1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Jan 15, 2008.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I got Animal today! Oh my gosh he's sooo cool and so huge! I'm getting excited just thinking of how I'm gonna spend the rest of my day off with him!

And I already have a pair of drum sticks so I don't need to worry about buying those, but where can I get a good quality replica-worthy spiked collar and chain? (Online or otherwise). Yes he looks fine without it, but I'd really like to get one for him.

Oh and a cool story: I was watching The Muppet Movie waiting for Animal to arrive (I knew he was coming today) and as I was opening him and I got to the part where I took the plastic bag off of him the part in the movie was on where Animal saves the day by eating the insta-grow pills! :halo: totally awesome.
  2. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Glad you like him, but trust me when I say over the coming days and weeks he will get even BETTER! ! ! ! ! As soon as his feathers settle he really starts to like like the real thing
  3. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i am hoping to get animal sometime soon. i've been begging my parents to get me one of the MR muppets for my birthday/christmas. i am mostly hoping for Kermit though. out of the 3 released MR muppets, i would probobly get animal last. but knowing that he is only limited to 1500 copies, i may get him if i dont get him for chritmas. if anyone has all 3 of the MR muppets, please tell me your opinion on each one. :) just send me a private message if you can.
  4. Davina

Davina Member

well Nick, I believe Kermit is sold out, so you'd have to get _really_ lucky on the secondary market.
    I do love my Kermit to death though.. he's just so cool...
    The other two should be arriving at my house later this week and I can't wait.
  5. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

kermit is actually still available on amazon. :) i am going to try and save up my money to buy him if i dont get him for my birthday or christmas
  6. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Right now, you can get a Kermit at Redford Films for only $120. Better get it now cause that is really a good deal!
  7. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

ebay always has them on there. Kermit is out there just waiting for you.
  8. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

thanks!:):) that really helps alot! thats the cheapest i've found any of them so far! kermit and animal together are only $399.99! which is usually the price of animal alone!:)
  9. Davina

Davina Member

he's here! Animal just arrived and has been taken out of his box. Right now he's sitting up on the shelf next to Kermit.. his "hair" really needs to settle down, right now it's all been squished up forward over his face... so you really can't tell what he looks like right now.. *sigh* ah well.. things should settle out in a day or two.. and tips for taming his do?
    right now i'm just too excited over his arrival to do any actual sort of critical review.. (and annoyed/anxious over Gonzo's arrival.. they apparently got put on different trucks.. darn them!) plus a lil groggy due to a really nasty head cold and meds.. but.. will be back with pics and review later (gotta find the spare camera batteries anyway..)
  10. Telly

Telly Active Member

After Christmas, Animal's MINE! We're moving out of our apartment December 1st and we don't have a place yet so I have to save up for deposit for a new place and all that. Plus I have 3 birthdays between November and December, not to mention Christmas. But after Christmas....:halo:
  11. Davina

Davina Member

12. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Nice pics, I love the ones with the drum set! My Animal is only holding a pair of drumsticks at the moment =P
  13. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Where exactly did u find such a tiny drum set? How much too? Once animals hair settles you'll love hime. Just a little tweaking in the posing especially in the necks and your set!

kk
  14. Davina

Davina Member

found it at walmart in the little kiddie stuff. was only about $20. we're thinking of painting it to make it look more... well.. more like a drum set Animal would own.. heh.. but that will probablly wait for a good while.. too cold to do big paint jobs like that right now since I'd want to spray it, and well, garage is too cold and outside has snow.. so.. it'll wait :)
  15. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

can anyone send me pictures of animal still in his box in the position he came in it please? it'd really help.:halo:
  16. kuzeh

kuzeh Member

I'm quite a bit late in the game
    but I wanted to share some quick snapshots of my recently acquired Animal replica!
    It's amazing!
    I still need to make quite a bunch of little adjustments,
    and this forums has been very helpful,
    but overall, it rocks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Cannibal

Cannibal New Member

Guess who's coming to dinner....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. lithiumbrain

lithiumbrain Member

Those shots look fantastic
  19. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

20. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

I just got Animal #37 today!
    This thing is great!

I got a little work ahead of me to get him up to where a lot of yours are, but he'll get there.

Lynn