1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a picture in the Muppet Show First Annual, There is a picture of Scooter and his face is very sparkly from light glare, so its been happeing a long time!! I think in a profesional set-up, with Flash screens and an antiglare lens he would photograph OK, I will be sure to experiment when mine arrives.

Chris
  2. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I just got mine in the mail today so I am very ecstatic right now. It's so lifelike. For those of you who haven't purchased one yet should probably find one now before they are all sold out. :) :) :)
  3. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

No, it was not done to spoil people's pictures. It's the material. I have a friend who made his own Kermit puppet out of Antron Fleece and when you photograph him with a flash the exact same thing happens. You have to use lighting instead of a flash.

And KermieBaby has posted a non-flash picture that looks wonderful.

:p
  4. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow New Member

Agreed. The material is spot on.

So, has anyone taken a look inside of one of these yet?

I gotta admit to being tempted to try to convert the MR into a workable puppet but I'm hesitant to do anything without knowing what's going on inside the body and head...

Tom
  5. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Ack!!! I can't even think about someone mutilating their MR Kermit! Eek!

Alright, my screaming-fit is now over. :D

Had some spare time today (after doing laundry, washing dishes, and taking out the trash, phew!), and decided to spend it reposing my MR Kermit. After I *very carefully* moved him around a bit, I came up with a satisfying pose, and it's not as static looking as before.

Lots of talk about lighting in this thread, so I opened up the curtain, pulled the blinds, got together a t-shirt, some boxes, a big canvas & a blanket, and took some new pics! I'm an amature, I know. :p

So without further ado (about nothing, hee), here's another link to some more pics of my Kermit. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do, I can't get over how cool he is!!! Money well spent.

:)
    Anthony
  6. Garland

Garland New Member

Beautiful Anthony, Great pics!!!! That is the Kermit we know and Love!
  7. KermieBaby47

Thanks G, that's just what I was thinking!

Have you been able to take any pictures yet?

I'm thinking that I'll have to get some kind of a case to set him in. Don't want him getting dusty, and I hate dusting!!!

8. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

See, that is how you photograph Kermit.
  9. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Natural light...love it!
  10. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Those pictures are perfect. They really capture :) 's personality and likeness!!!
  11. lithiumbrain

lithiumbrain Member

12. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Anthony,

Those are beautiful pictures! And they also prove how good these replicas are. It all comes down to learning how to pose him. If you can't come up with your own pose, copy one from a picture.

And I agree, I want to get a case for him to keep him from getting dusty. I still haven't taken mine out of the box and I'm really getting itchy to pose him! At least he's standing where I can see him, but he looks so serious with his mouth closed.

:p
  13. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I've just ordered mine from Forbidden Planet (they are still taking orders and there is no release date yet, hopefully it won't be too long now.) and if he looks like he does in those pics, he worth every single penny!:excited:
  14. Kermieuk

Thanks Once Again Kermiebaby47, what a fantastic pose and picture, that is Kermit!!

Once again this makes me want my Kermit even more, he's on his way, maybe in tomorrows post??:)

Chris
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Okay, now that looks awesome. Now I feel better that it's just that the pictures haven't been doing him justice until now. Nice job, Anthony!
  16. Davina

Davina Member

here here!!
    now if i can just hold out while the rest of the children's little furry pets die off, and one of them leaves for college or whatever so i can have my basement back.. so we can build the home theater/craft room with the giant display case for all the muppet stuff.. oh, and our home made lightsabers.. and hubby can build his computer room complete with built in flight sim...

as for posing.. has anyone gotten one of the child/doll director's chairs for him yet?? i've been thinking about it.. but wanted to wait til he actually shows up for proper size comparison...
  17. KermieBaby47

ROFL!!! Oh my gosh Davina, that was hilarious!!! And a little morbid, but who cares, ha ha! Those little critters tend to do that don't they. Ha ha, oh my gosh, so funny. Oh yeah, I've been looking at those childrens director's chairs for the last few weeks, but I really want one in black. Red would do I guess, but I'm stuck on black for some reason.

Dave, I'm especially happy to see that you've changed your tune!! That was my secret mission in case you didn't know. And why would you, why would anyone?? LOL.

Hey Chris, who knows, maybe he will show up tomorrow!! Another member over on CMX got his Kermit 1 day early to his extreme surprise. I'm really looking forward to hearing that you've gotten your Kermit!!! :)

Thanks much for your comments Earl!! Out of everyone, I just can't believe that you haven't taken him out yet and posed the heck out of him!! Can't wait to see how you pose him. EDIT: Oh yeah, I didn't use a previously done pose did I? Oh well, back to the drawing board, LOL.

Hey Muppet Danny, FB hasn't given a date yet? Weird. I hope that Amy or someone else from the fantastic Master Replicas finds this thread and is able to enlighten us on the UK front.

Thanks everyone for all the nice things you've said about those pictures!! Now give me something to look at too!!! :D

Cheers,
    Anthony
  18. Kermieuk

Thanks everyone for all the nice things you've said about those pictures!! Now give me something to look at too!!!

Hi Guys,

Another day and still no Kermit, Im sure the Post Office know when Im really waiting on getting something, and they hang on to it a bit longer just to make me wait!! lol.

Another day tomorrow, and its my day off work so it would be perfect timing if he is delivered tomorrow. I will then show some pics myself, I have some great ideas!!

Chris
  19. stiqman

stiqman New Member

Wowzeers!!!

I got my last Friday and I opened it right away and felt that I have given birth to a new green bouncy frog boy. I said out loud "Welcome home my froggy boy."

......I am currently in therapy!!!LOL

I think mine is the exact replica of the Kermit the Frog. I am extremly satisfied with the product and feel I got my full money's worth. I have been waiting for them to use the original patterns of kermit for all of my 34 years. I jumped at the chance and here it arrives. Great job MR and I am looking forward to the next character to come out!!!!!

By the way mine is numbered #52. Mine seem to be the lowest so far!!

Daryl H.
  20. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

I think mine is still at my friend's place in the US...I'm not sure she realises how important that delivery is!!!