Worst TMS guest stars

David French

Reaction score
Dil said:
You gotta! because hosts would be in tuxes, rather than being naked.

Guy Smiley would be a maniac of a host, as Kermit (who still would have worn a tux through out the Muppet Show Years) would have been the Co-host, being more calm than in the later TMS seasons.
Kermit was only naked when his collar was removed. Otherwise, he was more "overdressed" when wearing a tux or costume. And I don't remember Kermit being less calm as TMS progressed over the years. In fact, I would have said that he did become more calmer as the show progressed.

As for Guy Smiley - from memory he used to wear a suit but not a tux. And he was more of a gameshow host than a comedy variety show host as well.

D

Dil

Guy Smiley would have been both a gameshow host AND a comedy variety show host as well, I say.

Kermit was somewhat acted more energetic in his introductions in the 4th and 5th Season than in the 1st (of course), 2nd and 3rd season.
But...
Guy Smiley would have been everybody's favorite comedy variety show host, as Kermit would have been everybody's favorite comedy variety show CO-host.

David French

Reaction score
Dil said:
Guy Smiley is funnier.
Yeah, right! I don't ever remember Guy Smiley ever coming up with one-liners, pulling expressions (like Kermit regularly did) or even breaking the fourth wall to his audience in *any* of his appearances on Sesame Street.

Marky

Reaction score
I think Dil is pulling our collective flippers - I mean legs!

D

Dil

Oh yeah? Well The Muppet Show IS a comedy variety show, and Guy Smiley would make a hilarious host, a more mad host, being even more funnier than Kermit, who would be the CO-host. Although Kermit would STILL be one of the most important characters, Guy Smiley would be the host, though Kermit would still introduce HIS numbers. Kermit still would be the main star of the muppet-movies. Guy sure would make a more powerful "YAYYY!!" than Kermit.

Marky

Reaction score
Dil said:
Oh yeah? Well The Muppet Show IS a comedy variety show, and Guy Smiley would make a hilarious host, a more mad host, being even more funnier than Kermit, who would be the CO-host. Although Kermit would STILL be one of the most important characters, Guy Smiley would be the host, though Kermit would still introduce HIS numbers. Kermit still would be the main star of the muppet-movies. Guy sure would make a more powerful "YAYYY!!" than Kermit.
He's too Sesme Street.

David French

Reaction score
Marky said:
He's too Sesme Street.
He also doesn't have the same personality that Kermit has either.

Also I don't think Guy could have handled the other Muppets like Kermit did.

D

Dil

Kermit WOULD handle the other muppets, while Guy Smiley is the host. It would be a different version, but Kermit would still star the same way, except in the introductions.