Worst TMS guest stars

David French

Reaction score
That wouldn't even work. Guy Smiley is too straight-laced for The Muppet Show. Besides that, Gameshow Hosts are notorious for being a bit pompous and I don't think Guy would fit in with the other Muppets.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Dil said:
Are you sure Kermit is perfect?
Well they first did the show with Nigel and that didn't really work.

Kermit has more charisma.

David French

Reaction score
Dil said:
Are you sure Kermit is perfect?
Perfect in general or perfect for the role?

In the case of the former - no one (not even the Muppets) are perfect. In the case of the latter - of all the Muppets that took on the role of introducing acts or being host of the show throughout the whole episode...none were as good as Kermit.

And anyway, isn't he considered to be the leader of the Muppets? So why would you relegate him to second banana?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You're in your own world with the Guy Smiley thing there Dil, :wink: .

D

Dil

What do you prefer, a SERIOUS Muppet Host (such as Kermit) or a Silly Muppet Host (such as Statler and Waldorf?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Kermit may be one of the most straight faced of all the Muppets, but he is DEFINITELY not serious. He's always there making a pig joke, cracking a one-liner or just being his own funny self.

I don't understand WHY we're talking about how Guy Smiley would've made a better host than Kermit. I'm not going to add fuel to fire by agreeing or disagreeing, but the fact remains, The Muppet Show was thirty years ago, and guess what? Kermit was the host. He always has been and always will be. You can't change that by making other people believe it. Or should Disney edit all of the other Muppet show episodes and superimpose Guy Smiley of Kermit? (I'm sure they could do it while they're editing Eren Ozker's Janice voice...) :rolleyes:

David French

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Kermit may be one of the most straight faced of all the Muppets, but he is DEFINITELY not serious. He's always there making a pig joke, cracking a one-liner or just being his own funny self.

I don't understand WHY we're talking about how Guy Smiley would've made a better host than Kermit. I'm not going to add fuel to fire by agreeing or disagreeing, but the fact remains, The Muppet Show was thirty years ago, and guess what? Kermit was the host. He always has been and always will be. You can't change that by making other people believe it. Or should Disney edit all of the other Muppet show episodes and superimpose Guy Smiley of Kermit? (I'm sure they could do it while they're editing Eren Ozker's Janice voice...) :rolleyes:
LOL!

D

Dil

Kermit would've stayed in Sesame Street, as another muppet who would probably have the same charisma of Kermit's and be the host, (Not to mention Nigle of course).

David French

Reaction score
Dil said:
Kermit would've stayed in Sesame Street, as another muppet who would probably have the same charisma of Kermit's and be the host, (Not to mention Nigle of course).
If he'd done that, then TMS would have never have been the worldwide hit it became.