Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
SecretSquirrel, when you say that the little girl Muppet in the background during the karaoke sing-along was an unofficial Muppet tribute to Britany Speres...

1 Do you mean that this is the latest Muppet celebrity spoof?
2 Will she appear again in other sketches as an interactive character or will she just stay in the background?
3 Does she have a name and if so, what is it?
4 Could you please describe what she looked like for my benefit, using as much details in your description as possible?
Thanks for your help and have a good day.

AnthonyF3

Reaction score
I hate (or if your prefer, love) to correct myself, but . . .

I was going to post something about how yummy Gina looked
Gabi. I don't know why I'm even bringing this up, I actually meant Gabi, because she hasn't look hot in the past. Gina's been hot since I was five years old.

Not that it really matters what I meant.

Crazy, Man

Anthony F. Strand

Cause Gina and Quinn are like the same age, so then he wouldn't even be a dirty old man. Oh, never mind!

Hays

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the AMs sort of wandering around during the Cookie Hood episode? There was a brunette female looking confused and heading towards Hooper's Store, and a brunette little boy. Interesting that they were just out there, wandering around.

New interns?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel

Frank Oz spent two days taping for season 34, with particular emphasis on Bert and Ernie.
He also plaied Grover on at least one Global Grover, the Bath one.

ssetta

Reaction score
Are you sure that Betty-Lou girl was meant to look like Britney Spears? I don't think so. But Gina does kind of remind me of Britney. And you know, if Allison B. O'Reilly (the actress who plays Gina) had to leave the show for some reason, I actually think Britney Spears would make a good Gina.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
Are you sure that Betty-Lou girl was meant to look like Britney Spears? I don't think so. But Gina does kind of remind me of Britney. And you know, if Allison B. O'Reilly (the actress who plays Gina) had to leave the show for some reason, I actually think Britney Spears would make a good Gina.
Secret Squirrel knows what he is talking about.

You shut up now.

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow, I never noticed that about her. But I didn't really get a good look at her. I'll have to look at her more closely the next time I see it.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
But Gina does kind of remind me of Britney. And you know, if Allison B. O'Reilly (the actress who plays Gina) had to leave the show for some reason, I actually think Britney Spears would make a good Gina.
:grouchy: :boo: :eek: :attitude: :cry:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Secret Squirrel knows what he is talking about.

You shut up now.
Hmm, the morning after I realized that I forgot to add the obligatory "winks and smiles" to my last post.

All in good fun, people. All in good fun.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
There was a classic narrated cartoon about 7 cats.

The animated fiddler character is Jim Henson's the Amazing Slim. He sang songs like the 2-step and the Amazing 3 Song with actual appearances. Jim just sang other classic cartoon number songs but his character never appeared in them.
Hope this helps.
I think that the classic "7" cartoon about cats was new to the season, but it did remind me of older clips.

Second, you mention that the fiddler is named "The Amazing Slim" as a Henson character. This is probably from the "The Count Counts" album, though I don't own it, but on the show he is called "Donnie Bud" and performed by someone else, likely either Don Hadley or Bud Luckey since they wrote the songs.