1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 29, 2003.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm thinking that Statler and Waldorf were the surprise. :sleep: :boo: :sympathy:

2. JohnFranklin

JohnFranklin New Member

i'm getting set to head on ovet to the el capitan tonight. i'll be backstage for tonight's show. can't wait!

jf

3. NikZane

NikZane Member

I hoping that tonight, being the finally for Kermit's co-hosting, that we'll have a plethora of guest Muppets.

I can dream can't I? :D

4. Born2Roll

Born2Roll New Member

Muppets After Dark

I've enjoyed seeing Kermit on air lately, I only wish I wasn't in Philadelphia so that I could make a LIVE live show myself. Last night (Thursday) was the best yet because Steve seems to be really comfortable now. Kermit was a little stiff and ill at ease Monday night, but he's keeping up effortlessly now and has had some great zingers of his own (who can ever think of the "Shaft" theme the same way again?). Statler and Woldorf are STILL the ZingMasters though.

There's something that makes Kermit all the more alive when he interacts with an audience and other performers in a totally unscripted format. Tonight's show hasn't even started yet and already I've started hoping we'll be seeing more of Kerm or any Muppet again soon. I've thought up the ultimate Muppet dream-gig. Ready? Hosting Saturday Night Live. (let it sink in) How phenomenal would that be? Imagine Kermit being in every sketch and acting (and being treated) just like any other host. Not a muppet, just another bit actor. Seeing one muppet play a night's worth of characters would be hilarious. I haven't seen SNL in awhile so these scenarios are old, but imagine Miss Piggy in a Mr. Peepers sketch or Pepe playing the new cheerleader for the Spartan squad. The Newsman on Weekend Update. Someone call Lorne Michaels!

Now this post is plenty long already (it's my first though so go easy on me!), but there is one last point I'd like to make. Jim Henson never wanted to be a puppeteer for children alone. While he has certainly made the world a touch better through the magic he brought to Sesame Street, I've read that at the time he was torn about taking the job because of the fear of being pigeon-holed as kids' stuff. He certainly loved children, but he was also in love with showing the world the artistry of puppetry and taking it FAR beyond kids' birthday parties. The beautiful irony of my SNL suggestion is that Muppets were a part of that show at it's very beginnings. Basically, while I value quality programming for children, I don't think that's ever the way Jim wanted his characters to be seen. So for everyone complaining of the crassness and crudeness Kermit's being subjected to, you're welcome to your own taste in humor but I know Jim is smiling wherever he is.

... As long as there's nothing better to do at night there than watch TV, of course.

5. Fireimps87

Fireimps87 New Member

:) got little Undies! ^__^ XD

6. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

OK, I loved it when - in tonight's episode during the "Kerminator" sketch - Kermit is beating the thug senseless and pauses to say "I call this the Rainbow Connection" before he floors the guy with an uppercut. I was in stitches! :)

That was possibly the best Kermit moment EVER.

7. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I think we all know why human woman want to become groupies for the Muppets.

8. NikZane

NikZane Member

The Kerminator segment was the best!! Loved the Rainbow Connection bit, Go Kermit!!!

9. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

OK, I missed Thursday's episode AND Friday's episode.

I can't say the "ps" word so:

Crap :rolleyes:

Crap :mad:

Crap :grouchy:

All I had to do was set the timer.

10. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Finally caught an episode last night, and boy was it funny! The "Kerminator" segment cracked me up, as did the remark about women being Muppet fan groupies. The moment I heard that line I thought, "Oh, they're gonna be talking about that one on the forum tomorrow!" The thing with the underwear was great too, especially after the commercial break when Kermit had it on.

:sleep::The guy before Jimmy Kimmel was funnier.
    :boo:: Who, Bill Mahr?
    :sleep:: No, Ted Koppel.

They would say that...

-Kim

11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed all of it. I'm glad Kermit was a host w/ Kimmel. When I first heard this I thought he was going to host not be on w/ Kimmel but it was still great. I hope he either gets to go on LetterMen or Leno sometime in the future. That was funny. Laughing my butt off when I saw "The Kermintor." I also like a little of Frank and Kermit again too. Hope this helps in a show for the muppets. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! :)

12. turlem

turlem New Member

can someone describe friday's show? i missed it

13. Mklonstage

Mklonstage New Member

Could we also get a deccription of thursdyas show, i am in a play and missed both due to performances (well and cast parties)

14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Yup Statler & Waldorf were the only other suprise, unless they had other Muppets that they planed but didn't have time to fit into the show. Firday was a great day for Kermit, but i think the rest of the show was bad! LOL i mean like all the other guest and stuff, it was boring besides Kermit, but i guess that was all week:)

Oh and they showed more of Kermit and Uncle Frank!!! LOL! I wonder if the next show they might play more of that tape even if Kermit isn't there anymore, Jimmy said they taped for "about" an hour.

If you missed Firdays show you missed a good one! Like everyone else I loved the mini Kermit movie! :) "I call this the rainbow connection!!"

zack,

15. turlem

turlem New Member

well it bugs me, but as long as i didn't miss any other muppets (especially rowlf)

16. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Kermit moments Friday

Kermit and Frank;
    Kermit asks Frank if he's ever been to England. Frank says he's been to Europe three times, but never England. They start talking about the different countries. Kemit mentions that all human females want to be Muppet groupies. Frank begins paying Kermit compliments. Kermit asks if he them in a gay way (he really did say that). Frank explains that he jusy ment Kermit was a fun guy to be around.

Kermit and Jimmy talk about how Kermit is always typecasted. Kermit says that with Arnold in pollitics, there could be room in the action movie business.

Kermit's action movie (which has nothing to do with the Terminator);
    Kermit walks into a bar with a leather jacket and shades. He asks for grasshoppers all around, and the bartender gives him a green drink. Kermit asks, "What's this? I asked for a GRASSHOPPER". A woman comes up and starts hitting on Kermit. The woman's boyfriend comes up and tries to pick a fight with Kermit. Kermit tries to talk his way out of it until the guy throws his shades to the ground and steps on them. That's when the violence starts.
    Guy, "You think it's hard being green? Try being black and blue."
    :) "I call this the Rainbow Connection." then gives him a hard left left, knocking a few teeth out.
    Kermit wins the fight and takes the woman back to his 'pad'. Kermit playing his banjo and singing to the woman in a swamp.
    :) "There's no better place for a romp, then in a swamp."
    Kermit kisses the woman on the lips and turns into uncle Frank in a king's crown and robe. The woman runs away screaming.
    Frank in Kermit's voice, "Happens everytime."

Jimmy give Kermit a pair of breifs. Kermit says he'll put them on durring the commercials, but Jimmy just puts them over his head. Kermit shakes them off his head and into his hand.
    :) "I can't beleave I caught that."

Cousin Sal, "There's some long haired guy behind the couch touching Kermit." (I can't use his exact words)
    :) "We just couldn't go the whole week without someone saying that."

17. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

I am so glad it is over :D

When I think of Jim Henson talking to Kermit on the bench in the statue I want to vomit when I think of Kermit sitting on a couch with the people on a show as dirty as Kimmel.

Moderator Frog I agree with. Johnny or Pepe would have been perfect.

Kermit is too sweet and he is a legend that the guests ignored.

Animal sounded awful :grouchy:

Goodbye Kimmel. I will try to foreget it as soon as possible :boo:

18. turlem

turlem New Member

i agree things did goa bit far w/ kermit. The daily show interview should be the limit, but the muppets are meant to be adults, rowlf has made several references to drinking beer and it ain't a big dea, but i think itm was a little far on kimmel.

And animal's voice did suck, who was that? you'd think he'd be an easier voice

19. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Hey,
    I gotta sa, it was nice seeing Kermit, as well as S&W, I was very dissappointed with the show, in general. Then again, that seems to be the concensus, around here, so nothing new. I do have all five episodes taped, so in case anyone missed, and maybe has some Muppety specials or stuff I don't have, a trade could very well be arranged. Lastly, a question to Jamie. You said Animal was confirmed as Bill, but was supposed to be Steve. How could this have been possible, if Steve was busy with Kermit? As a side note, that is some AMAZING Muppet art on your site. I can't believe they're drawn. They look really photo-realistic. Nice work! Take care.

-Squigiman

20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I said Bill was the confirmed performer or Statler, not Animal. I said he probably performed Animal. I saw him underneath the drums.