Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh yea and by the way i think Nealson has been gone for at least a year i think not to sure.

Movies205

Reaction score
WELL THAT SUCKED!!!!!!

I don't even blame it on Disney, it's obvious there willing to let the muppets go crazy with there over the top humor, but the creative forces behind this sucked. The acting, script, even the sets SUCKED hard. The muppets are deep characters, yet I've been in kiddie pools deeper than this. The characters were terrible, no dept what so ever besides the cheezy cliche lines we all heard before. Dorothy was terrible other than the fact that she's mega hot :halo: but still I wish they hired the actors based on ability rather than star power. What they need to do is fire the muppet crew they have now, get in some new blood who truely understand the muppets, and are willing to write stories that are deep but still appealing for all age groups, this wasn't even cater to kids and it sucked.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well, from what I saw it was alright. Unfortunatly I was helping my fiance pack stuff because he's moving in a few days, so I missed some parts of it, but I will be watching it again later (I taped it). There were definately some very humorous moments that have already been mentioned in this thread. I'm not a huge Ashanti fan, so that's probably the only part I would change. It was nice to see the Muppets, so I really have few complaints.

Movies205

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Well, from what I saw it was alright. Unfortunatly I was helping my fiance pack stuff because he's moving in a few days, so I missed some parts of it, but I will be watching it again later (I taped it). There were definately some very humorous moments that have already been mentioned in this thread. I'm not a huge Ashanti fan, so that's probably the only part I would change. It was nice to see the Muppets, so I really have few complaints.
Don't waste your time, watch the original movies or something cuz though there were some funny parts, over-all it was terrible :frown:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i thought the first hour was boring. Nothing was going on that I cared for. The second hour was better than the first, but not that much. The movie itself wasn't done that well. I thought the characters were a little bland and didn't have any sparks to them.

Worst parts were seeing Rowlf the dog at the end with no lines and only having the Electric Mayhem members in the movie for a minute or two.

The only thing I liked in the movie was the ending where the original muppet characters were there with Ashanti.

Whatever

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I must of missed the Swedish Chef cameo. When did it occur??......
That was when Kermit got his brains, er, bran, the Chef brought them onstage.

I think it was full of good Muppety stuff. It wasn't as good as a movie, but it had lots of stuff for diehard fans.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That must have been when my dad was bigging me with something. I knew I was going to miss something.....

ryan

Whatever

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
The ONLY part of the movie I felt bad at, is when the "monkeys" ripped Kermits arms off and made poor ol Gonzos head spin off *sniff* But i'd know they's be alright.

And was it just me or was Sam TALL???!!
Sam has always been tall. Look at the action figure.

I think kids will have nightmares about poor Kermit and Gonzo being torn apart.

IMHO, I liked how they were true to the books. No one could really outdo the Judy Garland movie, so why try?

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Whatever said:
And did you see they used the hunchback from the Debbie Harry episode of TMS?.
That is also Multch on Muppets Tonight!

Did anybody else notice how it seems for the most part that everybody over 18 liked it or appriciated it, and under 18 didn't? What is that all about!
Well I liked it!
One coplaint is the acting of Ashani, man that girl sucked, they should have gone with Jessica if they were doing the singer thing, she has a backround with the Muppets and could have livened her roll up a bit! Over all I did really like it, Sam was to tall, Scooter sounded perfect! Pepe was funny as ever, Gonzo and Fozzie were AWSOME! I also loved Piggy's good witch "Huggies" thing with the Munchkins! Funny to see her so nice!
Tyler

Whatever

Reaction score
Did you catch where Pepe called Sam "Big Bird?" Too funny! :big_grin: