1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 17, 2006.

1. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

The pictures from the Cd, and I dont think its been mentioned here yet, sorry if it has. They looked like they were pulled from the same photo shoot as 'Its a Very Mery Muppet Christmas Movie'.
  2. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Did anybody else severely miss Robin? It seemed like he belonged here.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh strange...are you sure he wasn't credited? Becuase it definitly wasn't Jerry doing Floyd...
  4. ericswinderman

ericswinderman New Member

Can't wait to get this.

I am 30 and the A Christmas Together CD is still the first one I put in every year after Thanksgiving!!!
  5. Telly

Telly Active Member

Which stores have you guys seen this CD at? I can't find it anywhere in Fargo, ND! Usually these things aren' hard to find around here, but I haven't seen it at Wal-Mart nor Best Buy!
  6. Marky

Marky Member

Saw it at Musicworld (for us Canuks) displayed prominently with their other new Christmas CDs for 9.99.
  7. Marky

Marky Member

I have that! I found that at an Esso station ten years ago for 6.99!
    Chirstmas music is always reasonable. Guess it has to be, since it only gets played for 6 weeks a year or so.
  8. Davina

Davina Member

i pre ordered it online.. was the only way to be sure i'd see it up here in alaska (still hasn't seen hide nor hair of the new SS dvds.. should have ordered them too.. and probablly will soon as the holidays are over with now, gotta save up for air fare...)
  9. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Is the only place to get this online? I have looked everywhere and haven't been able to find it:(
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i seen my local Disney Store in the Mall had like 3 copys!
  11. Davina

Davina Member

it will likely start showing up in local stores now that they are putting christmas stuff out more.
  12. Skye

Skye Active Member

Yeah, I saw it at Barnes and Noble about two weeks ago.
  13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I bought the CD at Hastings on Friday. I love the songs, but it really made me kinda sad to see the struggle going on to replace characters. Eric is doing a WONDERFUL job, and I would be willing to bet Frank having some hand in his training and choosing is a big part.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Bill hearing Dr. Teeth. I'm sure the reason he was picked is because he does the best, but it still sounds so off. The voice he uses for Rowlf could have been used for either, but I do like the way it panned out. I'm glad Pepe did get a song on the album, because it was something that Bill can't really be criticized for, voicewise (although WOW! who knew Pepe's voice went that high ;) )

Hearing Rizzo and Gonzo was my joy on the album though! It was WONDERFUL to hear their playful banter and such. Although then I went into a pseudo-depression thinking about how much longer Dave Goelz will stay on before he retires......

Something random, but I can just tell by hearing the background music that it has a 'Disney-esque' feel to it. The background girls sound like something off of Main Street USA performers...which doesn't really bother me, just an observation!
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Ordered it at the Spec's store where I bought/ordered the rest of my Muppet Cd and DVD's...
    But I'm still waiting for them to get this CD in stock.

Just heard to Run Run Rudolph on MC Radio, a song originally recorded by Chuck Berry which suits the EM perfectly. After hearing to Bill Barretta's Dr. Teeth... Yes, it could be mistaken for Bobo... But in truth, to me it sounded as if he was doing a combination Hoots the Owl/John Goodman as Big McBopper Blue (Blues Brothers 2000) impersonation.
    Not bad... Needs a smidge of improvemnt though.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, I didn't buy the CD, but I listened to it at the CD preview thing they have. I only heard snippets (darn those snippets) and From what I can tell, I think Bill does a pretty good Dr. Teeth for his first try. Floyd tookl me a moment to register as Floyd. I thought it was Zoot, at first.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Does Zoot talk on this album or not? From what's been said here, it sounds like he doesn't sing, but I thought I read that the album credits Dave Goelz as Zoot, and it would be weird to credit him if his voice isn't heard.

What songs sound like they would have made the best music videos?
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

minor muppetz, Zoot talks on the album just as much as he would in any of the films, but he does have a few speaking lines in "Man with the Bag". The best one being when Animal loses control on the drums and Zoot tries to calm him down by saying "Animal, Animal! Take your tablets." He is also referred to a few times by either Floyd or Dr. Teeth during the sax solos.
  18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What songs would be good as music videos? Probably any of the Electric Mayhem songs and maybe Pepe's number. That's about it though, in my opinion.
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Of course, Christmas Smorgasbord would be AMAZING as a video if well done..and I bet Christmas Queen could be done well (but I think I'm thinking as a skit and not a music video...but is there really a difference?)
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Zoot says "Thank you, thanks" after Floyd 'presents' him. I had no clue who it was until I listened and figure it out......

I think it might be him saying "Animal, Animal! Take your tablets." But I could be wrong....