Your Favorite Series 5 Figure is...

What is your favorite action figure from series 5?

• Gonzo in Purple Tux and Camilla

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Janice

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Muppet Newsman

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Pepe

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Janice Repaint

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
I noticed the foot issue too and yes compared to Scooter and the PIS the stance of these figures looks a little more life-like. I am amazed at all the articulation on this set of figures. I love the extra articulation to the head of the Newsman and Janice. And the way the Newman turns at the waist works well with the way his hips bend. Even the joints on his jacket are painted plad. I can't find a perfect Gonzo. All of them have paint issues. So I opted for one with clothing paint issues vs face paint issues.

Gonzo is my fav. So weird to have a Gonzo toy with his nose well represented. He looks so strange among my other Gonzos. Strange in Gonzo's case is always a "good thing".

Chad Kermit

DrummerMan

Reaction score
The only one I bought for myself was Janice, since I'm only collecting The Electric Mayhem (I ordered Gonzo for a friend, but haven't seen him yet). I was impressed with many aspects of her, especially the detail in the tamborine, but I was disappointed that, unlike Floyd's bass, her guitar isn't plugged into the amp, and she doesn't have a strap. This isn't really a big deal, except it stands out pretty bad when she is on display with the rest of the band.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
People hated that plug. LOL! Most of us snapped it off of the speaker to make him more mobile. It would be nice if the plug were removeable, but that's added cost. Palisades listened to the fan concerns and made adjustments. :flirt: :sing:

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Gonzo is by far the best...

OK, I chose Gonzo in part because he's my favorite Muppet by far anyway. I was always the weirdo in school and thus, we related well. Anyway, they really captured Gonzo in all his glory with this fig, right down to his little rubber bowtie. He's also the most well articulated figure in the whole set, methinks... Well, he is possibly overshot by Zoot (in fact he is) but Zoot still doesn't hold a candle to Gonzo. His paint apps are perfect, his nose curves are perfect, his rubber hair fronds are perfect as well. I love him. What else can I say.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yay! I just got series five today! Unfortunatley, there were a few problems w/ my set:

Pepe: He can't hold his blow dryer in his hand so that it's facing toward him (as if he was blowing his hair)

Newsman: Face has a couple blotches on it, and the neck joint's a little loose in one position. Also, the Newsman isn't as "Muppety-textured" as the others (not sure if it's supposed to be like that.)

However, I love how you can put the stickers on the Newsman backdrop (too bad you can't put 'em all on!) and the telephone is super cool, everything's super cool about S5!!! :big_grin: My fave is Pepe :rolleyes:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Yay! I just got series five today! Unfortunatley, there were a few problems w/ my set:

Pepe: He can't hold his blow dryer in his hand so that it's facing toward him (as if he was blowing his hair)
My Pepe figure is the same, I'm not sure if its a problem, maybe its supposed to be like that. The prong that connects the blow dryer to his hand is also very loose on mine too.

The newsman had a few minor paint problems but it really is fine. I love series 5, its much better than the next series anyway.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Also, a question about Pepe: is he supposed to be able to stand on his own w/o a stand? 'Cause on mine, his left foot is tilted so that he can't stand no matter what way you put his legs.

Phamos818

Reaction score
I was disappointed that gonzo can't hold his bugle. that makes it pretty useless, IMHO. he is beautiful, though, and having camilla is really great.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Gonzo can hold his bugle, you just have to put it in his hand so that he holds it, he just can't hold it up to his mouth.

Whatever

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Gonzo can hold his bugle, you just have to put it in his hand so that he holds it, he just can't hold it up to his mouth.
Like Rizzo and his piece of pizza!