1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Jan 15, 2008.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

But your Animal's tongue looks like it is at least half an inche away from the teeth? My animal tongue sits directly behind the teeth, so either they changed the tongue size or mouth plate size during production.I think I remember now something about someone returning their Animal because of a fault, and something was different about the mouth plate from the previous one?
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It depends, I guess. The mouth's lower jaw is rather flexible and tends to bend outward when posed popping the tounge's edges up and away from the teeth. At a resting position without the stand the teeth and tongue are very close together. There's something a little freaky with the mouth's design from a manufacturing standpoint - jaw plate, hinge, tongue and flexibility. Just noting that bit, but I do love my Animal. :halo:
  3. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

4. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Yes, that is a perfect likeness... of Santa Claus after he had that unfortunate accident with the Easter Bunny and egg dye.

:p
  5. Telly

Telly Active Member

I think he's allergic to peeps.
  6. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

ROFL why don't they go back to the orginal Fisher Price Dolls, looks like they've also deformed Piggy and Kermit!

Miss Piggy

Kermit

Animal
  7. I love these companies for trying but the likenesses are getting worse as time goes on. Have people actually forgotten what The Muppets look like?
  8. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I'm sorry to say this but that Miss Piggy doll looks like a trollop :rolleyes:
  9. With stuff like that being sold is it any wonder that Piggy merchandise doesn't sell well anymore. Compare that to the Fisher Price toys of the 70's and there is no contest.
  10. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Here, Here!
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Animals a bute! Can't wait for them to do another one!
  12. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

Uh, they have. He's called Gonzo and he rocks!
  13. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Try this link. I've had good luck with this company. I don't know what glue you should use, although I did see a bottle of "Arlene's Tacky Glue" in a Muppet Workshop photo once. You can get it at Wal-Mart. hope this helps.

Convincing John
  14. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

With te disputes we've al had concerning animal's eye placement? If I can direct your attention to the drawings on each of your Animal boxes? WOW how blatent is that. "Sorry we know Disney wants them to be here, but where do we put the hinge'?" Am I right?

Kevin
  15. muppetperson

Sorry, dont catch what you are saying.Eye placement, drawings on boxes, hinges?
  16. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

yep i am not catching that either
    ;) wantig to know what he means to
  17. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

What I was saying was based on the drawings on the box, that come right from the disney designs for Animal. The eyes should've been closer together, as it has been disputed. I imagine based on "well how to we keep the brow straight if not hinged in the middle also?" They had to make concessions to the design by seperating the eyes. Phew! I don't rememebr being on the sauce today?

KK
    Kevin
  18. muppetperson

Just that you seemed to be asking questions, when it was more a statement and then I had to read the next sentence to complete the first sentence.So basically you are refering to the stencil drawings and instructions saying the factory havent followed them.Yes, the eyes should of been closer and they still could have worked out the closing eyelids.Look at the Palisades Animal for example.The nose states that it should not be circular, but it is.By the way, I think these illistrations date back to Hensons, not Disney.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hope this helps.

The drawings on Animal’s box are from some of the Muppet licensor art intended to demonstrate the correct ways to illustrate the characters. These aren't the puppet building instructions. Those designs are entirely different and are considered more of a trade secret.

These drawings do date back to Henson and I never really favored a lot of the drawn source material from their archives (with the exception of the Frith and Jim Henson conceptual art, of course). These drawings tend to be too cartoonish for my taste and needlessly erase much of what make the characters interesting and Muppety. I've seen good cartoon representations of the characters but they are rare.

The eye focus and jaw hinge placement were factory quality control issues that has the MR/Corgi team seeking a manufacturing source with better skills in the subtleties of Muppet building for Fozzie Bear. There are enough source images on Animal to have achieved a more accurate Animal, but it really depends on the factory.

The Henson Company has great committed, friendly folk, but they didn't keep the most comprehensive, organized records on their characters the way most other such companies would. Disney appears to be remedying this. They have a lot of thanks to give to Ken Lilly, the Palisades team and Muppet enthusiasts on this forum for helping out in recent years. Sometimes Disney has been a bit clumsy, but they are trying and more products are reflecting that. :)