in every episode (besides the one starring Juliet, Connie, and the two men whose last name is Williams) feature a mupept likeness of the guest stars?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Dil said:
I say. Who would like TMS better if Kermit was still wearing his tux, instead of usually only wearing his collar, and in every episode (besides the one starring Juliet, Connie, and the two men whose last name is Williams) feature a mupept likeness of the guest stars?
Dil, this has nothing to do with the thread topic. Stay ON TOPIC.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Dil, this has nothing to do with the thread topic. Stay ON TOPIC.
Dil does do that, but to be fair that does happen everyonce in awhile with almost anyone.

As for Dil's comments on Kermit being the host, first off with Kermit being serious. Kermit was more serious than the other Muppets, but that was the point. He was the man trying to keep everything together and trying to hold down this family of crazies. It was even said that if the Muppets had basketball teams the score would always be frogs 99, choas 98, so that's what made Kermit great. Second as for Kermit always wearing his tux, no I don't feel that it would of made the Muppet Show any better or worse for that matter. Kermit's trademark is how he looks without the tux.

Overall Dil, what does it matter, the show was done in 1981 that's 25 years. Dil I think you just post pointless things to get your post number up. Which is really annoying.:attitude: :smirk:

Marky

Reaction score
BACK ON TOPIC...

So, I see no one has countered my point on Rachel Welsh...

Jon

Reaction score
I agree with you. i find nothing offensive about it at all.

It really is a shame how people self censor themselves in this age.

I always thought part of the muppet's drive was of sending up previous generation's tastes in culture: Wayne and Wanda.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
It's okay Dil. Also, about the Rachel Welsh episode: I didn't mean to say I agreed the episode should banned, I just meant I didn't like parts of it. Women dressed liked that is not something I want to see.