Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
lithiumbrain said:
Nice! You have a nerd room in your house! I have one of those too!:smile:
:lol Every man needs a man cave!! It should be an grown up requirment. :lol

Whats in your man cave? Mines movie/TV Studio Scale replica prop models and large scaled models mostly.

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I've got the highest number reported so far... 251. And mine came a day later than all the others in Southern California.
I've got #480. There must be no rhym nor reason to what serial shipped with how many shipped.

Lynn

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Boba Lynn said:
:lol Every man needs a man cave!! It should be an grown up requirment. :lol

Whats in your man cave? Mines movie/TV Studio Scale replica prop models and large scaled models mostly.

Lynn
Pretty much full scale replicas and props from movies. I'm not too into toys, unless something really cool comes out. I do have a cave as well as displays in other rooms. Only in cases and mounted. Very neat and clean. A lot of Disneyland attraction artwork, Star Wars (original stuff...it helps to know people..wink wink), Horror films, and now I can start my Muppet collection. I am going to be moving into a new place soon so I think I am going to hold off on doing any crazy Kermit display. I plan on building a scaled banjo for him. I wish MR would do one. It would be a lot easier on me!:wink:

Viper

Reaction score
Just got mine today. kermit and the box look great, but I'm waiting till I get home to take him out. I think I will have to put the box on display too.

Garland

Reaction score
Mine arrived today too! Lovely! Well done Master Replicas.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hooray! Hope you guys have fun posing him!

Looking forward to some more pictures soon.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...

I'm really not feeling happy about the way that he looks in flash-photographs. If the point of Kermit is to be a poser for fans, why is it that he simply cannot be photographed to look nice? I'm rather teed by it, since that was my primary objective in buying him. I've been trying to tweek some of the other poster's photos with a photo-editing softwear, but I can't get him to look anything like right.

Is it possible that this was done purposefully? So that folks could tell the difference btween official and unofficial Kermit pics?

Other than the weird flash-fuzz, he looks grand.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hmm...

I'm really not feeling happy about the way that he looks in flash-photographs. If the point of Kermit is to be a poser for fans, why is it that he simply cannot be photographed to look nice? I'm rather teed by it, since that was my primary objective in buying him. I've been trying to tweek some of the other poster's photos with a photo-editing softwear, but I can't get him to look anything like right.

Is it possible that this was done purposefully? So that folks could tell the difference btween official and unofficial Kermit pics?

Other than the weird flash-fuzz, he looks grand.
Just a few thoughts...Aren't they only making synthetic fleece now? Different than what was used back in the 70's or 80's? Anything synthetic is going to have a plastic quality about it. That would show up with a flash. I mean, who knows how they actually lit those photo shoots for the calendars and such. Also...is it possible that a matte spray was used at times to hide the sheen of the fleece? Such as a make-up artist uses powder on a face? I have seen Kermit give off slightly different sheens over the years in photos and on TV. Just some thoughts on the subject...

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried taking a photo in strong natural light, without a flash?