1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your signature-explain yourselves!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by HPDJ, May 18, 2005.

1. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

My new signature:

You do not sound the horn during a sneak attack!

Is another quote I made up, inspired by a quote from Futurama: Bender's Game.
  2. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Simple: animals are my friends, so I don't eat them.
  3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Currently, my signature is two different quotes:

The first one, "Simple is good," is one of Jim Henson's quotes that, if I'm remembering correctly, was in the It's Not Easy Being Green book of quotes and lyrics from Muppets, Muppeteers, etc. :)

The second one, "Purple trousers!" was just something my friend Erin randomly said one day that just happened to become the catchphrase of her, Britt, and me. :crazy:
  4. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Hmm- well, with both the green and purple colors there, I was thinking maybe the second one was a tribute to The Incredible Hulk!;):):cool:
  5. Gelfling Girl

Or maybe I could think up a third quote to put in a yellowish color, then it would be Mardi Gras colors, LOL.
  6. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Well, for me, it's a tribute to Beaker. Poor guy had it rough from the start.
  7. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Still does!

Mine's not too thought out. I made it because I like Bohemian Rhapsody and the "Win Webby!" part was added when the video won the Webby!
  8. DreeRAWRScooter

DreeRAWRScooter New Member

Obviously my siggy and screen name are because of my favorite muppet. It happened when a friend was telling me that I liked the muppets more than "regular" artists. Then it hit me that I did, and was proud to do so, and so I wrote the siggy. :flirt:
  9. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

DreeRAWScooter, you got the most awesome siggy IMO ;) haha

My signature - well, again promoting my favourite character and my group dedicated to him, Scooter-nut that I am!
  10. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

My signature now, for those who don't recognize it, is a tribute to my favorite scene in Follow That Bird. :grouchy:
  11. Gelfling Girl

I'll need to come up with something new tomorrow, but here's my current signature:

Yeah...I'm <3ing the series so far, and I'll probably be trying to convince my mom to take me to the bookstore tomorrow morning.
  12. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

My signature these days is a line from "Don Quixote," by Nik Kershaw - which is an homage to the novel by Cervantes. Cool song, and love the video too.

Nik's rapidly becoming one of my favorite musicians - his songs have been getting stuck in my head quite a bit lately. :)
  13. Gelfling Girl

So, trying not to be outdated, I changed my signature now that I'm reading (or about to read) the new RTL book. Here's my current one:

"Not now...I'm busy fantasizing myself in the Labyrinth...With Jareth and Sir Didymus. ;D
    "
  14. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I changed mine because I thought that it was so funny how Kermit read Fozzie's script during the beginning of the Harry Belafonte episode!
  15. DreeRAWRScooter

DreeRAWRScooter New Member

Omg, I remember that.
    Yeah, that was HILARIOUS. :):o
  16. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Mine is shameless advertising, and a mention of my real E-mail address, since if you try to E-mail me through this site it'll go to an address I never check.
  17. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

My newest current signature:

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, could it still squash you flat?

Is just a random phrase that popped into my head and made me laugh. :crazy:
    Muppet fan 123 and kyunkyua like this.
  18. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, bring back memories, anyone?

Anyway, I dug this thread up because I just added to my signature, and I wanted to share the story behind it with the world. Well, part of the story. I lost the link to the actual story, but will dig it up if anyone really wants to see it. Anyway...

It's the exact date and time when I hit 1000 posts, which I now consider more important, since it's hard to see your post count now and impossible to see that of others. If you've got such markers in your signatures, hold on to 'em folks!
    :)
    Then is my request for people to vote for the old Disney show Adventures In Wonderland on DVD, followed by a quote from a funny TMNT fanfic I just read. I saw it and right away knew I had to have it!
    :D
    It's said by a 5-year-old Michelangelo.

1000 posts, August 19, 2006, 10:03 PM
    Please vote for Adventures In Wonderland
    www.tvshowsondvd.com
    "Can I change my name too? I wanna be Big Bird. He's cool."
    heralde likes this.
  19. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Dr. Rabbit.
  20. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member