Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, they sure did sing a lot of old, classic songs. Rosita did that old Cecille song "I'm Gonna Get To You", and I didn't like the new version at all. But then they used that number 2 song with Chris Cerf singing, and then the classic Number 2 Train animation. But it was sweetened a little bit, and was a little bit different. Right after that, they re-did that old song, "2 Is My Favorite Number" by Joe Raposo. I mean, those are great songs, they just don't like the originals because they're outdated. I don't know if you noticed that on the "channel" inserts of Elmo's World, they often do old songs. Next year, they're doing an Elmo's World all about "Bells." Guesswhat? They're actually redoing that old song "Listen To The Bells" by Jeff Moss! I'll bet that many of you forgot that song existed! It was never even shown on Noggin. It's an Anything Muppet song from Season 15. Jim Henson sang it, and every muppet in it was wearing shades. It took place in his bedroom for the alarm clock, his kitchen for the telephone, his classroom for the school bell, and then his kitchen for the doorbell. I would have thought that song was gone forever!

Erine81981

Reaction score
How Cool is That?!!!

I'm not for sure that I have that song but I might have it on an old epiosde. I would have to look through every tape I have taped of Sesame Street. I'll do it some day. And If I find it I'll post the note here. Wish me luck.:cool:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The Count here to report that Season 34 episodes of Sesame Street have started showing again here in Puerto Rico. The reunion with the rest of the country happened yesterday, April 28, 2003, starting with the episode where Elmo and Zoe want to fly kites together. Then today, we got the episode where Cookie Monster gets the "Cookie Flu" and I rully liked the Letter of the Day Cookie segment with guest star, the Amazing Mumford.
BTW: ssetta, do you know something that the rest of us don't regarding a possible run for Season 35? Will Season 35 actually happen?
Hope this helps and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
I believe they're all set for Seasons 35 and 36, but we don't know what will happen after 36. The show really is in danger of being cancelled, or turning into 100% Elmo's World. Let's just hope for the best.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, let's truly hope for the best with these next three seasons. Wouldn't want it to turn into pure shlock or 100% Elmo's World instead of Sesame Street. Hopefully, Sesame Street will still be Sesame Street as we strive to surpass Dick Clark's American Bandstand for the title of longest running TV show ever! Thanks for answering my previous question asd have a good night.

ssetta

Reaction score
What I have said in the past is that Elmo is pretty much the only character kids like now. They don't like those old characters anymore, because they're too old. Maybe they'll use them occasionally on Elmo's World, like they do now, but that's it.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
I believe they're all set for Seasons 35 and 36, but we don't know what will happen after 36. The show really is in danger of being cancelled, or turning into 100% Elmo's World. Let's just hope for the best.
What on earth are you talking about? Don't just spout that stuff out. Some people might actually think you know what you are talking about.

scarecroe

Reaction score
What I have said in the past is that Elmo is pretty much the only character kids like now. They don't like those old characters anymore, because they're too old. Maybe they'll use them occasionally on Elmo's World, like they do now, but that's it.
Where exactly are you getting your information please?

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
I can't confirm ssetta's information/speculation. I can confirm that recording is taking place in May/June for new Elmo's World and new Journey To Ernie segments.

This is part of the regular schedule. EW and JTE are now always shot separately from the season proper. Sesame recording dates are in the last two to three months of the year.

secret squirrel

Hays

Reaction score
You know, Secret Squirrel, it's always good to hear from someone who clearly has good information. Just wanted to thank you for adding your 2 cents whenever we let our imaginations run away with us.

Just wanted to mention again that, although my two-year-old still likes Elmo, Cookie Monster remains his favorite. Judging by the merchandising out there, he's not alone. I think the world is safe from an all-Elmo all-the-time channel.