1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Kevin Knight New Member

Let us know how General Tso's Kitty dinner is after your done with the cats. :o Plus you have a long time before having a Rowlf to scare them away. And to think I'm concerned with sunlight and environmental damage!
  2. Was Once Ernie New Member

Okay, so I'm a little late to the game, but I finally have a picture to share.

Here it is: Animal Greets Kermit

:p
  3. Kevin Knight New Member

Guys any opinions or suggestions on Where I should order my animal? I've seen alot of talk about discounts, online codes, don't order from her order from these guys. So I could use some help here. Even if it's wait these guys will be dropping their price. Thanks

Kevin
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah I wouldnt do it. my MR Animal looks fine. :busy: I'm NOT tryin to bash here but some of them that members have trimmed look... i dont know?.... bad to me. like he has a fro or somthing! :super:
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Kev, I pre-ordered mine from www.thesabervault.com
    back in May 07 and got him around Nov 08 but I just looked and it says hes "SOLD OUT" from there so that might not help ya now :batty:
  6. antonydavanzo New Member

Not all of them look bad......I guess it depends on which version of Animal you are basing your replica on.....if you went for Modern then you would have to pluck a lot of hair out:D .
  7. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what type of feathers are used on the Master replicas Animal?
  8. antonydavanzo New Member

I think Ostrich......anyone care to correct me:confused: as I am not too sure.
  9. antonydavanzo New Member

I use 2 very small pins, it has not damaged the foam in any way........so far:)
  10. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Cheers Antony:D However if your wrong...:grouchy:
  11. antonydavanzo New Member

If Im right ;) think of all the poor birds that were used to make him:eek:
  12. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi,

It is Ostrich Feather plumes, it says so in the card that comes with Animal, I read it again last night!

Chris
  13. antonydavanzo New Member

That must take a long time to prep those feathers!
  14. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Awww man, all I can see now is naked Ostrichs just roaming around a field looking cold and lost and eating jam sandwiches to try and make themselves happy and they keep looking at old pictures when they used to have hair and get all sad and turn to the drink. They get p***ed on just two sips and start laying into each other and gradually they knock one another to the floor. The next day, they make friends, although theres still some underlying ill-feelings about the night before, and they make themselves grass skirts to cover their naughtyness, then they die! Darn it! Why? WHY?
  15. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Or... not. :p

Kidding! I loved your ostrich story!
  16. markit Member

Can't wait to add Gonzo to the rest of the gang,

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/markit78/DSCN4343cr.jpg

I swear I spend an alarming amount of time just staring at these guys! It's so amazing to be able to have actual Muppets in the house , well, the closest possible thing without being a talented puppet builder.
    Anyone on here thought about lowering Animal's nose slightly, whenever I push it down, I really feels it resembles him even more, but i'm not sure how to go about doing it, maybe a bit of fabric glue underneath, sorry if this has already been touched upon.
    Counting down the days til the arrival of the lil blue fella! :)
  17. IgorPonweed New Member

Seriously considering getting a Kermit. I just started Goozex so most of my money has still went to video games. Plus buying the ones that Goozex won't have.
  18. muppetperson Well-Known Member

I was wondering if Animal's tongue was altered for the group picture on muppetcentral's home page? My Animal's tongue takes up the whole depth of the mouth and just touches his teeth, whereas the Animal in the picture has a tongue that gaps before his teeth.Or did they change Animal during manufacturing?
  19. Was Once Ernie New Member

The tongue touches the teeth on my Animal.

:p
  20. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree - my Animal's tongue appears to be a fraction too large and very close to the teeth. It's not a material or thickness issue.