Your Thoughts: Square Roots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wanna hear a secret? The Republican party that shares an evil symbiotic relationship with them actually makes fun of the Christian right behind their backs... even the politicians think they're nuts.
I said it a long time ago in my blog, but I'll say it again - it's people like that who gave Christianity a bad name - you've got people out there who never belonged to a religion before, nor had anything to do with God before, and they're thinking "I thought this God was supposed to love everybody, why do I have to hate certain people to follow Him?"
EDIT: Hey... weren't those the same groups that tried to ban Sesame Street because it told kids to be friends with Black people?
Whoa, whoa, whoa... what? I haven't heard that one before... that sounds more like something KKK would do, not a Christian group.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still never have been able to catch Catscratch, though as I understand it, the humor/writing on that show was similar to that of Cow and Chicken and Rocko's Modern Life and as such, that's what peaked my interest into seeing it. I used to have a friend on YouTube who made Catscratch MVs all the time before she was suspended.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoa... what? I haven't heard that one before... that sounds more like something KKK would do, not a Christian group.
Actually, the KKK bills itself as a Christian group. (we did a big study on it in my Race and Ethnicties class) But I really don't wanna dig any further into that right now... if ya wanna discuss it, PM me :wink:

Catscratch rocked! I wish it was still in production, or at least on air somewhere! Seriously, my sister and I watched every episode.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Religion or athiest, there will always be hate filled people. One group or the other does not have a monopoly on the subject. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Catscratch rocked! I wish it was still in production, or at least on air somewhere! Seriously, my sister and I watched every episode.
Show was created by the dude that created Earthworm Jim. I only saw a couple episodes online (Nick's site) and I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. Plus it had Wayne Knight in it. I love that guy. I wish they'd put that on DVD, even if it's one of the overpriced burn on demand titles. Still gotta get some of those.

The other day I was gonna buy a Spongebob season set (or half season set) at A.J. Wright cheap... but I didn't have quite enough money (one dollar off) and I saw TMNT Fast Forward season 2... and I didn't see a couple of those episodes for even cheaper, and had to pick it up.

SSLFan

Reaction score
While I still love SpongeBob, I must say that after the movie, the episodes made a SHARP decline in quality.
Agreed. I have not seen a single "New" episode of Spongebob in years. If it's an old episode, I'll watch, but anything new really isn't all that great. Maybe they should've called it quits after the movie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe they should've called it quits after the movie?
That only happens when a movie is a total flop (Powerpuff Girls), or they planned on canning the show to begin with and have the movie serve as the series finale (Teacher's Pet).

I actually never get to see the newer episodes, but I see what you mean. Show's been on 10 years, of course it would have a sharp decline... especially when one of the biggest people behind the project left. When Craig McCracken left the Powerpuff Girls to start up Fosters (which was, frankly the last season anyway), the episodes really fell short... especially ones about how much of a moron the Mayor was. Happens to every show.

I'm glad it's still on, though... he's like the only cartoon character that still makes a dent in kid's programming.